Virus is spreading

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Virus is spreading

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@Hollie
Seems they were testing animals for viruses, etc. at a lab in Wuhan, China. These animals, bats snakes, etc. were supposed to be incinerated after the experiments on them. Some employees wanted to make money out of selling the snakes to a live animal market ( in China the people eat snakes as a delicacy) so they didnt destroy the snakes. well thats how they claim it began. The problem was that the Wuhan officials tried to hide the outbreak. That allowed infected people to travel via plane, etc. and spread the virus. By the time they closed exits from Wuhan, half the population left. 2 top officials from Wuhan were fired.
Italy just closed. Millions under quarantine
Iran threatening official who revealed that there are many more infected, many more deaths.
Israel has thousands under quarantine. Many schools closed.
Some Israeli scientists claim they are close to perfecting a vaccine against Covid-19 🙏🏻
Amtrak cancelling some trains due to decreased passengers.
Some New jersey schools and businesses having kids learn from
home, and some workers work from home.
YU college closing in New York.
All airlines cancelled flights to China.
China offering to pay airlines to resume travel there.
WE NEED GOD TO INTERVENE QUICK 🙏🏻
2 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I can not believe how stupid some people are, a state law maker here in my state who had just returned from Italy went to the state house (5 mins. away from where I live) for a meeting at the state house and when the other law makers found out that she had just returned from there they told her to self quarantine until she new she did not have the virus, if you can not even trust those in government to make smart decisions than we are in serious trouble.
3 x

Gem Lover

PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. —
U.S. citizens, particularly travelers with underlying health conditions, should not travel by cruise ship, an advisory from the U.S. State Department said Sunday.

The advisory was issued because, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there is an increased risk of being infected with the coronavirus on cruises.

Passengers with plans to travel by cruise ship should contact their cruise line companies directly for further information, the State Department said.
3 x

Gem Lover

In order to curb the spread of COVID-19, many countries have implemented strict screening procedures that have denied port entry rights to ships and prevented passengers from disembarking.

The State Department said that while the U.S. government has evacuated some cruise ship passengers in recent weeks, repatriation flights should not be relied upon as an option for U.S. citizens under the potential risk of quarantine by local authorities. The news comes as a cruise ship hit by the new coronavirus and headed to the port of Oakland, California, will remain in international waters for at least another day as officials work on plans to transport passengers to facilities around the country.
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Grand Princess cruise passengers are quarantined on military bases. No way Do I remember us going through this nightmare with any virus or flu before, in my lifetime.
Am I just not remembering ? Seems we are close to our cities in complete shutdown😰 How are parents going to go to work, if schools are closed?
There is hoarding going on in supermarkets. Maybe its panic, MAYBE ITS WARRANTED 😱
I MIGHT HAVE TO HAVE A LONG TALK TO GOD AGAIN🤔
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Hollie

There are many many viruses classified as Corona including the common cold and many types of flu. This one is called Covid-19 because it is a COrona VIrus Discovered in December 2019. This one is extremely unusual as it is conveyed by both warm blooded and cold blooded animals. That is one reason they don't know if an infected bat was eaten by a snake or if an infected snake bit a bat. Vicky is on to something here.

Lysol is effective against viruses and so is a good choice. Here at the US epicenter (yes that Econo Lodge quarantine place is here) sanitizing wipes (and a lot of other supplies) have been unavailable in the stores for days. I keep a small container that has a tight phitting lid filled with rubbing alcohol with several sturdy paper towels packed in it for wiping down surfaces. You need the lid, as this evaporates very quickly. Since there are also no supplies of hand sanitizer I dragged out my 1 gallon container of aloe vera gel and whipped up 70% alcohol to 30% aloe and put it in my pump lotion bottles and in my mini sample bottles for use on the go. Most commercial products are only 60 to 65% alcohol so mine is better. It also doesn't dry out the skin on your hands as fast either. (I'll sell ya a bottle for $100-JUST KIDDING) One does not want any cracks in the skin, no matter how minute, as that is a direct route into the body!

Speaking of drying out, you should keep a tea kettle or small pan on the stove with water in it on low, or a vaporizer going, because in the winter the heated indoor air can really dry out your mucous membranes. Moist membranes are healthy membranes! Dry ones are susceptible to disease.

And Gem Lover is right There is NO WAY under the current circumstances you could drag me kicking and screaming on a commercial airplane or a cruise ship. Or to a concert or a big convention.

Well, gotta go. My neighbor lady (80 and uses a walker) needs a tire changed and there is no way she can do it herself. You would think one of the young bucks in the neighborhood would volunteer, but noooooo. It appears the bulb to her left brake light is unplugged too so I will do that while I am at it, as long as it doesn't need a new bulb. I can't walk a mile and a half to the auto parts store.

Tomorrow is an new day.

Prayers to all tonight and tomorrow morning.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen
Way to improvise on the hand sanitizer!

Hope your dreams are sweet release from the chaos that surrounds you.💞
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Ever the improviser am I!

Sweet dreams right back at ya our Awesome Blossom!

Prayers said for all as always. Sleep peacefully my friends.
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Is it just me or is anyone else just a wee bit hesitant to place orders (from anywhere)?? So many things are made in China & with the all the unknowns about this virus...IDK.

Can we be confident that it does not live on surfaces any longer than they say? :?
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Is it just me or is anyone else just a wee bit hesitant to place orders (from anywhere)?? So many things are made in China & with the all the unknowns about this virus...IDK.

Can we be confident that it does not live on surfaces any longer than they say? :?
I'll just use hand sanitizer otherwise I might as well not pick up ANY of my mail or touch anything outside of my home and I refuse to be that afraid. I will be aware and I will use wipes and wash my hands
3 x