Re: Update on bidding limits and Swarovski madness

ElleTee

Post by ElleTee » 2 years ago

To the Moderator:

I wish to address this message to the moderator and I would very much appreciate a response.
I have been doing a study of the Swarovski items being sold on the website and I must say that the prices are very reasonable. Having said that, I also closely watch the auctions taking place and I must say that it appears something "fishy" is going on.

I know that this topic has been addressed multiple times, but can we get an explanation once and for all?

I could give you many examples, but I will limit it to one. Earlier this evening a bidder named Ru Skeered placed a winning bid on a Swarovski ring, item no. 3792152 in the amount of $279.00. This same bidder placed extremely high bids on all of the Swarovski stuff, including rings in all different sizes. This indicates the bidder is buying to resell, most likely.

Why would anybody pay $279.00 for an item that would sell on the website for no more than $49 to $69. It doesn't make sense. This bidder could simply go the website and gobble up everything for FAR less money. I do not see how it is possible that the bidder is unaware that the same items are sold on the website for very reasonable prices. This is why I think that there appears to be something underhanded going on here.

As stated, I only provided one example. There are MANY other bidders who do the same exact thing. All of us here on the forum know the names very well, and we are aware that the bidders frequently change their names on the site. I believe SLC allows us to change our names once a month.

Can we get some kind of explanation from the SLC management? Why is it that SO MANY people would be willing to over pay ? I cannot believe that there are so many "foolish" or "naive" people. There must be another reason why this is being done so frequently.
Hope to hear from you. Thank you and Best Regards.
7 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

Jewelry Queen will probably kill me for this. Where do people get the idea that resellers will pay more on the auctions that anyone else? That is not how it works. Resellers have to get items at a very good price to be able to resell them. For example to my understanding sister bids no more than 60% of the regular price for items. This is so that as a reseller her price which includes a modest markup will still beat the price SLC charges on their retail side. What customer in their right mind would pay any reseller say twice what SLC or any other shopping network sells an item for? If you can find them direct them JQ's way please!
9 x

ElleTee

Post by ElleTee » 2 years ago

Sissy2 wrote:
2 years ago
Jewelry Queen will probably kill me for this. Where do people get the idea that resellers will pay more on the auctions that anyone else? That is not how it works. Resellers have to get items at a very good price to be able to resell them. For example to my understanding sister bids no more than 60% of the regular price for items. This is so that as a reseller her price which includes a modest markup will still beat the price SLC charges on their retail side. What customer in their right mind would pay any reseller say twice what SLC or any other shopping network sells an item for? If you can find them direct them JQ's way please!
Who is "Jewelry Queen" ? Me ??
I am in agreement with all the points you make above. Anyone who intends to resell has to buy the item at the best price possible so that they can in turn mark it up to make a profit. So I am questioning why are these people paying astronomical prices??
I'm saying that it appears very "fishy" and I'm asking SLC to get to the bottom of it.

Not quite sure why you refer to me as "Jewelry Queen" in such a snarky way. I ask a simple question to the moderator and receive your response. Maybe this is not the right place for me. Thanks for spoiling my evening.
0 x

honey

Post by honey » 2 years ago

@ElleTee
there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a Jewelry Queen,
everybody can be one, afterall, this is a jewlery and gem website
and forum.
as you are new here, you are not familiar with THEE Jewelry Queen.....
whose current status is 'banned'.

JQ is friendly, smart and very insightful, with an equally remarkable
sister, Sissy2.

"no snark intended ElleTee." you can bet on that.

~ honey
9 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Elle tee:......sorry about your name but phone doesn’t like to spell right sometimes. We all have what I call.... Nik names. JQ.... Jewelry Queen is hers. I think it was all a misunderstanding. She is a lovely lady, knows her stuff. Sissy2 is her sister a lovely lady as well. Have a great day......H😊
10 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

Hi Elle Tee and all: I tried to place a reasonable & fair max bid & screen popped up that said “your max bid for this item is TOO HIGH. Please rebid. Anyone have an explanation for that one? Probably saved for an employee. So unfair. 😡😡😡😡😡
8 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Hi Amy.... I have had that happen to me before. A moderator came on the forum to explain why. Maybe they will come back on and explain. But I’m sure some one here knows. I just can’t explain it correctly. Sorry. H😊
7 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

ElleTee. I am so very sorry for any confusion. Jewelry Queen was my sister's name here on the forum. Like AD or Boston Irish or Sissy2 etc. I forget that there are new people here who are not familiar with her. I was positively not trying to insult you in any way. Pax?
9 x

GElliot

Post by GElliot » 2 years ago

Why would someone post here and then get mad when forum members comment? Don't want people chiming in? That's what email is for. 🤦
9 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 2 years ago

IT SURE NEVER TELLS ROSA HER BIDS ARE TOOOOOOOOO HIGH 300 ON EVERYTHING REALLY MODERATERS YOU STILL DON'T CHECK INTO THIS WOZZER!!!!!!!
6 x