Catalog my jewelry-seeking ideas

Stevie

Catalog my jewelry-seeking ideas

Post by Stevie » 2 years ago

I asked the idea lab about this.
I have several lovely jewelry boxes from ShopLC but I need a way to catalog my jewelry. For instance, I have several black stone rings, necklaces and earrings. I would like to be able to label them -Black Spinel, Black Jade, Black Tourmaline, Shungite...etc...Same with Sapphires, Rubies, Emeralds. I'd also like to show carat weights, are the accent stones Zircon or Diamond; 925STS or white gold? For now I am keeping them in the bag with the label on them but that defeats the purpose of the jewelry box.
I love my kids but they are boys with no wives, they aren't going to realize what has value and what is costume jewelry when my time is up.
So any ideas? I've racked my brain and cannot come up with any viable solution.
Thanks so much.
10 x

GElliot

Re: Catalog my jewelry-seeking ideas

Post by GElliot » 2 years ago

I saved every invoice, put them in order of date and put in a binder. You could have categories for every gem with dividers in the binder that can be labeled. Or a binder or folder for every gem. If you go to order history on website, you may be able to pull up any order that you don't have an invoice for and print it out.
12 x

Stevie

Post by Stevie » 2 years ago

Thanks GElliot. That's an idea.
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 2 years ago

Good Morning Stevie,
And welcome to the forum

The way I keep a "catolog" of all my jewelry can take a little time.

But when I purchase a piece I goto my order history and highlight each item purchasd, I then print out the website picture and item details.
These sheets are then categorized by gemstone and in 3 ring binders.
I also took the time and printed out general gemstone information on each of the gemstones I have (ie: Ruby, Sapphire, Tanzy, tigers eye....etc) and put in front of each category to help them understand what they are.
Having pictures with the information for reference ,I think helps

It can be abit time consuming when you first start to keep track. But then if you do when you purchase it's not a hassle at all.

Hope this idea helps - Gypsy
15 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
2 years ago
Good Morning Stevie,
And welcome to the forum

The way I keep a "catolog" of all my jewelry can take a little time.

But when I purchase a piece I goto my order history and highlight each item purchasd, I then print out the website picture and item details.
These sheets are then categorized by gemstone and in 3 ring binders.
I also took the time and printed out general gemstone information on each of the gemstones I have (ie: Ruby, Sapphire, Tanzy, tigers eye....etc) and put in front of each category to help them understand what they are.
Having pictures with the information for reference ,I think helps

It can be abit time consuming when you first start to keep track. But then if you do when you purchase it's not a hassle at all.

Hope this idea helps - Gypsy
Great idea Gypsy
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 2 years ago

@Spooky

Thank you Spooky - good to "see" you !

I had visions of my son giving away or tossing jewelry pieces aside having no idea what they were . So I really wanted to try and make sure he had a heads up. -Gypsy
8 x