Continued Harassment In Auctions

DesertQueen

Continued Harassment In Auctions

Post by DesertQueen » 3 years ago

Now these certain customers that use the edit function to send messages continue to do so while overbidding you at the same time. I've only been a member for about a month but I've seen complaints about the auction that date back awhile. it seems to me that Shop Lc does not take this seriously. In my case, this is not just simple overbidding but targeted threatening harassment. There is liability involved when you do not enforce your own rules. I've spent a large amount of money. Do these people spend more? Do you have enough customers and profits that you just ignore these problems? You tell people that you refer these problems higher up but then clearly nothing is done and no action is taken.
4 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Continued Harassment In Auctions

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

DesertQueen wrote:
3 years ago
Now these certain customers that use the edit function to send messages continue to do so while overbidding you at the same time. I've only been a member for about a month but I've seen complaints about the auction that date back awhile. it seems to me that Shop Lc does not take this seriously. In my case, this is not just simple overbidding but targeted threatening harassment. There is liability involved when you do not enforce your own rules. I've spent a large amount of money. Do these people spend more? Do you have enough customers and profits that you just ignore these problems? You tell people that you refer these problems higher up but then clearly nothing is done and no action is taken.
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your message. At this time, the auctions team did advise me that they were looking into this but if you wouldn't mind please email me at preston.weaver@shoplc.com with screenshots and/or listing links so the team can look into these specific bidders. Thank you again for bringing this our attention, and I hope you have a good day.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

DesertQueen wrote:
3 years ago
No one is targeting you. You can have any name on auctions. Anyone that bids will see the same thing. It's not just you!
7 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 3 years ago

Tried auto max bid for the first time. I am bidding on many items and am still being out bid, so frustrating.
6 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

Hi!
To whom it may concern......
Am curious...
Don't mean to " be nosy"
But, what device are you on
That they can do that?...Say stuff!!

You don't have to answer
If it's too personal!
Just say N O Y B
I'll get it.
3 x

DesertQueen

Post by DesertQueen » 3 years ago

Gemsnob please look an show me where else " You do this to others how does it feel' appears in the auction bidders along with other comments in the edit line. Theses ARE targeted comments and not just quirky names people use.
1 x

Gemsnob

DesertQueen wrote:
3 years ago
Gemsnob please look an show me where else " You do this to others how does it feel' appears in the auction bidders along with other comments in the edit line. Theses ARE targeted comments and not just quirky names people use.
I use the App. There is nowhere for a bidder to message another bidder. "How does it feel" is most likely targeted at the people that overbid. They pay $400 on the auction for something that sold for $99 on website. People are complaining about over bidders but we cannot message each other. It's not tageted at you unless you overbid. I can go change my name to "How does it feel" and when I bid, that's what you see. 😳
6 x

Gemsnob

DesertQueen wrote:
3 years ago
A lot of things happen here that no other retailer would allow. It's just how it is. You have to decide if the bargains are worth the trouble. To some, it is worth it. Unless you are one of the bidders that pay way more on auctions than it's worth, no one is harassing you. Sorry
5 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Wow. 😳. I have never seen anything like what you guys are talking about on the auctions. How on earth would you write sentences on the options. I can’t even figure out Max Bid Or any of that other stuff for that matter, I just push the big button if I want something I win I win if I don’t I don’t
6 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

Right now there is a bidder and their bidding name is " .. ". Two dots. I have seen something to the effect "yes I'm winning" or something like that as a bidder name before.
3 x