How can FF Rubies be premium AAA

Gypsy

Re: How can FF Rubies be premium AAA

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@Vicky

I agree with you I no longer wear my really good pieces , which were all gifts from my husband and I could not even begin to replace. I was upset about the Burmese Rubies and the info on the FF trtmt but most all of my jewelry pieces from SLC were purchased on RA's (long ago) or with great prices and cpns so I dont have any purchase regrets. I think my pieces are lovely and I wear alot and receive nice compliments when I'm out.
That being said, SLC really needs to start giving us more of the gemstone information that we are requesting. I dont think we are being unreasonable by asking for the true treatment details and honest information from hosts.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I also agree with Vicki with similar reasons. I used to have an expensive car (when times were good and I had my husband) and I was followed home from my grocery store trip and mugged in my driveway and while knocked out they stole all my jewelry on my hand, ears (ripped) and necklace which were valuable. This all happened one month before my husband's terminal diagnosis. So I got rid of the car, put my good jewelry in a safety deposit box, and now try to acquire jewelry that looks good but not too snazzy (like diamonds) to attract attention. It's also the reason why I like stones or agates to wear = I call them more of a casual look, although turquoise/red coral/opals (and others) while wearing black looks so elegant to me.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I also agree with Vicki with similar reasons. I used to have an expensive car (when times were good and I had my husband) and I was followed home from my grocery store trip and mugged in my driveway and while knocked out they stole all my jewelry on my hand which were valuable. This all happened one month before my husband's terminal diagnosis. So I got rid of the car, put my good jewelry in a safety deposit box, and now try to acquire jewelry that looks good but not too snazzy (like diamonds) to attract attention. It's also the reason why I like stones or agates to wear = I call them more of a casual look, although turquoise/red coral/opals (and others) while wearing black looks so elegant to me.
Oh my goodness! Thats awful. Thank God you werent hurt worse.
Ive always wondered why people would wear simulated diamonds... I mean lots of them. I never want anyone to think Im rich and kill me for my fake jewels or follow me home because they think Im rich. I buy what I like but dont pretend Im something Im not. It has always bothered me when hosts from any network sell things because they look "rich". It seems shallow to me.
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I hear you Gypsy 👍 a few years ago I bought a Ruby necklace from Shoplc. Was about $200. It exploded in my ultrasonic cleaner over a month later. I couldnt believe that the broken pieces I was picking up were more glass then stone. Had Shoplc warned me about caring for it, I never would have put it into the ultrasonic cleaner.
Thats when I started researching FF stones and was shocked to find out about all the other enhancements that are done to stones today.
Luckily, Most of the jewelry I buy are for gifts to over 40 family kids, so with great coupons that we used to be able to use ( I remember that for at least 6 months I kept on reusing a 45% off coupon from retailmenot on huge amount of pieces. Those were GREAT days. I was able to gift beautiful low cost jewelry to family members. Nowadays, we rarely get a great coupon. They usually inflate the starting price, so with the coupon, its more then it was originally.
Today, they finally have a 30% coupon that can be used on more items. I was able to attach it to a 1ct diamond hoop earrings to give as a gift for a 18th birthday.
If Shoplc went back and saw how much less we are buying, since they started selling mostly the high end stuff, offering usually worthless coupons, inflating prices. Long and boring presentations, etc.they would see how many sales they are losing, and maybe reconsider their losing ways.
4 x

