Prices going up after live tv presentation

Catticus

Re: Prices going up after live tv presentation

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I was going to write that very same thing, RS. Only this is what I was ready to type: "I honestly don't think they're savvy enough."

Only I wasn't going to use the word "savvy."
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

No kidding, you’d think we were investing in oil futures or something 🙄
Heres my two cents on the constantly changing prices. Ive heard hosts at JTV say that they always have to explain why their prices are so much lower than out in retail, that people dont believe the gems are real and some wont purchase because its so low. I think Shoplc is doing this as a "study" per se, to keep track of how many items are sold at which price. Every week they are picking up new markets as their channel is added to new channel line ups. People watch and shop at different times of day. Not that what they are doing is rational as they could really just send out surveys but then you depend on honesty and people actually doing the surveys. Thats just my two cents.
That would require a LOT of thought put into it and a LOT of effort. Meh...I don’t see SLC putting that much effort into anything really.
Charts, graphs, stats, etc. I don’t is their forte.
Then the only reason they are doing it is because they can? Why not raise the price and leave it up? They are paying someone to play with prices for no reason.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Heres my two cents on the constantly changing prices. Ive heard hosts at JTV say that they always have to explain why their prices are so much lower than out in retail, that people dont believe the gems are real and some wont purchase because its so low. I think Shoplc is doing this as a "study" per se, to keep track of how many items are sold at which price. Every week they are picking up new markets as their channel is added to new channel line ups. People watch and shop at different times of day. Not that what they are doing is rational as they could really just send out surveys but then you depend on honesty and people actually doing the surveys. Thats just my two cents.
That would require a LOT of thought put into it and a LOT of effort. Meh...I don’t see SLC putting that much effort into anything really.
Charts, graphs, stats, etc. I don’t is their forte.
Then the only reason they are doing it is because they can? Why not raise the price and leave it up? They are paying someone to play with prices for no reason.
I actually have no idea why. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. Maybe they are only willing to sell “x” number of a certain item at a certain price, then “xx” number of the same item for another tier level price.
I just don’t know.
Most of the time it seems random but maybe it’s not.
1 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I think SLC is just flying by the seat of their pants.
1 x

AJG

Post by AJG » 4 years ago

What are the names of the 2 hosts currently on air?

Thanks!
0 x

AJG

Post by AJG » 4 years ago

Thanks!
0 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

AJG wrote:
4 years ago

Thanks!
Blake & Dionne
0 x