Rising Auction changes

Kath

Re: Rising Auction changes

Post by Kath » 3 years ago

Do not like auto pay. There are times when one who has arthritis or poor vision may on a RARE occasion push the wrong button. I have shopped for years. And have spent a lot of money. I appreciated the free shipping on purchase of $50.00 or more. There has to be a way to track those who bid outrageous amounts frequently and do not purchase the items. I see many people bidding huge amounts on single item, usually same few names. Either they are rich or not buying the items.

I am also very concerned about when I do bid on something a little more pricey (been looking at ruby rings) I will bid and when I go back to keep track my bid is gone and someone is winning with a tiny bid of say 5 bucks or it says no bidders and I have to start over. What is going on with that? Either system is hacked or employees are manipulating for own gain. This has been going on for a good year now.

I quit shopping the auction site for a while last year and got calls and emails from customer service asking me why. I told them about some problems and tried shopping again this year. I have written about the disappearing bids but they have not replied to it. It is not my imagination as I have logged when bid should end and my max bid... I am currently run a business and formerly worked in Loss Prevention for 22 years in a major company. So far I have not gotten any reply to my allegations.
8 x

cl

Post by cl » 3 years ago

I had my first encounter with the new auction systems tonight. I was checking out with 31 items costing just under $200. When I went to select value bundle shipping, it was gone, and the automated system had added $92+ in shipping costs. I also noticed that the free shipping for purchases over $50 was also gone. I received my first communication from LC (an email from Mr. Agarwal) today but hadn't had an opportunity to check my email yet. After a protracted conversation with the LC rep I have concluded that, for me, it will be a lot simpler (and cheaper!) for me to stay off the auction site altogether. I am supposedly getting my $92+ refunded, but no commitment as to when that will happen.
13 x

Ruby

Post by Ruby » 3 years ago

I can't believe all the money I have saved since you changed the auction rules again. I was spending over $500 a month because of the free shipping and occasionally beating the computer generated bidding to get some good deals. Now, because of the changes I don't have time to check the auction before most items expire and refuse to pay such high shipping prices. Thank you Shop LC for helping me save a LOT of money!!
12 x

Eve
Answers: 1

Post by Eve » 3 years ago

There was already very litle joy deliverd before lol
Now the last of the joy is gone toooo
Ine used to be at least excited that they got such good deals and could on the goodies lol ( often getting dissapointed when it arrived ) 🥴😳
But nevertheless excited to order it. Now I have seven items in my cart and it wants me to pay $21 in shipping what a joke .....that will be good money making for them!!

me too will be saving alot of money not buying anything LOL
Thanks Shop lc
Delivering the joy of saving money😂
10 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

Like I've written before they should do it like eBay and other sites. You win an item you pay for your item. You don't pay after just say three times, you get booted from the site permanently. But also like eBay, you should be able to retract your bid before the time is up on an item. When they used to have the free shipping over $50 I would purposely go up to $50 to buy. Even if I wasn't totally 100% into a couple of the items. I would put them off to the side in my jewelry container for gifts for other people. 😊💗 I miss when it used to be run by the old company and you'd have free shipping days, $.99 or $1.99 shipping. Also they should take off auto bidding. So when you're on the site that's when you bid for the item. But that's my own personal opinion. 😁 Cuz back in the day, early in the morning I used to win a lot of items that way. 😁 Anyways hopefully the people that decided to go with auto pay are having great success on the ra winning some awesome items. But only to the nice people and the ones that didn't ruin the ra for the rest of us. 😁😆💗 Anyways, everybody have a great day!!! 😁💗
5 x

fallnstar

Post by fallnstar » 3 years ago

Hello, Speaking of auction & no on AutoPay.
But, does anyone else cell/ computer freeze
while on Auction ? Auction freeze, al the time.

Have a good day 🌷
7 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

I think regular shoppers like most don't order 20 items a day. Nothing against dealers that's how they make there money. I think they need a separate web for dealers.and give them a special on shipping. I now why the same people bid on the same items over and over. 🍀I think they changed the shipping because of how many items ordered at once. I may be wrong.
2 x

Maudie

Post by Maudie » 3 years ago

I’m OK with auto pay. First, I don’t like paying $2.99 for shipping for every item. Second, I don’t like having to buy $50 worth of merchandise to get free shipping.
I do miss the specials, ie 99 cents shipping or % off on select items, etc.
I did accidentally bid and win on a $94 necklace. That was news to me and a obvious tap in the wrong place. I called customer service and explained it and assured them it was not buyers remorse. The representative deactivated my auto pay. He told me to wait until the required time elapsed on the item and then I could activate it again. I was satisfied with the outcome and now I am a little bit more wiser about the option.
9 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

HELP I HAVE A QUESTION ! I know a lot of our forum friends are savvy with the rising auctions. Can anyone tell me when they offer smaller sizes for rings? I’ve got my heart set on 2 rings I’ve been following closely for 3 days. All the sizes are TOO BIG & I can’t pay for resizing them. Please tell me if I’m wasting my time!!! This is getting to be nerve wracking & my only choice is to buy them full price in my size & pay shipping. I’ve just paid real estate taxes & car insurance. Can I get a break ? Thanks. 😯😯😯
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Amy wrote:
3 years ago
HELP I HAVE A QUESTION ! I know a lot of our forum friends are savvy with the rising auctions. Can anyone tell me when they offer smaller sizes for rings? I’ve got my heart set on 2 rings I’ve been following closely for 3 days. All the sizes are TOO BIG & I can’t pay for resizing them. Please tell me if I’m wasting my time!!! This is getting to be nerve wracking & my only choice is to buy them full price in my size & pay shipping. I’ve just paid real estate taxes & car insurance. Can I get a break ? Thanks. 😯😯😯
@Amy

Hi, have you tried using the filter feature to only show rings in the gems and sizes you are looking for. Then you will see all available and when auctions are ending.

Hope this idea helps - Gypsy
5 x