Gulfwaterlady

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 1 year ago

I have been reading posts for several months but have no idea how to reply. What am I supposed to do?
0 x

Gulfwaterlady

Re: New member

Post by Gulfwaterlady » 1 year ago

I just figured out how to reply! So I am replying to my own topic! I began watching Shop LC in about 2017. I learned about the a meal donated for each purchase. At that time it was about 5,000,000. I have always loved jewelry. As a working adult, I became fascinated by all the different kinds of gemstones. I bought jewelry from the two major shopping channels, one in FL and one in PA. My cable channel picked up JTV in the '90's. They sold loose mixed gemstone parcels. At first that's what I purchased. I soon began buying individual stones. I remember listening intently to Scott, Tommy, Dawn and Mandy. Scott always impressed me. He was a geologist and I decided that's what I wanted to study. I soon learned that there was no school that offered these classes anywhere near me. I was also about 35, married and working a full time job. But that didn't stop my desire to purchase loose gemstones. During the next five years, I acquired about 200 gemstones. I learned all the categories and organized all of them in individual gem jars. With the exception of three acquired at a gemstone show, I got all of them from JTV. Toward the end of my collecting, I remember Cheryl selling large boxes full of gem jars containing tanzanite. Also, a woman named Sherry joined the group and was taking gemology classes. After all these years I would love to sell my collection but in my small town I have no idea who would ever buy them.
I have read all the posts from the past year. I became interested when I realized you all had the same feelings that I had experienced with Shop LC. I read the topic about Blake leaving. He was on air with Loretta. He mentioned someone in charge had let him put something special in the show because it was his last day. Loretta didn't say anything. It was the day before Thanksgiving so I thought maybe he meant the last day before the holiday.
I wanted to respond to the topic on Blake because he is so pleasant to everyone and I have written in asking him to share his knowledge as a gemologist with the listening audience. But I learned most of his work was always with diamonds. I am so sorry he is leaving. I should put more on Blake under the correct topic. This made my come on the forum. I wanted to know if he was given any type of a farewell.
I realized that most of the people I mentioned from JTV are still hosts. I don't watch much anymore but heard Robert mentioning he was studying to become a gemologist. JTV must create a great working environment for it's employees to keep them for so many years and encourage them to further their education. I believe Shop LC offers very little incentive to it's show hosts which is why they hire who we see and we react to them like we do. Also, that's why there is a revolving door going around on a constant basis.
I have come to the realization that Shop LC has begun to direct it's attention to the lower income audience on under $10 and under $20 days. The expensive gemstone jewelry and gold jewelry, python handbags, etc. is directed to a higher income audience which they are trying to attract. But, there is virtually nothing for the middle income audience. I heard a male host say that Shop LC has become a 'gold destination'. That's when I realized what I do not like is going to continue. I appreciate those of you who are suggesting 'we' turn to another 'destination' channel. I am going to do just that. I will tune in on under $10 or $20 days to buy gifts for my mail carrier, handyman, grass cutters, hairdresser, etc. I don't want to be disappointed, stressed or angry over this issue anymore.
Thanks for expressing all your feelings!
6 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

Welcome but you have not seen it all.😊
3 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 1 year ago

Welcome Gulfwaterlady and I wanted to say that I found your post very interesting. I started watching JTV in 2014 but didn’t buy much until 2016 when I finally got my kids through college and could afford to purchase gemstones and jewelry. You’re correct about them keeping hosts for years and thought I would let you know that Sherry had to retire after a bad atv accident. Otherwise everyone else is still there. I came to ShopLC several years ago and have enjoyed watching but it’s definitely different. I too will miss Blake and hope they will have Chris begin doing shows in the daytime as he’s a good host.
1 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

Does anyone know what ever happened to Rebecca Moore from JTV? I can't find anything on her. She was on late night, and a really big Russian Chrome Diopside fan and encouraged people to buy "before the mine closed." I did, and was glad I listened to her. She had a terrible cough and I was wondering if something bad happened to her.
JTV has a great variety of shows on their channel. From Jewel School to Gem Discoveries, professional gemologists etc. Hosts always so pleasant, professional and well dressed. No cleavage hanging out and no ragged hair, or hair sticking out that can "poke your eye out." As with all these shopping channels you have to find the right price for whatever you are shopping for. JTV Moissanite is very expensive and really Shop LC has a better price. For quite some time now, JTV has more variety than Shop LC. I guess you could say, more interesting. And they don't stay on one item forever like Shop LC does.
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

That’s what I like as well colljoe they don’t stay very long on a item, they move along quickly and keep it interesting! Defiantly much more variety, and they only sell jewelry or gemstones. No caftans, handbags, beauty items or other household stuff!
3 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 1 year ago

Hey Colljoe I’m not sure what happened to Rebecca as she was on in the middle of the night along with Nicky who moved to ShopLC. She’s who got me interested with this channel as I liked her and hated it when she left. Rebecca was sweet but you’re right about her cough. I really like the new gemstone shows they’ve started having several times a week as you only need a certain amount of jewelry but I really enjoy learning from them!
2 x