Re: Mods, please clarify...

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

That’s it, bottom line. They should be made to make it right! A lot of people bought those bags. Those same people were told it was genuine leather.
There are laws that are designed to protect consumers from just this type of thing.
Yep & too many times it's the host(s) misrepresenting the product.
Except THIS time one of the people misrepresenting the product was the one responsible for the product being sold by SLC in the first place!
And they had plenty plenty of time to correct the error. They showed those bags all day and continued to say they were leather and that the online description was incorrect.
They should have been proactive and figured it out. They should have fixed the mistake.
They had the means to. They didn’t.
I know the odds are against it but wouldn't it be a shocking surprise if it actually turned out to be leather? Since yours has already shipped, don't hold your breath, but maybe there's the off chance the hosts were right & Mods were wrong.

You gotta let us know the truth when it arrives!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Yep & too many times it's the host(s) misrepresenting the product.
Except THIS time one of the people misrepresenting the product was the one responsible for the product being sold by SLC in the first place!
And they had plenty plenty of time to correct the error. They showed those bags all day and continued to say they were leather and that the online description was incorrect.
They should have been proactive and figured it out. They should have fixed the mistake.
They had the means to. They didn’t.
I know the odds are against it but wouldn't it be a shocking surprise if it actually turned out to be leather? Since yours has already shipped, don't hold your breath, but maybe there's the off chance the hosts were right & Mods were wrong.

You gotta let us know the truth when it arrives!
I will for sure let everyone know. I will be hopeful. It’s a 50/50 chance so....
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I do have a flower print handbag that I bought at Kohl's about 9 years ago and it still looks as beautiful as the day I bought it and it's not real leather, I have always gotten lots of compliments on it and people thought it was real but it has held up very well. but if shop LC says they're selling a real leather handbag than it needs to be real leather because it's against the law to claim something is leather when it's not and if they know it's not there deliberately misleading people. I would definitely send it back I think they count on people not sending items back and that's how they keep getting away with it and doing this stuff over and over again, I would make sure that they were paying for it and I would want some sort of credit or extra discount next time I order for making you have to go through the process of mailing it back.
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

They should, IMO, refund all money paid, and let buyers keep the bags.

They were dishonest about these bags. In their thinking, it's probably got SOME leather on it (like maybe the tag!) while the main bag is PU.

And to the fact that they are misleading people, I say the same to them for doing so...a big 'ol PU...

AKA...PEEWWWWWWWWW!
😵 😤 🤧 😠
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I do have a flower print handbag that I bought at Kohl's about 9 years ago and it still looks as beautiful as the day I bought it and it's not real leather, I have always gotten lots of compliments on it and people thought it was real but it has held up very well. but if shop LC says they're selling a real leather handbag than it needs to be real leather because it's against the law to claim something is leather when it's not and if they know it's not there deliberately misleading people. I would definitely send it back I think they count on people not sending items back and that's how they keep getting away with it and doing this stuff over and over again, I would make sure that they were paying for it and I would want some sort of credit or extra discount next time I order for making you have to go through the process of mailing it back.
I know, if it’s pretty that’s all fine and good. But would I have even ordered it if it weren’t genuine leather?....not likely. So then I have the inconvenience of the whole thing.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
They should, IMO, refund all money paid, and let buyers keep the bags.

They were dishonest about these bags. In their thinking, it's probably got SOME leather on it (like maybe the tag!) while the main bag is PU.

And to the fact that they are misleading people, I say the same to them for doing so...a big 'ol PU...

AKA...PEEWWWWWWWWW!
😵 😤 🤧 😠
YEP! I totally agree.

If it’s not real leather then that’s PIE in the face of SLC (see what I did there?🤪🤪)
5 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
The Stone Mountain leather “leather” TLV handbags.

The online description says PU leather...which is NOT leather.

Last night during the presentation I asked if the bags were, in fact, GENUINE leather. I was told they ARE. It is clearly stated on the presentation.

Researching online for PU leather. PU “leather” is not LEATHER.

I DID order one. I am going under the assumption it is as STATED by the hosts on live television that this bag is genuine leather.

