Address Book setting Default

bluez

Address Book setting Default

Post by bluez » 3 years ago

I sent a friend a gift a couple months ago. Her address still shows up as the default address in "Address Stored on file".
When I change the default to my home address, it only last for that one purchase, then reverts back to my friends address.
Am I doing something wrong, or is this an issue with the website?
Thanks.
bluez
5 x

Horsepower

Re: Address Book setting Default

Post by Horsepower » 3 years ago

bluez wrote:
3 years ago
I sent a friend a gift a couple months ago. Her address still shows up as the default address in "Address Stored on file".
When I change the default to my home address, it only last for that one purchase, then reverts back to my friends address.
Thanks.
bluez
Same thing happened to me. I had to call customer service for them to correct the problem, but now I' check online just to make before I purchase anything. Believe me when I say I learned the hard way. I got thank you emails from relatives for items intended for me and couldn't tell them the truth. :roll: :o
7 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 3 years ago

bluez wrote:
3 years ago
Thanks.
bluez
Good Evening, bluez!

I'm sorry to hear this! It is strange to hear that the address keeps defaulting to the alternate address instead of your own. If you would, please call into Customer Service at 877-899-0078 so that we can have a representative assist with correcting the account and address settings. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused during this!
5 x

bluez

I just do not feel like calling. I have called before & the answer was that the friend's address needed to be deleted. That makes it inconvenient for the next time you want to send a gift, and if it is during a live auction, you would probably loose while adding the address.

I made a few purchases over the weekend & my address was the default. However, tonight (Sunday), it reverted to my friends address when I was bidding for the one or two left in my size. I got lucky because one popped back in. After that experience, I went ahead deleted my friend's address.

I would appreciate it if you would check to see if deleting addresses of friends you might gift again is the only option. If that is the only option, what good does it do to have an address book?
bluez
6 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 3 years ago

bluez wrote:
3 years ago
I just do not feel like calling. I have called before & the answer was that the friend's address needed to be deleted. That makes it inconvenient for the next time you want to send a gift, and if it is during a live auction, you would probably loose while adding the address.

I made a few purchases over the weekend & my address was the default. However, tonight (Sunday), it reverted to my friends address when I was bidding for the one or two left in my size. I got lucky because one popped back in. After that experience, I went ahead deleted my friend's address.

I would appreciate it if you would check to see if deleting addresses of friends you might gift again is the only option. If that is the only option, what good does it do to have an address book?
bluez
@Preston No offense to you, okay? 💞🐱💕

@bluez
I agree with you. Why should members have to write any issues they have with the IT department, or SLC in general, which is what this forum is for, and then have to spend time calling various departments re-explaining the issue all over again...when they already explained it on the forum?

Why don't the other departments have access to this forum? We're quite aware that the hosts' department does.

Can't members' posts be forwarded to the right departments, along with them then sending a reply that posts were received (with the name of receiver, date and time) and that the issue will be taken care of? Why should members have to write their situations on here, then again contact by phone and emails, other departments?

Why do members have to chase down Customer Service when they already wrote the issue(s) on the forum?

Sigh.
7 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Catticus wrote:
3 years ago
bluez wrote:
3 years ago

bluez
@Preston No offense to you, okay? 💞🐱💕

@bluez
I agree with you. Why should members have to write any issues they have with the IT department, or SLC in general, which is what this forum is for, and then have to spend time calling various departments re-explaining the issue all over again...when they already explained it on the forum?

Why don't the other departments have access to this forum? We're quite aware that the hosts' department does.

Can't members' posts be forwarded to the right departments, along with them then sending a reply that posts were received (with the name of receiver, date and time) and that the issue will be taken care of? Why should members have to write their situations on here, then again contact by phone and emails, other departments?

Why do members have to chase down Customer Service when they already wrote the issue(s) on the forum?

Sigh.
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your post. In regards to this, all of our teams do look at forum and review the feedback we send them directly. Moderators are the only Shop LC employees allowed to post on the forum at this time, so they do need to work through us to respond to your inquiries about certain issues. For their privacy we are unable to share their names, but when get an update from them we do share it with the forum. In regards to customer service issues, since this forum is supposed to be as anonymous as possible we do need you to contact us in some way directly, but usually a moderator will reach out directly to handle your issue to make it a smoother experience. However, without us having direct contact, we are unable diagnose your issues as personal information is not allowed on the forum (i.e. names, email addresses, phone numbers, order numbers, etc.) and we do want to keep anonymity on the forum. I apologize if this causes any inconvenience, and I hope you have a beautiful day!
3 x

bluez

Thanks, Preston. Can we look forward to address book changes?
bluez
3 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

bluez wrote:
3 years ago
Thanks, Preston. Can we look forward to address book changes?
bluez
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. Our web team does have this feedback so they will have this in mind for a future update. In the meantime, please email me at preston.weaver@shoplc.com so I can help find a resolution for this issue as it should not be switching over to a new default address every time you place an order.
3 x

Kevin.b

Post by Kevin.b » 2 years ago

Thanks for introducing me to shungite somehow I do feel better being around it
0 x

vic

Post by vic » 2 years ago

the new website has lots of problems. i was told it was my fault for sending items to someone else and changing the default address, cant see past page 1 of my order history, orders showing up twice on order history and being charged twice untill again i wait on hold for 30 minutes to speak with customer service and am given some reason for this happening, but the problems keep being problems! delivering joy has become a joke!!!!!!!
0 x