Re: Communicating with Hosts Live

Post by RareGems » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
@RareGems Welcome.....what took ya
so long? :lol:
Texting usually gets you a reply. Though you could message
them on air, most times they are pretty busy selling and might
not get to look at the messages till off air.
There's a wealth of info on the forum, a lot of great people!
Thank you! I just found the forum as I was searching the website. I never got a reply using the other way.
3 x

bluez

Post by bluez » 4 years ago

I don't think my messages have been acknowledged since I pointed out that the appraisal quote used on the tanzanite ring (#3462221) cut from the Jubilee isn't inlaid, and does not have a wide band. I don't think I've ever seen a ring with inlaid tanzanite on SLC.
bluez
Last edited by bluez 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
They never reply to my request any more, they use to respond when I would send a message on the website, I think I have been black balled lol.
LMAO omg I was JUST thinking the same about myself! They used to always answer me and they don't now! I know they are getting them because Tanner made an interesting comment the other day after I wrote and asked for him to stop interrupting Becky especially when she is about to explain fissure filling! I know what it is but I am sure there are many people out there buying the Niassa and Masola Sapphires without understanding what FF is. The minute she was about to explain it, he interrupted her and said "Ahhhhh Miss Becky, WAIT until you see what is coming up!" It was such an obvious deflection that I felt compelled to comment :lol: :lol:
6 x

Gemaholic

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Also one night they flashed a red diamond ring on the show and I asked about it. Tenner said it was coming up, but they presented a lot of items and was 15 mins left in their show, so I asked about the ring again, but they would not respond and went off air without showing the ring. I was never able to purchase it. Another night, Tenner was presenting a rubellite ring that I was most interested in. I texted the word occlusion, meaning I wanted to know if it had any occlusions, but Tenner misunderstood and got very angry at my text and began speaking hatefully as though I offended him about his little gemstone. Needless to say, I did not purchase the ring, but have since purchased a rubellite elsewhere. I needed one to complete my collection: Indicolite, Paraiba, and now rubellite. The few times I have texted anyone since then I was ignored. So, I guess you have to ask them the right question that will help them sell the product, or be able to phrase a question in a way to walk on eggshells with the people, or text with with a compliment to feed their vanity.
I've sent compliments to Karen and Shawn and they didn't comment. I just think they are being ultra picky about what comments they choose, whereas in the past they would pretty much answer everything coming in.

They're not afraid to admit if something is graded or not. I've actually bought pieces that weren't graded but are obviously AA or AAA tanzanite. I'm very familiar with the stone though. With that same token, I have disagreed with some of their AAA gradings and think they over-graded a few that I own. What did Tanner say to you? Was this two nights ago? I wrote a message about him being rude cutting off Becky as she is explaining fissure filling as it looks dishonest on SLC's part. He looked angry and said something like "Don't send angry emails to me because they stay on record here and everyone sees them!" He then tried to be slick and cover it up like it was regarding the next auction. They must think we are all stupid.
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Also one night they flashed a red diamond ring on the show and I asked about it. Tenner said it was coming up, but they presented a lot of items and was 15 mins left in their show, so I asked about the ring again, but they would not respond and went off air without showing the ring. I was never able to purchase it. Another night, Tenner was presenting a rubellite ring that I was most interested in. I texted the word occlusion, meaning I wanted to know if it had any occlusions, but Tenner misunderstood and got very angry at my text and began speaking hatefully as though I offended him about his little gemstone. Needless to say, I did not purchase the ring, but have since purchased a rubellite elsewhere. I needed one to complete my collection: Indicolite, Paraiba, and now rubellite. The few times I have texted anyone since then I was ignored. So, I guess you have to ask them the right question that will help them sell the product, or be able to phrase a question in a way to walk on eggshells with the people, or text with with a compliment to feed their vanity.
I've sent compliments to Karen and Shawn and they didn't comment. I just think they are being ultra picky about what comments they choose, whereas in the past they would pretty much answer everything coming in.

They're not afraid to admit if something is graded or not. I've actually bought pieces that weren't graded but are obviously AA or AAA tanzanite. I'm very familiar with the stone though. With that same token, I have disagreed with some of their AAA gradings and think they over-graded a few that I own. What did Tanner say to you? Was this two nights ago? I wrote a message about him being rude cutting off Becky as she is explaining fissure filling as it looks dishonest on SLC's part. He looked angry and said something like "Don't send angry emails to me because they stay on record here and everyone sees them!" He then tried to be slick and cover it up like it was regarding the next auction. They must think we are all stupid.
Good to know Tenner, good to know.
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

They block some people from texting the Hosts. Not because you are disrespectful. They dont like to know that the identical item is cheaper on Amazon. They also dont want you tell Tenner to please stop playing the FAKE PRICE MISTAKE GAME. They dont warn you that you will be or are blocked. They just do it.
7 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

Welcome to the message boards Rare Gems.
3 x

Gemaholic

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
They block some people from texting the Hosts. Not because you are disrespectful. They dont like to know that the identical item is cheaper on Amazon. They also dont want you tell Tenner to please stop playing the FAKE PRICE MISTAKE GAME. They dont warn you that you will be or are blocked. They just do it.
UGHHH are you serious?! This is so misleading! They market themselves as a family and make you think you have this direct connection with them! It's such a lie! I think people have a right to know the correct info. Actually, we are protecting SLC too be informing them so they can correct their problems and avoid another class action lawsuit! Whatever, at this point, we all know we have to fact check everything they say because they are not being fully honest. They're asking for another lawsuit.
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago

Uh, no it was not. Has been awhile back, he was working with Jessica.
And last night I texted a request to Niki and she responded, so go figure?
@Gemsnob

Did you mean it's good to know what Tenner said, because now we know emails to them stay on record? I hope they do!
2 x

Gemaholic

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Uh, no it was not. Has been awhile back, he was working with Jessica.
And last night I texted a request to Niki and she responded, so go figure?
@Gemsnob

Did you mean it's good to know what Tenner said, because now we know emails to them stay on record? I hope they do!

Haha I think she did mean that! I was laughing when I read that because that was pretty much what I was thinking when he scolded me on air and said that. Man I wish he would have said my name or area code. :lol: :lol:
1 x