Tanzanite smackdown continues

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Tanzanite smackdown continues

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I looked at all our posts. We got our facts from respected institutions such as GIA.EDU.
Maybe some are annoyed and would rather be a Ostrich.
When shoplc ships beautiful items, We mention it.
In the last few years, I received lots of low cost beautiful jewelry from Shoplc. Things have changed. They are mainly interested in high end buyers.
So, if we decide to splurge on high end, we would be fools if we didn’t do research.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
I just re-read all the posts again...nothin's up?
Ok..,I get the whole mask reference. But whattttt?
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

It's ok. Just someone that thinks they are smarter than everyone else and likes to control things.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
It's ok. Just someone that thinks they are smarter than everyone else and likes to control things.
And I gather this person is known by us using a different “nom de’ plume”?
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Very well could be. I find it strange that it keeps happening and that person had a certain "tone". Very know it all. Can't say anything about science or we will for sure know.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Very well could be. I find it strange that it keeps happening and that person had a certain "tone". Very know it all. Can't say anything about science or we will for sure know.
The sum of the lengths of any two sides of a triangle must be greater than the third side...

Oh wait! That’s geometry! 🤪🤪🤪
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Maybe she or he should be specific about anything we posted that is false.
I suggest this person better do research. The techniques available today to improve Gemstone appearances are becoming more sophisticated every day.
I sold a GIA diamond to a dealer last year. Even though I gave him the GIA cert, he did a lengthy exam with his equipment. I thought maybe he was checking if the diamond was the one GIA certified.
He explained that every day new techniques are used. That what he was checking was a new technique that even GIA didn’t use yet. Thank goodness, he was happy with my diamond and bought it.
6 x

ChiChi2

Post by ChiChi2 » 4 years ago

There is something very strange going on in the tanzanite market. Yesterday, SLC, the “g” channel and the “j” channel were all selling tanzanite at the exact same time. That is an awful lot of tanzanite for a stone that is supposedly in short supply. Maybe the market is being manipulated?
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I'm thing Har de Har Har thought GIA was a host. Who is talking about something they know nothing about????
4 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 4 years ago

Perhaps harleyquin's assault was a red-herring to change the direction of your/our focus? There is way too much tanzanite available! That means prices should go down! This topic had been going down the road of artificial enhancements. Perhaps you all hit a nail with that hammer? Just my two cents! Paula
2 x