bidding someone up

Hot4TENER

Re: bidding someone up

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Right now MERILEE has a $226 high bid on a Russian diopside ring # 3205367. This same ring is on the website for 149.99 plus 30% off. And Martha , who is almost as bad as MERILEE, bid $225. Something is very fishy!
3 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
I can’t believe that MERILEE is actually paying for everything she wins and most of the time she is way over paying so I can’t believe she’s reselling and making money. I just don’t understand why SHOPLC hasn’t booted her off the auctions. I was quite happy when Jo was taking her up to her max bid and now I’m thrilled that someone else is doing it. And the fact that the mods haven’t come out and said that there are hard rules for bidding and not paying leads me to believe that they are just letting her get away with not paying. I have accidentally bid on items more than once while scrolling down on my phone and once I thought I back spaced the cursor and entered my max bid only to be horrified that I left a “1” so my max was something like $125 instead of $25. So I think ShopLC should have a rule that they allow you maybe 3 unpaid items a month. After that they should freeze you for a month or so. That seems fair to me. But the fact that ShopLC has no exact policy on this leads me to believe that they profit more from the idiots that actually bid over MERILEE so they allow it to continue.
There are rules for the Online Auction, which are available for ALL customers to view. https://www.shoplc.com/help-auction

In particular:

Overbidding Restrictions

We respectfully request that our customers only place bids on items in which they have a genuine interest and intent to purchase. Continuously placing bids on a large number of items and then not purchasing those items once you win the auction is not recommended. Placing excessive bids on items with the intent to hinder the shopping experience on Shop LC's $1 Online Auctions platform, may lead to corrective actions, including restrictions of your buying privileges, suspension of your account and/or legal proceedings.
0 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

wizard wrote:
4 years ago
Hello,
Its 10:25 eastern here, if you look at the past 15-20 min, you will see this bidder J Olivia bidding up merilee then she stops when her last bid is matched by merilee, then she stops, she really doesn't want the item thats why she ALWAYS stops when her bid is matched. This is so unfair, please do something.
Thank-you,
wizard (judith) :(

I have reported her before,she was using a different name. (jo)
Please email customerservice@shoplc.com with the name AND the item number(s) that you believe are suspected over-bidders. Screenshots are also helpful. We will need the item numbers to locate the specific auctions and then track down the account. If it is determined that the bidder is not purchasing the bulk of their auction wins, then action will be taken. However, if a bidder is purchasing the items, no action will be taken against that bidder as it is entirely up to the bidder as to how much they want to spend.
0 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
I can’t believe that MERILEE is actually paying for everything she wins and most of the time she is way over paying so I can’t believe she’s reselling and making money. I just don’t understand why SHOPLC hasn’t booted her off the auctions. I was quite happy when Jo was taking her up to her max bid and now I’m thrilled that someone else is doing it. And the fact that the mods haven’t come out and said that there are hard rules for bidding and not paying leads me to believe that they are just letting her get away with not paying. I have accidentally bid on items more than once while scrolling down on my phone and once I thought I back spaced the cursor and entered my max bid only to be horrified that I left a “1” so my max was something like $125 instead of $25. So I think ShopLC should have a rule that they allow you maybe 3 unpaid items a month. After that they should freeze you for a month or so. That seems fair to me. But the fact that ShopLC has no exact policy on this leads me to believe that they profit more from the idiots that actually bid over MERILEE so they allow it to continue.
There are rules for the Online Auction, which are available for ALL customers to view. https://www.shoplc.com/help-auction

In particular:

Overbidding Restrictions

We respectfully request that our customers only place bids on items in which they have a genuine interest and intent to purchase. Continuously placing bids on a large number of items and then not purchasing those items once you win the auction is not recommended. Placing excessive bids on items with the intent to hinder the shopping experience on Shop LC's $1 Online Auctions platform, may lead to corrective actions, including restrictions of your buying privileges, suspension of your account and/or legal proceedings.
Stephanie, that is EXACTLY what I mean when I say there are no HARD rules. SHOPLC policy is using words like..."we request", "is not recommended", "MAY lead to corrective actions".... are not really rules. And that wording is CERTAINLY not stopping the likes of MERILEE, Molly, Martha and others from their antics. You tell us to send info on ridiculous overbidding and screenshots, but all you have to do is search "welo", "tanzanite" "sleeping beauty" or "diopside" in RA and on most days you will see the same names OVER and OVER again with bidding that is often over the regular SHOPLC price. Not my job to do the research for SHOPLC only to get no response!!!!
2 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Someone (M) not to mention name had these bids yesterday at the same time.119.00, 199.99, 299.00, 129.00, 299.00, and I believe another 299.00 on items. Those were just the ones I saw while I was looking at items. All I can say is "must be nice to have that kinda money."
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

I've not checked out the diamond ring page on RA recently but, there was 1, sometimes 2 bidders that had HUGE bids on every higher ctw ring. I couldn't afford to top those bids so I gave up & just stopped looking.
1 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I got an email from JTV and they are now doing online auctions too.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I got an email from JTV and they are now doing online auctions too.
👀👀👀👀
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I was just going to ask if anyone knew of any other sites with auctions like SLC.

Hmmmmm...I wonder if M will be one of the first bidders over there?
0 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Oh! You said they're already doing them there!
0 x