Unheated Tanzanite

Lulu

Unheated Tanzanite

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Any chance we'll be seeing this gemstone? From the few pieces I've gotten a quick look at (Gemporia), they are quite lovely. Browns, blues and greens seem evident in the stone. Even the opaque cabochons look interesting. They sell out really fast.
0 x

Gypsy

Re: Unheated Tanzanite

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
Any chance we'll be seeing this gemstone? From the few pieces I've gotten a quick look at (Gemporia), they are quite lovely. Browns, blues and greens seem evident in the stone. Even the opaque cabochons look interesting. They sell out really fast.
Those sound like green and peacock Tanzanite
slc sells those
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
slc sells those
Yeah. It’s basically the parts of the rough they otherwise don’t want to use for the better color or high end pieces.

I haven’t tried it.
1 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
slc sells those
Yeah. It’s basically the parts of the rough they otherwise don’t want to use for the better color or high end pieces.

I haven’t tried it.
I have suite of the green. It is a pretty color.
0 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

It really doesn't look like my green or peacock tanzanite. The one piece they still have is a 7.39 ct 12x12mm square cushion with .25 ctw diamonds set in 4.73 gr 18K. $3,383.15 (what an odd price). Until the light enters, it looks a light brown. It is interesting. Would like to see it in smaller sizes.
0 x