Mods, please clarify...

RS

Mods, please clarify...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

The Stone Mountain leather “leather” TLV handbags.

The online description says PU leather...which is NOT leather.

Last night during the presentation I asked if the bags were, in fact, GENUINE leather. I was told they ARE. It is clearly stated on the presentation.

Researching online for PU leather. PU “leather” is not LEATHER.

I DID order one. I am going under the assumption it is as STATED by the hosts on live television that this bag is genuine leather.

If you can clarify before it ships it would make things easier for everyone.
3 x

Ginger

Re: Mods, please clarify...

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

@RS please G⭕️⭕️Gle PU leather :| it cracks & creases within a couple years, the Q used to sell Stone Mountain bags for much higher prices than $40!! You will be amazed at what PU leather is & I looked on every description on all these TLV s and they’re all PU leather. I started to order the one with the floral or whatever it was but read the comments about what this material really is. I won’t order anything from this line after I read it for myself. I thought $40 sounded too good to be true for a 100% real genuine leather bag and this is not according to their description stating PU leather 😞
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
@RS please G⭕️⭕️Gle PU leather :| it cracks & creases within a couple years, the Q used to sell Stone Mountain bags for much higher prices than $40!! You will be amazed at what PU leather is & I looked on every description on all these TLV s and they’re all PU leather. I started to order the one with the floral or whatever it was but read the comments about what this material really is. I won’t order anything from this line after I read it for myself. I thought $40 sounded too good to be true for a 100% real genuine leather bag and this is not according to their description stating PU leather 😞
I did look up PU leather. Just to make sure my memory served.
Well that is why I am asking. I also emailed CS and haven’t heard. Last night the hosts (Nikki and Cindy) said that the online description was incorrect and that they were going to make sure it was corrected.
They then repeated that the bags are genuine leather. In fact, all last night they went on and on that it was real leather.
I hope SLC can answer this basic question before it ships. If I receive the bag and it is not leather I certainly hope SLC would NOT require me to take the time and effort to return a misrepresented item.
2 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Years ago I bought a sofa and loveseat thinking it was true leather. Looked and felt like leather and was assured it was. After a couple of years realized it was not true leather as both pieces started cracking and peeling. Next time I purchased a sofa and recliner in true leather. Cost way more but no cracking and peeling. Lesson !earned. Good luck with your purse. I hope it is real leather.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

CC wrote:
4 years ago
Years ago I bought a sofa and loveseat thinking it was true leather. Looked and felt like leather and was assured it was. After a couple of years realized it was not true leather as both pieces started cracking and peeling. Next time I purchased a sofa and recliner in true leather. Cost way more but no cracking and peeling. Lesson !earned. Good luck with your purse. I hope it is real leather.
Very often, in fact mostly, leather furniture is bonded leather. That will peel and crack in a couple of years. I have a cream leather sofa and loveseat. It is full grain cowhide. After feeling both when I was shopping for them I could definitely tell the difference. Another difference is in the price.

Thank you🥰
I hope it is real leather as well. Since that’s what they said it is...I am hoping it’s the truth. I ordered the floral one, it is cute. I already know I have to change out the strap because it is shorter than I like. But that’s okay because a REAL LEATHER bag for a good deal, even without the strap is still okay. I have black leather straps with big lobster claw like clasps.
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Well that is why I am asking. I also emailed CS and haven’t heard. Last night the hosts (Nikki and Cindy) said that the online description was incorrect and that they were going to make sure it was corrected.
They then repeated that the bags are genuine leather. In fact, all last night they went on and on that it was real leather.
I hope SLC can answer this basic question before it ships. If I receive the bag and it is not leather I certainly hope SLC would NOT require me to take the time and effort to return a misrepresented item.
RS, we were watching at the same time last night. I heard your strap measurement question as well as the one you are now referring to...Nikki & Cindy both agreed they were & asked that the web info be updated to acknowledge the handbags are 'genuine' leather! Of course that doesn't answer whether they really are or not. But I'm sure you also think like me, at that price, it's questionable. They even compared them to D & B leather bags. I'm your witness if you need one!
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
RS, we were watching at the same time last night. I heard your strap measurement question as well as the one you are now referring to...Nikki & Cindy both agreed they were & asked that the web info be updated to acknowledge the handbags are 'genuine' leather! Of course that doesn't answer whether they really are or not. But I'm sure you also think like me, at that price, it's questionable. They even compared them to D & B leather bags. I'm your witness if you need one!
Thank you💞💞💞

YES...they did compare to D&B. Yep...we were watching at the same time. Kind of like both of us looking up and seeing the moon...sigh...😊😊😊

Anyway...You then must’ve heard Nikki call me by name when I asked if a crossbody was coming up. She answered that too. I want to know the answer this question.
Judging by the fact that I have not leads me to believe they do not want to give the facts.
They do sell reasonable Newage leather bags and most of those are quite nice.
I ORDERED what was presented...a Genuine leather bag.
That is what I expect to get.
5 x

Harlequin

Mountain stone handbags

Post by Harlequin » 4 years ago

The mountain stone handbags on Thursdays TLV are real leather,But the leather is extremely extremely paperthin and sprayed with (Polyurethane) So for the leather being extremely paperthin this is why they can call The bags real genuine leather
2 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago

Last night during the presentation I asked if the bags were, in fact, GENUINE leather. I was told they ARE. It is clearly stated on the presentation.

I DID order one. I am going under the assumption it is as STATED by the hosts on live television that this bag is genuine leather.

Good morning,

Please send me an email at preston.weaver@shoplc.com with the order/item information so I can help look into this for you. Thank you!
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Good morning,

Please send me an email at preston.weaver@shoplc.com with the order/item information so I can help look into this for you. Thank you!
Well, I received two emails and the last one, from Mod Connor clarified that the bags are NOT GENUINE LEATHER.

I replied stating my displeasure and disappointment regarding this entire situation.

One of the hosts presenting these bags, Cindy, is the Director of Merchandising. I asked how can the Dir. of Merchandising not have vetted and been aware that these bags were not leather.
I am guessing they did know the bags were not real leather. But said they were. If the head of Merchandising truly didn’t know? Well....I mean....
I have a Merchandising degree. You’re supposed to know what you are obtaining.
So not pleased.
2 x