Slow down, please!

Gemsnob

Re: Slow down, please!

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Jt wrote:
4 years ago
I would love to see the Hosts present their wares with No static or "electrifying shock treatment".
I believe, mind you, it is only proper for me to speak for myself. However I think people have had enough of all the rhetoric thus far and find that all the hoopla to cause unneeded anxiety. I don't see other shopping channels acting this way...
Primarily, We are going to purchase based on the product and not all the sales pitch.
I guess the ShopLC team employees think that this theatrical manner of selling brings in the dollars?
I think not.
Please this is not show biz or drama demonstration...it is a shopping channel for goodness sake.
I believe Shoplc is more concerned with making it a fun work environment rather than a professional, mature environment. They tolerate even encourage behavior that no other network or even workplace would put up with. It doesn't help that it is a company owned and now run by foreigners. They come across as people that have little respect for what women have to say.
6 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 4 years ago

Jt wrote:
4 years ago
I would love to see the Hosts present their wares with No static or "electrifying shock treatment".
I believe, mind you, it is only proper for me to speak for myself. However I think people have had enough of all the rhetoric thus far and find that all the hoopla to cause unneeded anxiety. I don't see other shopping channels acting this way...
Primarily, We are going to purchase based on the product and not all the sales pitch.
I guess the ShopLC team employees think that this theatrical manner of selling brings in the dollars?
I think not.
Please this is not show biz or drama demonstration...it is a shopping channel for goodness sake.
Well said!!!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Kittycat wrote:
4 years ago
Adi, please quit talking so fast. You are NOT an auctioneer!
I was painting when that was happening...almost threw my brush across the room. It WAS nerve-wracking. 🤪
1 x

ChiChi2

Post by ChiChi2 » 4 years ago

Adi, quit saying "ladies and gentlemen " over and over and over. It's insane. The customers deserve better than this
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

At 3:30am I turned the channel over to SLC just to see.....And what I got was high end Tanzanite and an earful of Adi playing auctioneer which should never happen especially this early in the morning....channel changed
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
At 3:30am I turned the channel over to SLC just to see.....And what I got was high end Tanzanite and an earful of Adi playing auctioneer which should never happen especially this early in the morning....channel changed
Agree! And I'm wearing earplugs! (Long story!) I changed the channel to "Alfred Hitchcock Presents." Problem solved!
🥰
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

????????
3 x

Gypsy

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
????????
I KNOW ❗❗❗

@Catticus

Please. DO TELL ❗🤗❗🤗❗💃
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

😂🤣😅😆🤣😅😂😆🤣😆😅😂

I know. I know. They're not all the way in, though.

It has to do with living with two hard of hearing people who do not realize how extremely loud they are being, nor how loud the TV is when they're watching it.

It also has to do with my sensitivity to noise. If I'm in my room here, I can hear it when someone sets even a fork on the counter in the kitchen. When my mother sets something down on counters, etc., she doesn't realize how loud she's being, and she can't fully feel things when holding them. A small can being set down on the table or counter, sounds like a rifle shot.
😵😖🤯

She doesn't shut things like the microwave or cupboards. She SLAMS them closed. One of these days that microwave handle is going to come off in her hand.

I can hear full conversations when I'm in another room, even a room that's the furthest away.

I swear I can even hear grass growing.
😄

My sis and I have been this way since infancy. Our parents say we have Bionic Ears.
👂🏻👶🏻👂🏻👶🏻👂🏻

It's really not that "Fancy Smancy." It's actually debilitating at times. It's "hyperacusis." We never ever got a full night's rest as infants, toddlers and while growing up.

Noises we cannot bear are different than some listed for this disorder. Most noises we cannot bear are "people made noises." Not machinery, but things like certain music (and instruments involved) the TV or people making mumbling sounds, snoring, people talking when we're trying to sleep, etc.

Look up "HSP". It's what my sis and I "are".

"Highly Sensitive Person."

It doesn't mean merely FEELINGS. It has to do with too much "stimulation" for too long. Lights, sounds, visual, etc.

It's a nightmare! Our dad is this way. Hates noise. Hates crowds.

And...this is the desert...and the desert has...bugs. All kinds, and in all shapes and sizes. Doesn't matter how much house cleaning a person does...they're a part of desert life. So earplugs are VITAL when sleeping! I can still hear well with them in.
🤢
🦗 🕷 🦂 🐞 🐜 🐝
4 x

Gypsy

@Catticus

Yikes 😳 my hearing is good but not THAT good
Although I'm the neighbor that has to tell the manager when smoke detectors in other apartments need thier batteries changed because apparently I.am the ONLY person that hears them tweet 😳🤪😳🤪😳
My hubby's hearing was bad from bombs and machine guns..war
But when VA tested his hearing I was told "Yes he's deaf but hes not deaf enough "🤔 they didnt want to pay for hearing aids , so everything at our house was on LOUD 😁 Gypsy
3 x