Low Price Guarantee & Smack down Promox

Zannie217

Low Price Guarantee & Smack down Promox

Post by Zannie217 » 3 years ago

I have been a steady customer of Shop LC for about 4 years. I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of mostly jewelry.
This August I purchased item #3571863 The Chap sort 950 Platinum AAAA Tanzanite, Diamond (E-F,VS2) Ring (size 10) (5.60 g) 3.00ctw. I purchased it during one of the Hands nite Smack down Promotions for $2,699.99 . I've always felt very confident that I was getting the best price during the "Smack down" promotions along with your " low price guarantee". U til a couple of days ago... I was on your website when I decided to look up the ring I had just bought. I was shocked to see it listed for $1,987.99. I called customer service and was promptly told that you don't match your own prices.. your guarantee says that ShopLC will give you the difference between a competitor's price + 20%. I think I can speak for most people that we would expect you to at least match your own price. The rep that tells me this says he will transfer me to someone else, that maybe they can help me. The new person I get transferred to tells me that ShopLC does match their own prices! Just as long as its within 30 days. Just the amount of time you have to return the item you've purchased. My problem is that I don't think I'd be too upset if the price were $200/$300 lower but not $700. That is a lot of money for me. I'm really disappointed ... Here I'd thought that I could trust that I was getting the best price during your Smackdown promotions, especially because the salespeople really make you feel that way; and you know, there is that "Low Price Guarantee". But as is with any other company out there, they hide behind the small print. I'm sure losing my business won't bother you. I'm sad because I thought I was buying from a decent an honest company.
10 x

RS

Re: Low Price Guarantee & Smack down Promox

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Zannie217 wrote:
3 years ago
I have been a steady customer of Shop LC for about 4 years. I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of mostly jewelry.
This August I purchased item #3571863 The Chap sort 950 Platinum AAAA Tanzanite, Diamond (E-F,VS2) Ring (size 10) (5.60 g) 3.00ctw. I purchased it during one of the Hands nite Smack down Promotions for $2,699.99 . I've always felt very confident that I was getting the best price during the "Smack down" promotions along with your " low price guarantee". U til a couple of days ago... I was on your website when I decided to look up the ring I had just bought. I was shocked to see it listed for $1,987.99. I called customer service and was promptly told that you don't match your own prices.. your guarantee says that ShopLC will give you the difference between a competitor's price + 20%. I think I can speak for most people that we would expect you to at least match your own price. The rep that tells me this says he will transfer me to someone else, that maybe they can help me. The new person I get transferred to tells me that ShopLC does match their own prices! Just as long as its within 30 days. Just the amount of time you have to return the item you've purchased. My problem is that I don't think I'd be too upset if the price were $200/$300 lower but not $700. That is a lot of money for me. I'm really disappointed ... Here I'd thought that I could trust that I was getting the best price during your Smackdown promotions, especially because the salespeople really make you feel that way; and you know, there is that "Low Price Guarantee". But as is with any other company out there, they hide behind the small print. I'm sure losing my business won't bother you. I'm sad because I thought I was buying from a decent an honest company.
I have purchased and been given (from hubby) many Rhapsody, Iliana and other higher end pieces. Some of them lowered with a coupon code within the 30 day period (back when they HAD coupons) and some of them lowered later.
The items that have been in inventory longer usually do lower in price because SLC wants to move them out and make room for new items.
While it kinda peeves me a bit to see a several thousand dollar piece that I have lower in price after the 30 day period, knowing I can no longer get a price adjustment, I DO understand it. SLC has to have a cut off point.
And if a CS rep tells you that SLC does not match their own price....THEY DO!
Don’t ever accept that answer.
Lowest price guarantee (30 day period) is listed right on their website.
But I agree...$700.00 is a good chuck of change.
6 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

Someplace in Tennessee priced adjusted immediately the difference for two items which went down two days after I received my items.Absolutely no hesitation to price adjust their own prices.
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

CC wrote:
3 years ago
Someplace in Tennessee priced adjusted immediately the difference for two items which went down two days after I received my items.Absolutely no hesitation to price adjust their own prices.
Niceeeeeee. I shop “someplace” from time to time.
6 x

Zannie217

Post by Zannie217 » 3 years ago

I shop that other place too. It will be the only place from now on. Just saying, I thought they would adjust the price as most companies will match their own price if the list a lower price within 90 days. I feel really stupid now for thinking that SLC would give me an adjustment if for nothing more to actually practice the spirit of their promos and price guarantees suggest. I feel ripped off. I definitely won't recommend them to anyone else again. I'd feel horrible if this happens to one of my friends or family that I've raved about SLC to.
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

Hi @Zannie217
Customer service are unfortunately worthless.
Complain to the moderators. They have the power to help you.
They have helped me in a few matters quickly.

Good luck !!
Vicky
2 x