Different ShopLC

RS

Re: Different ShopLC

Post by RS » 4 years ago

If the powers that be listened...truly listened and heard us...

If the powers that be cared, cared about the displeasure of the customers, cared about their own company...

IF....

Things would have changed by now. I have read many many many comments and complaints online and this has been happening for at least two years.

The broke it fast, they could fix it fast.

They won’t.
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago

If the powers that be cared, cared about the displeasure of the customers, cared about their own company...

IF....

Things would have changed by now. I have read many many many comments and complaints online and this has been happening for at least two years.

They won’t.
Thats what Ive been thinking. They dont care because certain hosts just give you a middle finger on air, so to speak, when they know you complain and say they are going to do it anyway. They are going full steam ahead and dont care what we say , do or think. Probably just waiting for us to go away once and for all.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

IF....

They won’t.
Thats what Ive been thinking. They dont care because certain hosts just give you a middle finger on air, so to speak, when they know you complain and say they are going to do it anyway. They are going full steam ahead and dont care what we say , do or think. Probably just waiting for us to go away once and for all.
Customers are expendable. Always others to take our place.
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

IF....

They won’t.
Customers are expendable. Always others to take our place.
Didnt used to be that way until the age of the internet. Also, we are doing business with foreigners. Who really knows what customs are like there? Maybe they think "who cares whatAmericans think.They have money. They'll get over it."
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

New "customers" have posted on here saying things like they really thought they had turned the channel to a parody skit, like SNL.

The new customers will never remain long term. This place isn't going to last if it continues as it is right now.

Even if they decide to go high end only. People who can pay for expensive jewelry aren't going to put up with the nutty way they act here.

It would make them question the quality of SLCs so-called "high end" pieces, if the hosts and staff continued to yell, scream, pound on the table, and use...of all things...a WHEEL?!?!

They'd be laughed off the network. Also, there's the fake price change act. It's insulting. And nobody likes how they dragggggg their presentations out.

Their actions reflect their products. High end jewelry from people who behave so immaturely? So strangely? Who have so many orders and shipment problems?

People who can afford high end, will go to their own jewelers. They'll see SLCs "Road Gravel Diamonds", and be demanding refunds in droves.

The majority of us put up with the wheel, and a few acts here and there because they delivered unique, beautiful, quality pieces at an affordable price, and shipping and customer service was reliable.

I honestly don't think the new management "gets it." It's like doing the old street vendor thing:

"Buy my beautiful Persian Rugs? I have many beautiful pearls? I have many beautiful fabrics? You like gemstones? Yes? I have gemstones for sale. Many fine gemstones for beautiful woman such as youuuuuu."

That only works on tourists vacationing at "exotic" places! And it certainly doesn't work on the same person(s) every single day, nor does it work 24/7! And it isn't going to work on people "sitting on their couches watching TV".

It's not going to cause a whole huge group of wealthy people to start a big buzz about this "new" TV CHANNEL that HAWKS "beautiful, high end jewelry."

Because that's how SLC acts. Like they're hawking on a street, or at a carnival or fair!

People who are serious about getting very high end jewelry want the salespeople to act professional. That "crowd" isn't at home watching TV to get their jewelry.

I don't mean this to sound offensive to anyone, but come ON! We shopped here for convenience, unique, beautiful and quality jewelry, at prices that we wouldn't have to mortgage the house for.

Well, those items are gone, the "convenience" has turned to stress, so their main customer base is leaving.

So, what other customer base is left? Those who buy gold tone and silver tone, stainless steel, sterling silver, a few real gemstones once in awhile, and cubic zirconias. And again, no offense is intended here because I am one who buys stainless steel and cubic zirconias.

Except all of the above can be found cheaper at other huge stores. With no added shipping and handling, no tax on the S/H, no "re-pick" orders, no "take your money when the item is out of stock", and all the rest that's become a big problem.

They have one chance. The same customer base they had before.

But in order to keep those customers, SLC needs to un-do every change it has made since the new "management" took over.
9 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Totally applies here.