Gypsy

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
I hear you Gypsy 👍 a few years ago I bought a Ruby necklace from Shoplc. Was about $200. It exploded in my ultrasonic cleaner over a month later. I couldnt believe that the broken pieces I was picking up were more glass then stone. Had Shoplc warned me about caring for it, I never would have put it into the ultrasonic cleaner.
Thats when I started researching FF stones and was shocked to find out about all the other enhancements that are done to stones today.
Luckily, Most of the jewelry I buy are for gifts to over 40 family kids, so with great coupons that we used to be able to use ( I remember that for at least 6 months I kept on reusing a 45% off coupon from retailmenot on huge amount of pieces. Those were GREAT days. I was able to gift beautiful low cost jewelry to family members. Nowadays, we rarely get a great coupon. They usually inflate the starting price, so with the coupon, its more then it was originally.
Today, they finally have a 30% coupon that can be used on more items. I was able to attach it to a 1ct diamond hoop earrings to give as a gift for a 18th birthday.
If Shoplc went back and saw how much less we are buying, since they started selling mostly the high end stuff, offering usually worthless coupons, inflating prices. Long and boring presentations, etc.they would see how many sales they are losing, and maybe reconsider their losing ways.
You would think right ❗ and by the way I took advantage of a huge "now that's a good" price drop on a pair of earrings that I had been watching for quite a long while and I remembered the code you posted and snagged additional 35% off 🥰🥰 made my earrings a super great buy 🤗 so BIG Thank You❣❣❣
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Oh my goodness OSOTT ☹️
Thank god you survived the assault.
Lots of ER patients were severely injured in similar attacks.
I myself had a horrible experience, not with jewelry, just a home invasion.
My apartment was ground floor. A guy got in thru a window. Woke me up by opening and closing my light. All I saw was a big black gun. My heart was jumping out of my chest.
But my medical training got me thinking how to save me and my kids. He had a heavy accent, but spoke broken english. First I wanted to know if I was dealing with someone I can convince not to hurt us. His motions made me believe he wanted to rape me. I asked him can he please close my bedroom door because my little kids in their bedrooms will get scared if there is noise. He closed the door. That told me alot. I stood a chance to stop him from raping me.
I told him I have the CLAP ( among certain groups it means a venereal disease) and he will catch it. He must have understood because he just master——- while touching me. He then left. The cops took some fingerprints, spent semen, etc. . All he took was my pocketbook, with a few dollars, but it had my Hospital work schedule for the next 2 weeks. I thanked God for getting me and my kids out of this without any physical injuries, but I was petrified that he knew my work schedule. My parents insisted on me having window gates installed. They paid $1300. Those were permanent window gates. I knew if I have a fire, I better be able to use the door to get out.
Somehow I got thru the next 2 weeks.
Here I was forever feeling sorry for myself, but What you went thru was much worse. MAKES ME ANGRY🤬because those memories never leave. Its been many years. I never sleep with the light closed since then. I can only imagine the horrible memories you endure.
Yet, we are both here THANK GOD, we get to complain about shoplc😆so for that I am THANKFUL🙏🏻
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Oh my goodness OSOTT ☹️
My apartment was ground floor. A guy got in thru a window. Woke me up by opening and closing my light. All I saw was a big black gun. My heart was jumping out of my chest.
But my medical training got me thinking how to save me and my kids. He had a heavy accent, but spoke broken english. First I wanted to know if I was dealing with someone I can convince not to hurt us. His motions made me believe he wanted to rape me. I asked him can he please close my bedroom door because my little kids in their bedrooms will get scared if there is noise. He closed the door. That told me alot. I stood a chance to stop him from raping me.
I told him I have the CLAP ( among certain groups it means a venereal disease) and he will catch it. He must have understood because he just master——- while touching me. He then left. The cops took some fingerprints, spent semen, etc. . All he took was my pocketbook, with a few dollars, but it had my Hospital work schedule for the next 2 weeks. I thanked God for getting me and my kids out of this without any physical injuries, but I was petrified that he knew my work schedule. My parents insisted on me having window gates installed. They paid $1300. Those were permanent window gates. I knew if I have a fire, I better be able to use the door to get out.
Here I was forever feeling sorry for myself, but What you went thru was much worse. MAKES ME ANGRY🤬because those memories never leave. Its been many years. I never sleep with the light closed since then. I can only imagine the horrible memories you endure.
Yet, we are both here THANK GOD, we get to complain about shoplc😆so for that I am THANKFUL🙏🏻
Oh my heart stopped as I was reading your terrible experience and I'm so so sorry that happened to you. I am amazed at your instinct and intelligence to keep calm, thinking of the safety of your children, reading him to see if he was a murdering type, and escaping alive. I applaud you and standing ovation! I'm assuming they never caught him? I've considered the bars on my windows but it would be a fortune and it would impair my hurricane shutters if I had to get them up in a hurry. So I just carry a weapon close by and in my car/person. I'm licensed and trained (I take training at least once a year and I target shoot when I have a couple of hours which is down the street with police officers). I also watch and observe everything. I live in a house now with a garage to pull my car in and shut the doors before I get out of the car and I installed mirrors in the corners of the garage. Because I target shoot with officers, I know them personally and have their direct numbers if I get in trouble or heebie jeebies at home and they will ride by.

Your experience was worse than mine as I don't remember it all as I was hit in the head and got a major concussion. I have headaches to this day. I have vague shadows and feelings about it - but I don't remember which is really a Godsend I think. I'm so proud of you and how you handled your nightmare! Bless you and I'm saying a prayer right now of thanks and gratitude to God.
4 x

Gypsy

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Oh my goodness OSOTT ☹️
Oh my heart stopped as I was reading your terrible experience and I'm so so sorry that happened to you. I am amazed at your instinct and intelligence to keep calm, thinking of the safety of your children, reading him to see if he was a murdering type, and escaping alive. I applaud you and standing ovation! I'm assuming they never caught him? I've considered the bars on my windows but it would be a fortune and it would impair my hurricane shutters if I had to get them up in a hurry. So I just carry a weapon close by and in my car/person. I'm licensed and trained (I take training at least once a year and I target shoot when I have a couple of hours which is down the street with police officers). I also watch and observe everything. I live in a house now with a garage to pull my car in and shut the doors before I get out of the car and I installed mirrors in the corners of the garage. Because I target shoot with officers, I know them personally and have their direct numbers if I get in trouble or heebie jeebies at home and they will ride by.

Your experience was worse than mine as I don't remember it all as I was hit in the head and got a major concussion. I have headaches to this day. I have vague shadows and feelings about it - but I don't remember which is really a Godsend I think. I'm so proud of you and how you handled your nightmare! Bless you and I'm saying a prayer right now of thanks and gratitude to God.
🥺💔 🥺💔
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Oh my goodness OSOTT ☹️
My goodness! What a terrifying experience you had Vicky. You were very brave. I'm glad you were OK at the end. Many people have concealed weapons after having a horrible experience like yours. I hope you are always safe.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Oh my goodness OSOTT ☹️
Omgosh, thank goodness you were able to stay level headed and were quick thinking. Someone was looking out for you! Im so happy you and your babies are ok. ❤
2 x