ring sizing -- and Adi

JewelryQueen

Re: ring sizing -- and Adi

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Everyone knows you can't size a ring up more than 3 sizes or down 3 sizes especially if there are gemstones on the shoulders. The gems will fall out. If there is platinum overlay you will probably spend more on the re-sizing and re-overlay than you did on the ring. Ditto for gold overlay. The only rings this makes sense on is a Bali or other just silver ring. They basically just stretch the ring. And no, some jewelers will not size silver with any overlay.
8 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
No, but he and Peter were talking about the forums on air today. I have went through many of MY posts since then and deleted them, even though people quoted me and is still there. They made a comment that people on the forum didn't like them and wanted them off air? Peter also said someone said that they were a trainwreck? Then he said that people were on the forum praying for new hosts? Maybe I am missing something, but I don't recall reading any of what was said online, but left a bad taste in my mouth. Going to just use the forum for my purposes when it suits me from now on. I don't think they are interested in very much that is on the forum, regardless, is a joke to them, so I am not going to take any of this seriously anymore.
This is getting disgusting. So much for @Moderator_Danielle passing our complaints along to the appropriate people. I have never heard of a company or business shaming their people on air. I am still mad about Tenner last week, Cheryl did this last week as well, and now Adi and Peter? We are the customers and we have the power. People will catch on and take their business elsewhere...which is already happening. I keep reading in the forum people starting to change the channel and go to JTV or other places. I like SLC's unique designs but I like myself more. If this is how they treat customers, then they don't deserve my money
It proves one thing.

It bothers them, more than they'll ever admit, when comments are made about them that aren't necessarily in "glowing" terms.

They wouldn't even bother to bring it up, or discuss in a conversation things others "said" about them...

Unless it hit a nerve.

Oh you better believe it bothers them. But instead of being adults about many of the comments and taking them into consideration, they instead choose to make fun of the comments (and suggestions) because they believe it "spares" their egos.

They're definitely embarrassed by a lot of the comments.

But they'll hide it. At least, they'll try to.
They can try hiding it all they want. They angered the wrong person. I'm out. I'm not buying from them anymore and I am now proceeding with taking action against some of the jewelry I found out was not really the stones they sold them as. I won't be here anymore since I am no longer going to shop with them. I am sad, but mostly sad to say goodbye to all of you here in the forum. I only joined the forum recently, but I enjoyed conversing and joking with all of you. You know what else makes me happy? The fact that a few of us disagreed with each other a few times, but we shook the dust off our shoulders and moved on. We were all adults and mature about it. Such a shame SLC hosts are acting like babies. Make sure you check on your jewelry.I don't believe a word coming out of their mouths anymore.
11 x

Gemaholic

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago

This is getting disgusting. So much for @Moderator_Danielle passing our complaints along to the appropriate people. I have never heard of a company or business shaming their people on air. I am still mad about Tenner last week, Cheryl did this last week as well, and now Adi and Peter? We are the customers and we have the power. People will catch on and take their business elsewhere...which is already happening. I keep reading in the forum people starting to change the channel and go to JTV or other places. I like SLC's unique designs but I like myself more. If this is how they treat customers, then they don't deserve my money
It proves one thing.

It bothers them, more than they'll ever admit, when comments are made about them that aren't necessarily in "glowing" terms.

They wouldn't even bother to bring it up, or discuss in a conversation things others "said" about them...

Unless it hit a nerve.

Oh you better believe it bothers them. But instead of being adults about many of the comments and taking them into consideration, they instead choose to make fun of the comments (and suggestions) because they believe it "spares" their egos.

They're definitely embarrassed by a lot of the comments.