Also, Kevin left and the kids took advantage of dad leaving.
2 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
New "customers" have posted on here saying things like they really thought they had turned the channel to a parody skit, like SNL.

The new customers will never remain long term. This place isn't going to last if it continues as it is right now.

Even if they decide to go high end only. People who can pay for expensive jewelry aren't going to put up with the nutty way they act here.

It would make them question the quality of SLCs so-called "high end" pieces, if the hosts and staff continued to yell, scream, pound on the table, and use...of all things...a WHEEL?!?!

They'd be laughed off the network. Also, there's the fake price change act. It's insulting. And nobody likes how they dragggggg their presentations out.

Their actions reflect their products. High end jewelry from people who behave so immaturely? So strangely? Who have so many orders and shipment problems?

People who can afford high end, will go to their own jewelers. They'll see SLCs "Road Gravel Diamonds", and be demanding refunds in droves.

The majority of us put up with the wheel, and a few acts here and there because they delivered unique, beautiful, quality pieces at an affordable price, and shipping and customer service was reliable.

I honestly don't think the new management "gets it." It's like doing the old street vendor thing:

"Buy my beautiful Persian Rugs? I have many beautiful pearls? I have many beautiful fabrics? You like gemstones? Yes? I have gemstones for sale. Many fine gemstones for beautiful woman such as youuuuuu."

That only works on tourists vacationing at "exotic" places! And it certainly doesn't work on the same person(s) every single day, nor does it work 24/7! And it isn't going to work on people "sitting on their couches watching TV".

It's not going to cause a whole huge group of wealthy people to start a big buzz about this "new" TV CHANNEL that HAWKS "beautiful, high end jewelry."

Because that's how SLC acts. Like they're hawking on a street, or at a carnival or fair!

People who are serious about getting very high end jewelry want the salespeople to act professional. That "crowd" isn't at home watching TV to get their jewelry.

I don't mean this to sound offensive to anyone, but come ON! We shopped here for convenience, unique, beautiful and quality jewelry, at prices that we wouldn't have to mortgage the house for.

Well, those items are gone, the "convenience" has turned to stress, so their main customer base is leaving.

So, what other customer base is left? Those who buy gold tone and silver tone, stainless steel, sterling silver, a few real gemstones once in awhile, and cubic zirconias. And again, no offense is intended here because I am one who buys stainless steel and cubic zirconias.

Except all of the above can be found cheaper at other huge stores. With no added shipping and handling, no tax on the S/H, no "re-pick" orders, no "take your money when the item is out of stock", and all the rest that's become a big problem.

But in order to keep those customers, SLC needs to un-do every change it has made since the new "management" took over.
Good Evening, Catticus!

I do thank you for your feedback, as well as the summarization of the problems you have witnessed thus far. I am so very sorry to hear this, but this is certainly something we need to take into account. All of the feedback you have detailed here will be given to each of the teams in charge of the individual aspects you have laid out, as well as notified to our management teams so that it can be used under review for future planning. As always, we do apologize that you all had to experience these issues, but we are always thankful for the honest feedback!
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Totally applies here.

Also, Kevin left and the kids took advantage of dad leaving.
You nailed it.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Moderator_Connor wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago

Good Evening, Catticus!

I do thank you for your feedback, as well as the summarization of the problems you have witnessed thus far. I am so very sorry to hear this, but this is certainly something we need to take into account. All of the feedback you have detailed here will be given to each of the teams in charge of the individual aspects you have laid out, as well as notified to our management teams so that it can be used under review for future planning. As always, we do apologize that you all had to experience these issues, but we are always thankful for the honest feedback!
Thanks for doing your job Connor, commendable, truly. But

Sigh...
6 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago

And don’t forget those ‘tone tiaras!
No offense intended. They are
great for little girls.

Who would put up with them holding
their money 3-4 weeks at a time? That’s
how long it’s been for me to get what I
ordered and then having to return it. This
company is big enough that they can sell
junk and keep making money by tying up
our money
6 x