If you can clarify before it ships it would make things easier for everyone.
Good morning,

Please send me an email at preston.weaver@shoplc.com with the order/item information so I can help look into this for you. Thank you!
Well, I received two emails and the last one, from Mod Connor clarified that the bags are NOT GENUINE LEATHER.

I replied stating my displeasure and disappointment regarding this entire situation.

One of the hosts presenting these bags, Cindy, is the Director of Merchandising. I asked how can the Dir. of Merchandising not have vetted and been aware that these bags were not leather.
I am guessing they did know the bags were not real leather. But said they were. If the head of Merchandising truly didn’t know? Well....I mean....
I have a Merchandising degree. You’re supposed to know what you are obtaining.
So not pleased.
Good morning,

Thank you for your reply. I have had sent Connor the response I got from merchandising and follow up with you as I have been caught up in a few things in past couple days. I have just sent you an email!
1 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Hi @Catticus
@RS
And the TRIBE.
I ALMOST BOUGHT IT, but was suspicious of the low price. There is a grade of leather that uses the worst part of the grain. They are able to label it GENUINE LEATHER, but its worse then a good faux leather.
I believe that since we were mislead that they should refund buyers money and let them keep it.
I had a similar situation a few years ago when Kevin was President.
Jessica presented pillows that she kept on saying was 100% Down. The cost was about $15-20. Dont exactly remember. I couldnt believe they can sell 100% Down so cheap. I called CS. They had no info. The web stated it was down. So I ordered a total of 12 pillows for me, and a few kids.
When the pillows arrived, I was livid. The label said the outside was polyester fill and the inside was 95% feathers, 5% down. Those cost $6 locally.
I would never buy feathers which are hi allergens.
The pillows were delivered in large boxes to 3 addresses.
I called CS. Was told to return it. WHAT ?? Drag huge boxes to the post office. I asked for a supervisor. She was nasty. Same answer. I begged her to at least have usps or ups pick them up. She refused everything.
Thats when I decided to call the shoplc President Kevins office.
He emailed me that he will be watching the tape of Jessica presenting it.
1 hour later, he emailed me, that I was right and he told that supervisor to refund the money to ALL customers that bought the pillows, and let them keep it.
The nasty supervisor called me with a very friendly tone to tell me what I already knew.
I donated the pillows. One kid kept it and was sorry. The feathers kept on coming out of the pillows.
That was KEVIN. I MISS HIM.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Hi @Catticus
@RS
And the TRIBE.
I ALMOST BOUGHT IT, but was suspicious of the low price. There is a grade of leather that uses the worst part of the grain. They are able to label it GENUINE LEATHER, but its worse then a good faux leather.
I believe that since we were mislead that they should refund buyers money and let them keep it.
I had a similar situation a few years ago when Kevin was President.
Jessica presented pillows that she kept on saying was 100% Down. The cost was about $15-20. Dont exactly remember. I couldnt believe they can sell 100% Down so cheap. I called CS. They had no info. The web stated it was down. So I ordered a total of 12 pillows for me, and a few kids.
When the pillows arrived, I was livid. The label said the outside was polyester fill and the inside was 95% feathers, 5% down. Those cost $6 locally.
I would never buy feathers which are hi allergens.
The pillows were delivered in large boxes to 3 addresses.
I called CS. Was told to return it. WHAT ?? Drag huge boxes to the post office. I asked for a supervisor. She was nasty. Same answer. I begged her to at least have usps or ups pick them up. She refused everything.
Thats when I decided to call the shoplc President Kevins office.
He emailed me that he will be watching the tape of Jessica presenting it.
1 hour later, he emailed me, that I was right and he told that supervisor to refund the money to ALL customers that bought the pillows, and let them keep it.
The nasty supervisor called me with a very friendly tone to tell me what I already knew.
I donated the pillows. One kid kept it and was sorry. The feathers kept on coming out of the pillows.
That was KEVIN. I MISS HIM.
I agree with you that everyone who bought it should have been refunded the entire amount and not have had to return it.

@Moderator_Preston offered me something different. Since I didn’t think SLC would offer anything better I accepted.
But again, I agree with you. We were all lied to, we were told flat out that these bags were genuine leather. It’s recorded for all the world to see and they know it.
3 x