Question for the moderator......

2Blonde

Question for the moderator......

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

A couple months ago, suddenly the broadcast on my TV changed from HDTV to SDTV. This changed the aspect ratio on my TV so that the picture is now more square, rather than rectangular like all the other shows I watch. Because of this change, I have to keep changing the aspect ratio on my set whenever I flip from another channel to SLC, or else I can't see the item number at the top, and the other info at the bottom. If this is how the broadcasting is going to be now, maybe at least you could move the item numbers lower on the screen so I can see them without making an adjustment on my TV? I'm in NE Ohio and receive my broadcast through AT&T U-Verse, channel 399.
0 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Re: Question for the moderator......

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
A couple months ago, suddenly the broadcast on my TV changed from HDTV to SDTV. This changed the aspect ratio on my TV so that the picture is now more square, rather than rectangular like all the other shows I watch. Because of this change, I have to keep changing the aspect ratio on my set whenever I flip from another channel to SLC, or else I can't see the item number at the top, and the other info at the bottom. If this is how the broadcasting is going to be now, maybe at least you could move the item numbers lower on the screen so I can see them without making an adjustment on my TV? I'm in NE Ohio and receive my broadcast through AT&T U-Verse, channel 399.
Thank you for your feedback. Actually, we did the reverse, we started broadcasting in HD, widening the screen. You may want to check with your provider, however we will also pass on your feedback to our team as well.
1 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

Thanks for your reply, Stephanie. That is interesting, especially since all the other stations come in differently (full screen) than yours. I'm guessing it's something with my provider.
0 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks for your reply, Stephanie. That is interesting, especially since all the other stations come in differently (full screen) than yours. I'm guessing it's something with my provider.
I heard back from our engineer team, and I do apologize, channel 399 is still an SD channel, it's our 1399 channel on AT&T that is in HD. They advised me that most set-top boxes will auto stretch an SD feed to 16x9 if you tell it to in the settings. If you're doing so manually with your TV, you may need to revisit the set-top box settings as it may have done an update or something to change the settings.
1 x