Re: Mods, please clarify...

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Preston wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
The Stone Mountain leather “leather” TLV handbags.

The online description says PU leather...which is NOT leather.

Last night during the presentation I asked if the bags were, in fact, GENUINE leather. I was told they ARE. It is clearly stated on the presentation.

Researching online for PU leather. PU “leather” is not LEATHER.

I DID order one. I am going under the assumption it is as STATED by the hosts on live television that this bag is genuine leather.

If you can clarify before it ships it would make things easier for everyone.
Good morning,

Please send me an email at preston.weaver@shoplc.com with the order/item information so I can help look into this for you. Thank you!
Well, I received two emails and the last one, from Mod Connor clarified that the bags are NOT GENUINE LEATHER.

I replied stating my displeasure and disappointment regarding this entire situation.

One of the hosts presenting these bags, Cindy, is the Director of Merchandising. I asked how can the Dir. of Merchandising not have vetted and been aware that these bags were not leather.
I am guessing they did know the bags were not real leather. But said they were. If the head of Merchandising truly didn’t know? Well....I mean....
I have a Merchandising degree. You’re supposed to know what you are obtaining.
So not pleased.
It was also mentioned how long she had been working to get them in inventory. And "yes, they're genuine leather, they smell like leather & ........so on" was also said.

That TLV was misrepresented on live tv...BIG TIME!
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

@Blossom
YES! That was said too!

Come onnnnnnn.......

So what are you going to do about this SLC?
4 x

Blossom

RS wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom
YES! That was said too!

Come onnnnnnn.......

If anyone returns them for misinformation SLC should refund everything including return s&h!

Unfortunately some will think they are sporting a genuine leather handbag until it starts to deteriorate. Then it will be too late.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom
YES! That was said too!

Come onnnnnnn.......

If anyone returns them for misinformation SLC should refund everything including return s&h!

Unfortunately some will think they are sporting a genuine leather handbag until it starts to deteriorate. Then it will be too late.
WELL! I went to send an email requesting SLC cancel the item and refund my money.

THE PURSE HAS SHIPPED😡😡😡😡

Not sending it back. Nope. Not doing it.
2 x

Blossom

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom
YES! That was said too!

Come onnnnnnn.......

WELL! I went to send an email requesting SLC cancel the item and refund my money.

I get that.

It was priced for faux leather so if you like it...why not keep it!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

I get that.

I get that too.

However...I wouldn’t have ordered it if it wasn’t leather. Partly because I KNEW I was going to have to replace the strap.
I watched the presentations of all the bags, all the time being told they were leather.
I wanted leather.
Also...it will likely fall apart. Especially considering it has a print on it. Who knows how long it will be before that starts to peel?

And it is the principle of the matter. SLC said it was leather.
5 x

Blossom

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

I get that.

I get that too.

However...I wouldn’t have ordered it if it wasn’t leather. Partly because I KNEW I was going to have to replace the strap.
I watched the presentations of all the bags, all the time being told they were leather.
I wanted leather.
Also...it will likely fall apart. Especially considering it has a print on it. Who knows how long it will be before that starts to peel?

I agree completely. I've never purchaesd a handbag w/print (been tempted) but wouldn't have a clue how soon it would start to peel. IF it were me & only wanted it if it were leather (as Nikki & Cindy adamantly said), I would insist they pay for return s&h plus full refund (they probably would) & I'd stick that thing back in the mailbox in a heartbeat!

Should you have to deal w/the inconvenience...of course NOT! But if it won't last it's not worth the money you paid..it is the principle & THEY should be ashamed & be made to make it right!
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

I get that.

I get that too.

I wanted leather.

I agree completely. I've never purchaesd a handbag w/print (been tempted) but wouldn't have a clue how soon it would start to peel. IF it were me & only wanted it if it were leather (as Nikki & Cindy adamantly said), I would insist they pay for return s&h plus full refund (they probably would) & I'd stick that thing back in the mailbox in a heartbeat!

Should you have to deal w/the inconvenience...of course NOT! But if it won't last it's not worth the money you paid..it is the principle & THEY should be ashamed & be made to make it right!
That’s it, bottom line. They should be made to make it right! A lot of people bought those bags. Those same people were told it was genuine leather.
There are laws that are designed to protect consumers from just this type of thing.
3 x

Blossom

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

I get that too.

I wanted leather.

That’s it, bottom line. They should be made to make it right! A lot of people bought those bags. Those same people were told it was genuine leather.
There are laws that are designed to protect consumers from just this type of thing.
Yep & too many times it's the host(s) misrepresenting the product.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago

Yep & too many times it's the host(s) misrepresenting the product.
Except THIS time one of the people misrepresenting the product was the one responsible for the product being sold by SLC in the first place!
And they had plenty plenty of time to correct the error. They showed those bags all day and continued to say they were leather and that the online description was incorrect.
They should have been proactive and figured it out. They should have fixed the mistake.
They had the means to. They didn’t.

I haven't heard back from Preston. But I did hear from Connor and he said it was not real leather. Maybe I just need to wait and see for myself.
3 x