FF stones

Vicky
Answers: 1

FF stones

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Ankur and Stacy just had Ring and Gemstone pendant sets on. All except the Russian Diopside is Fissure filled, yet Ankur stated the Pink Ilakaka is top grade, when he has to know it’s FF.
The Niassa Ruby, Madaola blue Sapphire and Ilakaka pink sapphire are all FISSURE FILLED. They should reveal that fact, so buyers know to handle the gemstones with extreme care.
Had I been informed, my Niassa Ruby necklace for $200 would not have exploded when I cleaned it in my ultrasonic cleaner😳😖.
4 x

Hayhaypaula

Re: FF stones

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

I opened the post for the Masaola blue sapphire set, and nowhere does it say ff or fissure filled. Then I opened the pink sapphire set's page, and the gemstone description does say ff, and fissure filled, and all sizes are lined out. I wonder if these are going to auction.
2 x

Hayhaypaula

I opened the post for the Masaola blue sapphire set, and nowhere does it say ff or fissure filled. Then I opened the pink sapphire set's page, and the gemstone description does say ff, and fissure filled, and all sizes are lined out. I wonder if these are going to auction.

I totally agree that any ff stone items ought to come with a warning, maybe printed care instructions in the box? They're still fine as long as you know what you're getting.
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Karen is the only one that warns viewers to be very careful when cleaning these stones. They are filled with glass which is a different density, making the stones unstable. They look beautiful, so I wouldn't buy them for collectability, or resell value. I would just enjoy wearing them, while treating them as I would my Pearls or opals. All I say is Shoplc should let the viewers know to handle these stones with care
5 x

Hayhaypaula

Exactly!
3 x