What is the coin base posts that are on the forum??

buyitall

What is the coin base posts that are on the forum??

Post by buyitall » 2 years ago

What is going on with the coin base phone number posts on this forum?? Not only that, they are posted many times! Don’t think they are supposed to be on here…????? Can something be done?? Just thought I would call this to your attention…..just something about it doesn’t seem right.
6 x

Summer71

Re: What is the coin base posts that are on the forum??

Post by Summer71 » 2 years ago

I am wondering the same.
5 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 2 years ago

It's spam. Ignore it completely. @Moderator_Danielle or any moderator will delete them.
5 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Don’t understand why people do this?????🧐🤨
4 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 2 years ago

AD wrote:
2 years ago
Don’t understand why people do this?????🧐🤨
People/companies do it to increase search engine visibility and when they include links (and people click on them (never ever click on the links) it generates more traffic to their websites which improves being indexed and seen on google or other search engines which may increase their business. But it can be more sinister than that. Most spam has links to external websites that contain viruses or contains code to track you or find your identity.

If you click on a link inside spam, then you "purchase" something through the link - it gives the spammer a commission and all your information that could lead to stealing your identity and more. It's bad.

Other sinister reasons is to mess up the website it puts their spam on to add malicious software and bots to the website, ie ShopLC.

Every company has software detection and a firewall in place to avoid spam but it gets through sometime. When you see it, avoid it and never click on any links. To recognize spam, like the one on the forum now - most of the time - it's bizarre text with symbols or numbers or phone numbers. If you see this - don't click on it to read it and just avoid it. Report the spam here on the forum to moderators. I did last night for three - and I hope they will see the rest. If you see this type of email, report it as spam and never open the email.

There's probably a lot more reasons for spam but that's my best ability to explain it.
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

I reported it last night as spam and they are gone today.
4 x