Posting of gage sizes on gold chains!

Pgosa

Posting of gage sizes on gold chains!

Post by Pgosa » 3 years ago

Could SLC PLEASE POST GAGE SIZES ON ALL GOLD CHAINS! It’s good to see the gram weight but I think many women prefer seeing the gage size. I will not purchase another gold piece without this information.
7 x

bluez

Re: Posting of gage sizes on gold chains!

Post by bluez » 3 years ago

Goes for silver too!
Seems recently all the chains are very small gage/weight. I like a thick, heavy chain. Will not purchase any of the current offerings, but was told the skyrocketing prices will not make larger sizes attractive.
Hope SLC can come thru with some good deals!
bluez
6 x

Intrepid

Re: Posting of gage sizes on gold chains!

Post by Intrepid » 2 years ago

To both people on this thread,
Gauges would be nice, as well as maybe a thickness in mm for those who can’t interpret gauge sizes. HOWEVER, both sizings can be misleading, as both gold and silver in larger diameters are often hollow. This occurs in earrings, pendants, and some rings as well as chains. The $6.99 and $9.99 Friday chains should probably hardly ever have a pendant mounted.
I buy heavier chains, (12-25 grams) in 18” and 20”) specifically for hanging 10-15 gram pendants. But, my limiting factor is whether or not the chain closure will fit through the pendant bail.
Any chain in an 18”-20” range that weighs a minimum of 10-12 grams, will be substantial enough for a pendant. Sterling and 10K-14K gold are quite strong, but thin and skinny can be scary.
I don’t know if you’re talking auctions or the website store, but if you do a search on the store for a gold or silver chain, then click on one of the items, then if you go down to the bottom of the page, you will find a number of other chains that won’t show in the store search. Why?? I wonder. There are some nice chains there, and can be had in some cases for less than the “wild and crazy” people are overbidding on the auctions.
Good hunting!!
4 x