Tanzanite smackdown continues

JewelryQueen

Re: Tanzanite smackdown continues

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Tanzanite can be color enhanced with a cobalt coating which can make an AA look like AAAA. You can only tell under a microscope at at least 60 power or by vigorously polishing the stone. Even a lot of gemologists can be fooled unless they are looking for this. This issue has been brought up with SLC and they vehemently claim that heat treatment is the ONLY treatment on theirs. So far haven't heard differently directly from any of their customers. I dunno.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

As per GIA its hard to tell. But I believe that shoplc only use color enhancement by heating the tanzanite. I dont think they coat it.
I actually bought a tanzanite necklace last year from shoplc. It arrived TANZAWHITE. At first I was livid, but then I kept it because it looked like white Zircon.
So I get upset every time a host says shoplc doesn't sell tanzawhite or tanzalite. They sure do !!
5 x

Harlequin

Re:yzanite smackdown continues

Post by Harlequin » 4 years ago

Re- Tanzanite : You lady’s have no idea what you’re talking about. Get your facts straight before posting. Also quit posting nasty things, referencing host’s before you lose another feature. All ready lost the search feature!!!😂
1 x

RS

Re: Re:yzanite smackdown continues

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
4 years ago
Re- Tanzanite : You lady’s have no idea what you’re talking about. Get your facts straight before posting. Also quit posting nasty things, referencing host’s before you lose another feature. All ready lost the search feature!!!😂
Uhmmm.....?

What did they say that was incorrect? If you have the facts please share.
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

I just re-read all the posts again...nothin's up?
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Harlequin wrote:
4 years ago
Uhmmm.....?

Notice the name? Thinks she's a super hero. Also thinks she going to edumacate us all because we need some learning.
Last edited by Gemsnob 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Same here🤔
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Harlequin wrote:
4 years ago
Uhmmm.....?

Notice the name? Thinks she's a super hero. Also thinks she going to edumacate us all because we need some learning.
Ahhhhh......proxy again? Jeez....SLC CAN figure this out.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago
Same here🤔
Paint me confused.🤪
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Honey-I really hope that we are not being conned. They are selling AAA and AAAA tanzanites for exorbitant prices. A coating would fool MOST buyers. I know their diamonds are enhanced. But at least they dont charge exorbitant prices for the diamonds. Lately I notice that alot of the gemstones that have diamonds surrounding them, show that the diamonds were appraised. Most claim G-h color with a clarity of i3 ( the Worst VISIBLE INCLUSIONS of the diamonds) i’m thinking that shoplc hope that we will be impressed by G-H and not understand that i3 has the worst inclusions. Can you imagine that i3 is the appraisal after the diamonds were enhanced😡that would mean that they were industrial grade before enhancement, used for machinery, not appropriate for jewelry.
I dont have proof that they are all enhanced. I know one pair my jeweler saw was enhanced.
I asked several hosts a few times if their diamonds are enhanced. Not one host answered me. So I got my answer.
4 x