Cancelled Order

slo45

Cancelled Order

Post by slo45 » 2 months ago

I ordered a ring a couple of weeks ago and haven't received it yet. Checked on the order status and it says something about waiting on carrier.... Started a chat session and inquired about the order. Rep that answered the chat said the order was "stuck" and it had to be cancelled, usually because it was sold out. Well, it wasn't sold out when you took my money. I looked on the website and you are still showing the ring for sale, at double the price I paid for it. Before I could get back to the chat, the rep had cancelled the ring and signed out. Can somebody please look into this for me? Not sure I'm going to buy any more jewelry from SLC
3 x

RubyTuesday

Re: Cancelled Order

Post by RubyTuesday » 2 months ago

I can't speak for SLC, but I have had some good bargain orders that seemed to be stuck in purgatory and tracking showed they had never been exited SLC, and other issues. Based on my experiences, I try to get to customer service (online chat) asap and see what they can find out. As long as the item is still showing up as available, they should be able to match your original order and get it moving again. I say "should," but I don't know the details.

Anyway, I have some basic rules: get the name of the CS Rep plus date/time; and get thorough notes. If you do the online chat, it will ask you at the end if you want a transcript. ALWAYS say yes. And just in case that doesn't work, I tend to highlight the entire conversation and copy it into a plain word or text document. Then, you can read back verbatim what the first representative did. And don't be shy about asking to have the problem moved up to a supervisor if necessary. The sooner you follow up, the better. Good luck!
Last edited by RubyTuesday 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

slo45

I got on the Shop LC website and looked to see if the ring was still showing in stock, and it was. It was also showing in stock in the $1 Auction part of the website. I called Customer Service, explained what happened, told her I added it to my cart but it was almost $400 more than when I ordered it. She told me it had been cancelled by the warehouse - it might have been damaged. She placed the order for me and gave me the discount I got when I first placed the order. :) I am so glad I called - she was so helpful, extremely polite, and very patient with me while I was explaining my situation... As it stands this minute, my issue with the cancelled order has been RESOLVED... Thank you Shop LC.
3 x

slo45

RubyTuesday, Thank you for the advice. I always write down who I talk to and take notes just because my memory sucks. I just got off of the phone with Customer Service and she ordered the ring for me and gave me the same discount I received the first time. We shall see if I get this one - fingers crossed.
2 x

RubyTuesday

Post by RubyTuesday » 2 months ago

✨ Great news!
2 x

Spinoza

Post by Spinoza » 2 months ago

Glad your problem has been resolved! 👍 I had a similar issue recently and I THINK it has been resolved. Waiting for my order to be delivered in the next few days. I HOPE! 🤞🤞🤞😁✌️
0 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 2 months ago

I noticed that canceled orders can be for auction items that normally are “luxury “ and are won at a very low price compared to their website price. I also noticed that since about 3 months there seems to be a watching control “eye” on RA to push up the prices for certain more valuable items.Those gold, diamonds, etc. items are won way over their website price and of course, nobody pays, so they keep reappearing until they probably reach the desired shoplc price.
Also, the Edison pearls won an auction ,for example, have many dips and blemishes, therefore, as someone mentioned, these are returns or …worse and “sales are final”…
4 x