Bracelets

Catticus

Re: Bracelets

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Way back, when I was far too young for him, I was in love with David Cassidy!

I still listened to those old songs way up to even now. It really punched me and my sis in the gut when he died. And he died on our birthday!

😣😒😣
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago
4 years ago
It only took wearing a bolo bracelet one time to realize I wish I hadn't ordered the few I have. I understand it * most..I get that. But I also have a small wrist & all the extra dangle from a bolo is just an aggravation for me.
I agree. If the dangle part is too long on a wrist/arm, and you like wearing multiple bracelets (I do) then it would look like fringe on your arm!
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Yep!

Just envisioned the suede jacket with fringe down both arms that was so popular back in the day!
Yep. Exactly ❗❗❗ and then drag them through your food 😳 -Gypsy
4 x

Gypsy

4 years ago

I still listened to those old songs way up to even now. It really punched me and my sis in the gut when he died. And he died on our birthday!

😣😒😣
@Catticus

πŸ’•πŸ’žπŸ’• David Cassidy - Donny Osmond -Jackson5 & Bobby Sherman posters covered my walls πŸ’•πŸ’žπŸ’•
-Gypsy
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I do not like the bolo bracelets. They break easily and I lost one because it wouldn't stay tightened, I won't buy them anymore. I know many people love the bolo bracelets but I just don't care for them I prefer the regular bracelets are a lot more secure.
6 x

Gypsy

Gem Lover wrote: ↑
4 years ago
I do not like the bolo bracelets. They break easily and I lost one because it wouldn't stay tightened, I won't buy them anymore. I know many people love the bolo bracelets but I just don't care for them I prefer the regular bracelets are a lot more secure.
Me too ! I tried them but now I've given the ones I had to my daughter in law, she likes them.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

4 years ago

😣😒😣
Back in the day when I was too young for any of 'em-----heck yeah I was in love with David Cassidy & Donny Osmond & Bobby Sherman & Elvis &.......swooned over them all.
Sssssshhh, don't tell but I've been known to watch The Partridge Family even these days! Remember the episode w/Bobby Sherman?

I was sad too when he died. That was not a good birthday for you & sis😒.

Speaking of sis....I'm so happy to have read....benign! ! !
"KITTY GLITTER"😻YAY!!
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

4 years ago
4 years ago

😣😒😣
Back in the day when I was too young for any of 'em-----heck yeah I was in love with David Cassidy & Donny Osmond & Bobby Sherman & Elvis &.......swooned over them all.
Sssssshhh, don't tell but I've been known to watch The Partridge Family even these days! Remember the episode w/Bobby Sherman?

I was sad too when he died. That was not a good birthday for you & sis😒.

Speaking of sis....I'm so happy to have read....benign! ! !
"KITTY GLITTER"😻YAY!!
I still watch them! I have them all on DVD. 😊

Bobby staying in their garage, drinking their milk while they're away, using their equipment to record himself playing different instruments. They hear him and in their robes come out to see who's in their garage...The first thing Laurie says is: "Hey, he's CUTE!" Reuben was one of my favorites on that show! His eyes widen and he can't believe she doesn't care that he broke into their garage, instead she comments on how cute he is! 🀣

"Stephanie, whose eyes are blue
What would life be like with you
I've just been wondering and I'd sure like to see
If you've been a thinkin' the same about me

And I'm doin' all I can do
All but the growin' and that's up to you

Stephanie, your eyes are free
You can see things as they appear to be
I don't have to tell you how much I really care
You and I both know about the love that we share

And I'm doin' all I can do
All but the growin' and that's up to you"

Bobby Sherman was a very kind person. He later became a police officer where my parents live.

David had a rough time because of his dad, Jack. I never thought much of Jack Cassidy. Though, he sure played a great sleazeball type character on movies and TV shows; especially on Columbo! I always felt he was just playing himself. He really treated David (and Shirley) badly because he was so narcissistic, and was SO jealous of their new fame.

David had a lot of issues because of this and how he was used, exploited, then tossed away like garbage. That's how that business works. But that doesn't make it right.

We only had David on our walls! He was IT for us! He had such a beautiful voice. Look on YT and find him singing with his half brother, Shawn. They were so good! I just watched it and I cry every time. 😒 I have tears in my eyes now. Poor David. Sigh.

Go to this exact one. They have other clips of them (Regis Show) talking about their duo on Broadway called "Blood Brothers." This one is just the song:

"David and Shaun Cassidy - Tell Me It's Not True (1993 Television Recording)
Cassidy Fanatic"

Donny and Bobby had a much more grounded homelife and upbringing. They were better equipped emotionally to handle going from a teen idol to being almost shunned. They were able to move on with their lives.

Did you know that more David Cassidy "items" such as lunchboxes, posters, and all that "stuff" that fans buy, grossed way more millions than even items of...The Beatles? 😦

Yes...BENIGN! Phew! What a relief!!!!!!

Now I have new worries to replace that one! 🀣
2 x

GEMLOVER60

Post by GEMLOVER60 » 4 years ago

Amy wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Could we see less bolo bracelets & more in 6.75 size? I really find the bolo uncomfortable & just don’t like most of the chain hanging down. My wrists are pretty small. The smaller size always sells out first, so more of the small size clasps please. Thank you. 🌸
I bought one and I did like it, until one day it was on my wrist and then it was not :?: It must of just fell off :?: Was not cheap either :x I'm thinking maybe that silicone thing broke...
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

GEMLOVER60 wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Amy wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Could we see less bolo bracelets & more in 6.75 size? I really find the bolo uncomfortable & just don’t like most of the chain hanging down. My wrists are pretty small. The smaller size always sells out first, so more of the small size clasps please. Thank you. 🌸
I bought one and I did like it, until one day it was on my wrist and then it was not :?: It must of just fell off :?: Was not cheap either :x I'm thinking maybe that silicone thing broke...
@GEMLOVER60
Unfortunately that type of issue has happened too much. I was wearing a herringbone chain & all of a sudden, it fell down the front of my top. Rescued it & saw that a jump ring that attached chain to extender wasn't closed well. Triple strand beaded howlite necklace broke while walking around a flea market. Howlite beads bounced & rolled everywhere.
3 x