How can FF Rubies be premium AAA

Vicky
Answers: 1

How can FF Rubies be premium AAA

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Are they kidding? What is premium about rubies that were cracked and in bad shape ?? Maybe the glue they used to fill the cracks is a premium glue ?? Or the dye used to enhance the color of the stone a premium dye??
The Hosts say it with a straight face 🤪
3 x

Vicky

Re: How can FF Rubies be premium AAA

Oh my goodness. Tenner is selling a Ruby ring that has i3 clarity diamonds and he says the diamonds are EYE CLEAN. He has to know that is false🙄 i3 is visually very included and is almost a commercial diamond.
What is going on when a trained gem hunter says the i3 (INCLUDED 3 is eye clean. Is he under such pressure to sell, that he lies ??
How can I ever trust anything he says about anything ?
3 x

Vicky

Oh my goodness. Tenner is selling a Ruby ring that has i3 clarity diamonds and he says the diamonds are EYE CLEAN. He has to know that is false🙄 i3 is visually very included and is almost a commercial diamond.
What is going on when a trained gem hunter says the i3 (INCLUDED 3 is eye clean. Is he under such pressure to sell, that he lies ??
How can I ever trust anything he says about anything ?
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

This is why store jewelry sellers recommend not to buy online. Some of the people working in shopping channels are NOT reputable Jewelry sellers. Some vendor from a jewelry show told me: " Never buy rubíes online". His advice came too late because I have those Burmese Ruby earrings. Tenner by doing this is ruining his reputation. He is lying to us because he knows that those rubíes are Fissure-filled, a treatment that is not acceptable by the jewelry industry. It's fish gravel, parafrasing the harsh words of a reputable jeweler. And it's not durable nor valuable. People needs to be aware. What he is doing is called fraud. And after the lawsuit, can come jail time. I used to like him. Now he is falling into that lying game. Why? I'm clueless.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Someone posted a couple of days ago that he has a friend that is a jeweler and the jeweler offered him $400 for the ring fissure filled ruby that they purchased here, I read online they are worth between $20 to $30 per caret for the stone, so if you multiple that by the caret weight than add in the cost of the setting I guess a jeweler can get some money for them in their store and most jewelry stores now only sell lab created ruby and sapphire.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Someone posted a couple of days ago that he has a friend that is a jeweler and the jeweler offered him $400 for the ring fissure filled ruby that they purchased here, I read online they are worth between $20 to $30 per caret for the stone, so if you multiple that by the caret weight than add in the cost of the setting I guess a jeweler can get some money for them in their store and most jewelry stores now only sell lab created ruby and sapphire.
When I read that I thought "I wish I had that jeweler close by to sell a few pieces" lol
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I think they put them in gold and call them AAA. The GIA is along the mindset the FF gems are manmade because they have so much glass they are very little gem. I dont see how a brick and mortar store can get that much unless he is not disclosing what FF is either. I think customers like us are better educated than those that shop in stores.
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I think they put them in gold and call them AAA. The GIA is along the mindset the FF gems are manmade because they have so much glass they are very little gem. I dont see how a brick and mortar store can get that much unless he is not disclosing what FF is either. I think customers like us are better educated than those that shop in stores.
Macy's and JC Penny had a huge scandal for selling these composites as real rubies in 2014.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@OtherSideOfTheTracks

Did you delete a post ???? I was reading and it was then gone ....Gypsy
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
@OtherSideOfTheTracks

Did you delete a post ???? I was reading and it was then gone ....Gypsy
Yes, I did delete it because I was worried that I would be ignored and my feelings are so hurt right now - I couldn't add that on top of what I already feel. I hope that makes sense.

BUT, I meant every word in the post I deleted. I DO appreciate YOU, Gemsnob, Gem Lover, Vicky, Ginger, Margui and everyone who gives such good advice about gemstones and other stuff. Sharing your knowledge is so helpful to me, personally, because I can't remember what I used to 20 years ago when I was collecting better jewelry and knew what to look for. Also, the industry has changed and I'm not as knowledgeable with new treatments on gemstones. Also, your friendship is appreciated and very much wanted. I'm sorry I deleted it - but I'll admit was a scaredy cat.
:deepbreath:
4 x