Auto Bidding Or lack of

redstarr1959

Auto Bidding Or lack of

Post by redstarr1959 » 3 years ago

5/16 I saw a tsavorite ring I liked. I placed a bid. It started at $30.00 With 11 minutes to go. High Bidder was K .I could not use auto bidding for some reason.So I keep bidding. K also places bid so for two plus mins it went on till it hit $100.00. Then he stopped.Still had 6 plus minutes.Nothing else from K.
Know I do like ring but think its not fair that K was able to push me.I know it never use to be this way. This has me so upset ,I may have to stop Lc once and for all.

I also had issues with mask black ones but didnt follow up on them. :x
4 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Auto Bidding Or lack of

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

redstarr1959 wrote:
3 years ago
5/16 I saw a tsavorite ring I liked. I placed a bid. It started at $30.00 With 11 minutes to go. High Bidder was K .I could not use auto bidding for some reason.So I keep bidding. K also places bid so for two plus mins it went on till it hit $100.00. Then he stopped.Still had 6 plus minutes.Nothing else from K.
Know I do like ring but think its not fair that K was able to push me.I know it never use to be this way. This has me so upset ,I may have to stop Lc once and for all.

I also had issues with mask black ones but didnt follow up on them. :x
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. I have gone ahead and reported this to our online auctions team so they can look into this. If there is anything else you would like to share, please post it so we can look into it. I hope you are having a beautiful day!
0 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 3 years ago

Sounds like a glitch on auto bid and not necessarily a flesh and blood live person manually bidding against I truly hope this auction site is not infiltrated with programming to as the customers have been reporting a "robot" mechanism. My background graduate of systems analysis in the mid seventies from time to time I still benefit from for problem identification and solving many times. Jt (only trying to help) Jesus got my t back
2 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 3 years ago

Just by accident, I saw my name biding on items I even wasn't interested in. So, something is wrong.
5 x

Catbirdwatcher

Post by Catbirdwatcher » 3 years ago

Me too!Every day there are at least a few items, sometimes more,that show up on my watchlist that I have never bid on. I have changed my pin code several times to be sure noone else has access to my account, but it still happens.
2 x

MNLadyHuntress

Post by MNLadyHuntress » 2 years ago

I thought I might be the only one but it seems to me there are employees or "bots" that the company uses to bid on the items on the $1 auction side. First bid they do seems is just to get it on a watch list, then...they come back towards the end of the auction and drive the price up to within 10 or 15 dollars of the last price it was sold on t.v. as....but many, MANY times it goes over that amount so I leave it. I don't know if they aren't aware that they're driving the price up so high that it is cheaper to buy it from the store or not. I have a feeling they know. Another way you can tell is when the item you just lost reappears IMMEDIATELY back into the cue for bidding. It doesn't get held onto for even 24 hrs. It's either a computer or an employee. If it is an actual person that works for them, I wonder if they've crunched the numbers on hourly pay, utilities for the building the employees are in, etc vs. actually selling an item.

I thought I might be paranoid but I've seen enough posts on the forum here to know that's exactly what we're dealing with. I won some nice things but, I think I am sending the things I bought that are within the 30 day return period and giving up on the channel. It just showed up out of nowhere where I live and I forgot I had shopped with them before. The ONE item I was stunned to find and WIN in the auction showed up at my house CRUSHED (a Sleeping Beauty turquoise pendant with white topaz necklace set in YELLOW gold...most things are silver, which isn't always good with a shade of color that is already COLD because of the amount of white in the color) and the actual Sleeping Beauty turquoise was MISSING entirely. It wasn't in the box, it wasn't in the baggie with the crushed necklace, and it wasn't in the bubble mailer. It was clear, based on the tearing of the baggie, that it happened before it was packaged and mailed...and they mailed it anyway. I won it for $27, which seemed like a small miracle, until it came destroyed.

Yes, I got my money back but....there is literally nothing like it anywhere on their site. I looked before I even called. The customer service guy refunded my money, but what I wanted was the necklace. I knew....one way or another...there was NO way I was getting that necklace for $27 bucks. I was right.

I also won a peridot halo ring for $100 bucks that retailed on the store side for 199. They couldn't find it. So...I went to the store side, which is where they OUGHT to have pulled it from to fill my order...and bought it on easy pay. They canceled the order, saying the ring wasn't available. So I went to the website again....ordered it again because the website said "Hurry, last 1"....ordered it. Clearly, based on the "invoiced" comment in my order history...that ring isn't coming either.
7 x