Price changes in bid box. Ruins Auctions. Not Honest.

ljm

Price changes in bid box. Ruins Auctions. Not Honest.

Post by ljm » 4 years ago

When I try to bid and put a number in the bid box the price will change if someone else bids before I do. Why? How come the price changes to 1 dollar higher then the last person bid which/changes brings down my bid. Not very nice to change my bid. it's happened enough - I give up :evil: Customer service doesn't care.
2 x

Harlequin

Re: Price changes in bid box. Ruins Auctions. Not Honest.

Post by Harlequin » 4 years ago

I have noticed the changes in the bidsAlso I’m still waiting for two pieces I won two weeks ago and my money came out of my bank the same day. I know it doesn’t take two weeks for I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from SLC if I don’t receive my two pieces by Monday let’s just say I know who to write to Or call
0 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

ljm wrote:
4 years ago
When I try to bid and put a number in the bid box the price will change if someone else bids before I do. Why? How come the price changes to 1 dollar higher then the last person bid which/changes brings down my bid. Not very nice to change my bid. it's happened enough - I give up :evil: Customer service doesn't care.
Hello I am trying to make sure I understand. Let's say you are wanting big 10 dollars but someone before you has bid 11, are you saying that the site is changing your bid to 12 or rather prompting you to bid 12?
2 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@ljm Some people place a max bid so if you place a bid and it is lower then the other persons max bid it will automatically change and you have to bid higher, that might be what is happening.
4 x

ljm

Post by ljm » 3 years ago

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
ljm wrote:
4 years ago
Hello I am trying to make sure I understand. Let's say you are wanting big 10 dollars but someone before you has bid 11, are you saying that the site is changing your bid to 12 or rather prompting you to bid 12?
No the problem is I'll place 75 dollars in the bid box on an Item that's currently at 45. If someone else places a bid for 46 dollars before I hit the bid button my price changes to 47 dollars and if their bid is on max bid for 55 I loose the auction because my original max bid was changed to 47 dollars so they win it for 48 dollars. I don't have time to change my bid back to my original 75 dollars which means I would have won the item for 56 dollars.
5 x

MilfordsMrFixIt

Post by MilfordsMrFixIt » 3 years ago

4 years ago
ljm wrote:
4 years ago
Danielle;
I have had this happen a few times. If I log out, close the browser and log back in, it usually, usually, straightens it out. What happens is that if an auction is at say $20 and I set a max bid for $40, but someone bids $21 before I place my bid, my bid changes to $22! Lost a few auctions that way.
3 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 3 years ago

MilfordsMrFixIt wrote:
3 years ago
4 years ago
ljm wrote:
4 years ago
Danielle;
I have had this happen a few times. If I log out, close the browser and log back in, it usually, usually, straightens it out. What happens is that if an auction is at say $20 and I set a max bid for $40, but someone bids $21 before I place my bid, my bid changes to $22! Lost a few auctions that way.
Hello, I am sorry that I missed this. I get what you mean now. Yes I can see how that would be frustrating. But if the person is bidding before you do your bid, then it would make sense why the amount would change. How do you feel this could be addressed better. Any ideas we always like feedback to try and make it better!
1 x

ljm

Post by ljm » 3 years ago

Once someone places a bid in the bid box - Don't let the amount in the bid box change (except by the bidder). If someone is not paying attention to their bid then they loose. At lease then it's their fault and not LC's for changing it on them.
1 x