DELIVERING A SMELL!!! MODS!!!!

DesertQueen

DELIVERING A SMELL!!! MODS!!!!

Post by DesertQueen » 3 years ago

I just received my Pink Faux Fur Long Sleeve Winter Coat Item # 3488468. The smell that wafted out of the package nearly knocked me over and frankly made me nauseous. How could anyone send something that repulsive to a customer?? Do you have no quality control in your warehouse? I purchased it in the RA so returning it would cost more than its worth and to be perfectly frank I don't care to have to touch or smell that biohazard again. THE ONLY PLACE I'LL BE DELIVERING IT TO IS THE GARBAGE WHERE IT BELONGS!!!! :evil: :evil: Yet more money lost on sub standard items, broken items, missing items etcetera, etcetera.....
8 x

Gem Lover

Re: DELIVERING A SMELL!!! MODS!!!!

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@DesertQueen I was going to bid on that same jacket but then read the reviews and someone complained of the same issue and was returning it due to the smell of it so I passed on it, I did not want to chance it because of no returns in RA, but maybe they will refund your money considering bad odor could be considered defective.
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@DesertQueen

I bought a half dozen coats on the RA to give to our homeless shelter. The only one I was displeased with was the gray version of yours. The first problem was that the left lapel would not lay flat. I tacked it down with in one tiny spot with clear thread. Then the smell. Wowser! I thoroughly wet it down with Fabreeze and put in the dryer with a couple of dryer sheets on the off chance it would work. By George! A Christmas miracle! Thank God, because I was worried that all that would happen was my dryer would stink.
8 x

DesertQueen

We have some seniors that need help, especially this time of year. I pick one person each year that needs help and try to brighten the holidays a little for them. I would feel bad giving this to her because I'm afraid of what is causing that smell. Is it some toxic chemical? I could never live with myself if it caused her harm such as breathing or skin problems.
9 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

DQ:....can you get to a dry cleaners?? If not maybe call one and describe the smell they may be able to help diagnose the problem. Good luck. You’re so kind 😊
5 x

JewelryQueen

I just assumed since the smell went away, whatever was causing the smell went away. (It was a very acrid smell). Again I guessed that it was something in the dye. I may be wrong!! Very wrong on both counts!! Sure hope I didn't cause breathing or skin issues!! On the other hand--freeze to death---get a rash--freeze to death--get a cough. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, and I have not doomed one of our homeless! I will ask the director of the shelter if she can check with the recipient. I'll let you all know when I find out what happens.
7 x

DesertQueen

@Harlequin

Thanks H, I don't feel kind but I do feel like a failure. First, I had these pretty peridot earrings and a nice knitted shawl that I won in the RA for a great price that I knew she would love and that is the order that wouldn't process and then disappeared. Then I get her coat and yikes!!! I know things aren't important. She will have a gift card for groceries and she won't have to worry about her utilities but everyone deserves something frivolous. I just wanted to give her something else, that wasn't a necessity to survive, that I could afford to give her and dare I say would BRING HER JOY.
7 x

DesertQueen

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
I just assumed since the smell went away, whatever was causing the smell went away. (It was a very acrid smell). Again I guessed that it was something in the dye. I may be wrong!! Very wrong on both counts!! Sure hope I didn't cause breathing or skin issues!! On the other hand--freeze to death---get a rash--freeze to death--get a cough. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, and I have not doomed one of our homeless! I will ask the director of the shelter if she can check with the recipient. I'll let you all know when I find out what happens.
OMG! I didn't mean to upset you. It was just my own concern. The idea probably never even enter your mind when you took the time to try to fix the problem before you donated the coat. Its just this person already has health issues and I certainly don't want to add to her problems.
7 x

JewelryQueen

@DesertQueen

Oh no!! I am glad you brought this up. It was unthinking of me to assume all is well when it may not be. These folks have enough troubles without more being added. I need to follow up and replace if need be. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Thank you!
6 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

DesertQueen wrote:
3 years ago
I just received my Pink Faux Fur Long Sleeve Winter Coat Item # 3488468. The smell that wafted out of the package nearly knocked me over and frankly made me nauseous. How could anyone send something that repulsive to a customer?? Do you have no quality control in your warehouse? I purchased it in the RA so returning it would cost more than its worth and to be perfectly frank I don't care to have to touch or smell that biohazard again. THE ONLY PLACE I'LL BE DELIVERING IT TO IS THE GARBAGE WHERE IT BELONGS!!!! :evil: :evil: Yet more money lost on sub standard items, broken items, missing items etcetera, etcetera.....
Good morning,

I deeply apologize that this has happened to you. I have gone ahead and reported this issue to both our QC team and our fashion team so they can look into why this is happening. Please reach out to us at customerservice@shoplc.com with your order information so we can go ahead and make sure to make this right by you.
5 x