But they'll hide it. At least, they'll try to.
They can try hiding it all they want. They angered the wrong person. I'm out. I'm not buying from them anymore and I am now proceeding with taking action against some of the jewelry I found out was not really the stones they sold them as. I won't be here anymore since I am no longer going to shop with them. I am sad, but mostly sad to say goodbye to all of you here in the forum. I only joined the forum recently, but I enjoyed conversing and joking with all of you. You know what else makes me happy? The fact that a few of us disagreed with each other a few times, but we shook the dust off our shoulders and moved on. We were all adults and mature about it. Such a shame SLC hosts are acting like babies. Make sure you check on your jewelry.I don't believe a word coming out of their mouths anymore.

oh and what you said was very similar to my "Dear SLC Hosts" post I just wrote. I hope enough people voice their concerns. I hope they get held accountable for the lies and bad treatment to their customers.
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Well - Cheryl and Blake are selling diamond wing bangles in white, champagne, multi for $159. With tax and shipping it will be around $175. I bought the same one in the white, for a TOTAL of $76 ( with a coupon) in November. Of course Blake is non stop about the mines closing🥴
7 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

@Gemaholic, please don't leave the forum!!!!

I also am 'out of here' as I won't shop with them anymore. I rarely look at the website these days and only occasionally take a glimpse at live tv.

But I do still like the forum and the knowledge that so many members, you especially, have. It would be a shame to see you go!
9 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
No, but he and Peter were talking about the forums on air today. I have went through many of MY posts since then and deleted them, even though people quoted me and is still there. They made a comment that people on the forum didn't like them and wanted them off air? Peter also said someone said that they were a trainwreck? Then he said that people were on the forum praying for new hosts? Maybe I am missing something, but I don't recall reading any of what was said online, but left a bad taste in my mouth. Going to just use the forum for my purposes when it suits me from now on. I don't think they are interested in very much that is on the forum, regardless, is a joke to them, so I am not going to take any of this seriously anymore.
Hello,

I can confirm that the issue presented last week was addressed by the appropriate director. Nevertheless, if something else happened I am glad to also share this feedback.
7 x

Moderator_Danielle

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
Did anyone hear what Adi said about ring sizing last night? I can't remember what he was hawking, I meant to post then, but I was too comfortable on the couch with my dogs and didn't feel like getting up and going to the computer room.

Anyway, whatever it was, there were only two sizes available. And Adi said ...THREE times...
"if you go to a good jeweler, you can size this up or down by 5 sizes."

WHAAAT?? No jeweler I know would ever do that... and I know some very good ones. I sure hope no one fell for that idiocy.
Thank you for sharing this information, this will be shared with the VP of Sales.
6 x

Moderator_Danielle

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Do you have a time frame when this was said? I would like to pull up the show for my report.
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
@Gemaholic, please don't leave the forum!!!!

I also am 'out of here' as I won't shop with them anymore. I rarely look at the website these days and only occasionally take a glimpse at live tv.

But I do still like the forum and the knowledge that so many members, you especially, have. It would be a shame to see you go!
@Gemaholic
I agree with scoobydoo! Please don't leave the forum! Your knowledge is needed here! I am in full agreement with you regarding SLC, and support the actions you intend to take. Many of us do! I, for one am glad you are doing what you said. They have been getting away with dishonest business practices for far too long. But please stay?
7 x

Gemaholic

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Hello,

I can confirm that the issue presented last week was addressed by the appropriate director. Nevertheless, if something else happened I am glad to also share this feedback.
Danielle, you have superb customer service skills that I wish the hosts possessed. We know you are doing your job and helping us and passing along these issues, but they keep continuing. It's by no means your fault. Upper management sees us as a number and expendable. I am also upset by something Tenner said last week when I sent a message to the host regarding him interrupting Becky as she was about to describe fissure filling. This is only getting worse, not better. I also just inspected some pieces of jewelry that are not what they claimed to be. These are from 2007, 2008 and 2009, so nothing can be done now. What it did was now alert me to other jewelry I purchased that is probably not what it was sold as. I am getting second opinions but it's pretty clear I was sold a different stone that what they claimed it was. I have a lot of jewelry from SLC, so it is going to take me a while to finish my tests on them. I want to be thorough because I will be taking action outside this forum. I may have not been so inspired to do so if it wasn't for this consistent, unprofessional behavior displayed on SLC day after day. Enough is enough. Let's see if we really are so expendable.
5 x