SLC please stop doing this!

RS

SLC please stop doing this!

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I ordered a jewelry item 2 days ago. Item has not even shipped and today it is 25% off. I cannot get a price adjustment because you don’t “price match yourselves”. I think that not offering a price adjustment on something that was just ordered it a bad policy. In b&m stores you can bring in your receipt for 30 days after if the price drops!
It really leaves a sour taste in ones mouth when item just ordered goes on sale and you won’t adjust price.
I know what I’ve been told. I just think it’s wrong and it makes me hesitant to buy things until there is a code offered. It’s a matter of principle as well.
It hasn’t even been shipped!
4 x

Gem Lover

Re: SLC please stop doing this!

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

RS if you order from JTV and the item you ordered goes on sale within 30 days of the purchase they give you the sale price, shop lc should do the same. I end up reordering the item on here at he sale price and then I return the other item if it is a big difference in price.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I do that as well. But when it is taking so long to ship I would have all these things coming and have to be going back. It’s just a convoluted mess!
I did do it with my Rhapsody ring because it was an over $400.00 difference!
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
I ordered a jewelry item 2 days ago. Item has not even shipped and today it is 25% off. I cannot get a price adjustment because you don’t “price match yourselves”. I think that not offering a price adjustment on something that was just ordered it a bad policy. In b&m stores you can bring in your receipt for 30 days after if the price drops!
It really leaves a sour taste in ones mouth when item just ordered goes on sale and you won’t adjust price.
I know what I’ve been told. I just think it’s wrong and it makes me hesitant to buy things until there is a code offered. It’s a matter of principle as well.
It hasn’t even been shipped!
If the base cost of the item drops within 30 days, we will be more than happy to refund the difference to you. However if a promo code comes out and that item is eligible for the promo code, we are unable to apply the promo code to a previously placed order. All of our promo codes are only valid on orders placed during the timeframe the code is active.
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I know that. That is what I disagree with. A coupon code is simply a sale.
2 x

Kb

Post by Kb » 4 years ago

I'd reorder the item. If your able to cancel it. Cancel it.
Send it back if not able to cancel it. It's worth saving 25 percent
2 x

MilfordsMrFixIt

Post by MilfordsMrFixIt » 4 years ago

I agree that they should always try to give the LC price! Heck it's in the NAME!!! I'd call and try to get the credit, and if all else fails, order the item at the reduced price and return the higher priced one. That's more work for Shop LC where they could easily adjust the price and avoid that!!! It's just good customer relations also!
••My experience with Customer Service has been good. Recently, price adjustments, and a BIG ticket return went flawlessly.••
♦♦♦Massachusetts LAW requires that if an item is sold at a price lower than a consumer pays within 30 days of the purchase, the consumer shall be credited or refunded the difference...(Of course, it gets fuzzy with interstate commerce, but they are considered to be doing business here by virtue of broadcasting a TV signal originating here♦♦♦
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I did contact CS via Chat and was told they would not refund the difference.
I am currently in Oregon and could call when I get home but probably won’t since I was given an answer through chat.
0 x

JustaShopper

Post by JustaShopper » 4 years ago

Oh I Hate It when that happens !!!!!
1 x