Dear Powers that be....

Gemsnob

Re: Dear Powers that be....

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RoxiJade wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
You may see all of us as whiners and complainers. What I see are a wonderful group of people who loved shopping at a company that provided beautiful jewelry, home and lifestyle products and we miss it! There was a time when there was no pressure from the hosts, just fun, joking, laughing and it was something to look forward to. It was a way to relax. We rarely had issues with items arriving damaged but if something was wrong, there was no worry about a return. When placing an order, a confirmation email meant just that: confirmation that your item was reserved and you would receive an email shortly when it shipped. If you had a question or issue, an email to customer service would get a reply with an answer in a timely manner. After taking the time to review a product, you didnt ever question if it would be posted. Hosts didnt have to resort to high pressure sales tactics, dishonesty, carrying on like used car sales men. Who would even want to be followed through the isles of a retail store while a clerk said " believe it or not...." "you will regret it tomorrow if you dont put this in your cart right now". In the last several months, things have gotten drastically worse . No explanation, no apology. Nothing. It appears that you are more worried about selling so you can claim to feed children than you are about making things right with your customers, some of which have been with you since the beginning! Shame on you! Are you a charity or a business? I for one find it unethical to use hungry children to get people to buy things when you cant even fix what is broken! Stop with the gimics. Stop saying "this wasnt supposed to be in the show!" Thats a lie. Stop saying the president is calling. Just stop the nonsense. We arent stupid .

I agree with everything you have said. Unfortunately, the only thing that will make any changes happen is to STOP BUYING. If you aren't talking with your money, you aren't being heard. Ask yourself, is there really anything being sold that you can't live without? Absolutely, the answer is no every single time. As with any business, they will follow the money. When the money flow stops, the changes MUST happen. Guaranteed.
I agree with you there. Its not my loss if my money is still in my pocket. Its theirs.
6 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

RoxiJade wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
You may see all of us as whiners and complainers. What I see are a wonderful group of people who loved shopping at a company that provided beautiful jewelry, home and lifestyle products and we miss it! There was a time when there was no pressure from the hosts, just fun, joking, laughing and it was something to look forward to. It was a way to relax. We rarely had issues with items arriving damaged but if something was wrong, there was no worry about a return. When placing an order, a confirmation email meant just that: confirmation that your item was reserved and you would receive an email shortly when it shipped. If you had a question or issue, an email to customer service would get a reply with an answer in a timely manner. After taking the time to review a product, you didnt ever question if it would be posted. Hosts didnt have to resort to high pressure sales tactics, dishonesty, carrying on like used car sales men. Who would even want to be followed through the isles of a retail store while a clerk said " believe it or not...." "you will regret it tomorrow if you dont put this in your cart right now". In the last several months, things have gotten drastically worse . No explanation, no apology. Nothing. It appears that you are more worried about selling so you can claim to feed children than you are about making things right with your customers, some of which have been with you since the beginning! Shame on you! Are you a charity or a business? I for one find it unethical to use hungry children to get people to buy things when you cant even fix what is broken! Stop with the gimics. Stop saying "this wasnt supposed to be in the show!" Thats a lie. Stop saying the president is calling. Just stop the nonsense. We arent stupid .

I agree with everything you have said. Unfortunately, the only thing that will make any changes happen is to STOP BUYING. If you aren't talking with your money, you aren't being heard. Ask yourself, is there really anything being sold that you can't live without? Absolutely, the answer is no every single time. As with any business, they will follow the money. When the money flow stops, the changes MUST happen. Guaranteed.
I did! (Stop buying) over two months ago after over 5 years!! You are so right on all points!! Money talks ......
6 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Another thought...think of all the hungry children and people in need where we could use our money to help. Money that we would have spent here.

Better that we give it to those worthy causes, than giving it to snakes.
4 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Another thought...think of all the hungry children and people in need where we could use our money to help. Money that we would have spent here.

YES!!! Now THAT makes lots of sense!
3 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago

Before giving to ANY charity look and see these first two thing.
How much of your dollar actually goes to the cause.
And
Look and see how much the heads of said charity pay Themselves!
If they're making a boatload salary, that charity doesn't need my money.

I'd rather take supplies to local Animal Shelters
Take actual food blankets gloves socks to a mission or hand them out in the street.
10 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Catticus wrote:
4 years ago

Before giving to ANY charity look and see these first two thing.
How much of your dollar actually goes to the cause.
And
Look and see how much the heads of said charity pay Themselves!
If they're making a boatload salary, that charity doesn't need my money.

I'd rather take supplies to local Animal Shelters
Take actual food blankets gloves socks to a mission or hand them out in the street.
I agree with you 100%! So many CEOs of non profits make millions a year. Kind of defeats the purpose IMO.
7 x

Jewls

Post by Jewls » 4 years ago

I agree I stopped ordering 3 weeks ago.
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

6 cents of a shoplc order goes to “ hungry” kids. Some organizations take as much as 80% of charity received for their operating expenses. (the Clinton charity took 90% for operating expenses) I check out a charity before I donate. Certainly very few Hungry kids get fed for a few cents. Luckily, here in America our Govt gives FREE school lunches to needy kids. I would have to buy 100 (one Hundred) items, for shoplc to donate $6.00 ( six dollars) so this supposed shoplc telethon needs to reveal that by my buying so hungry kids get fed is worth 6 cents, which they get a tax write-off for anyway.
I am not putting down even 6 cents donated to charity. I just dont think SLC should USE HUNGRY KIDS to tear at our heartstrings, to buy items from them. 6 cents would not feed a mouse.
8 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I hate Charity Businesses! Ugh!

The charities we give to are places like shelters for the homeless, and shelters for abused women; coats, shoes and clothing for them and for their children, since many flee there with nothing but the clothing they have on. They need mattresses, blankets and also "Office Attire", because many of these women need "workplace" clothing because they have nothing to wear to job interviews or jobs. Bras, new underwear, shampoo, makeup, deodorant, jewelry, etc.

Also blankets and food to animal shelters, and we give to VETERANS VETERANS VETERANS.

Also if you see someone homeless who's wrapped in a blanket, you can give them a warm, long coat. I prefer to do it more "hands on". I don't trust the ones that advertise on TV and I change the channel when I see those types. Also the ones you receive in the mail.

Do your research because many are being investigated for misappropriation of funds. Gee...why does that seem soooooo familiar?
8 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I agree Catticus about the charities. Here we do Toys for Tots or the Angel Tree, we choose the ones to buy for and get busy buying them Christmas gifts. I also give to the Veterans because so many in my family served and sacrificed so much. I like to take kibble, toys and blankets to pet shelters that I can. One of our fur babies died last year due to neglect from a new veterinarian since ours couldn’t see him that day. Since then, I have been delivering boxes of things to animal shelters in honor of our little Zip, boxes called Zip Cares😢 But I’ve never heard ShopLC say where in the US they provide meals for hungry children and when they show the video of children in India, it’s huge vats of rice, beans and bread tortillas. I think they need to disclose where in the States they provide meals and videos for us to see. I see in the India videos they cook cheaper foods in large vats and that will go a long way, but I just don’t understand how it shouldn’t be more different types of food they’re serving. Some charities have burned us good and only wanted the money for their own personal gain and we’re very cautious now. But I would like to see the videos of the hosts feeding the children here in the States and see what they’re being fed. I just don’t like them trying to provoke you into buying anything by making you feel guilty about trying to feed a hungry child, to me that’s pressure and I think they’re trying to make a sale. Just my 2 cents and we do give to charities but we usually purchase the things they need or make sure it’s going where they say.
6 x