SOCIAL DISTANCING?

JewelryQueen

Re: SOCIAL DISTANCING?

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Rolltide

You bet your sweet biffy I called the cops. They said since I didn't get a close look at them, and it didn't happen to me, I couldn't do much except be a coroborrating witness IF (not WHEN) the victim made a complaint and pressed charges. I don't know if he knew these kids or not, but as shook up as he was I have a feeling he will not follow through.

I CANNOT abide people abusing the elderly, children or animals. In other words the defenseless. If these young'uns want to beat the crap out of each other I don't have a problem with that, as long as it is a fair fight.
6 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen

Yes! What Rolltide said! !
You (as in all of us) know it's only going to get worse!
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Rolltide and @Blossom

I usually only go to the store once a week and that is Wednesday. I'm considering asking Mel (Mike The Roomie's coffee buddy) who is a Vietnam Vet and one tough little guy, to drive me and accompany me in and out even though it is less than 3 blocks away. I don't like to bother him, or anyone else either. Also, I would like to think I can take care of myself. That being said, three on one and I don't think I would be victorious. Maybe 10 or 20 years ago... but now? Probably, realistically, no.

Now I wish I still had my revolver. And yes, if I needed to I would use it.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Rolltide and @Blossom

I usually only go to the store once a week and that is Wednesday. I'm considering asking Mel (Mike The Roomie's coffee buddy) who is a Vietnam Vet and one tough little guy, to drive me and accompany me in and out even though it is less than 3 blocks away. I don't like to bother him, or anyone else either. Also, I would like to think I can take care of myself. That being said, three on one and I don't think I would be victorious. Maybe 10 or 20 years ago... but now? Probably, realistically, no.

Now I wish I still had my revolver. And yes, if I needed to I would use it.
JewelryQueen
That sounds like a VERY GOOD PLAN. ❣
Staying safe #1 priority -Gypsy 💜💜
3 x

Pupa

Post by Pupa » 4 years ago

:lol:
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
They said a mask & gloves was all that was needed to go to the grocery store.

They lied.

Everybody else had clothes on!
🤪🤣🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪
5 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

So our small county of 42,000 has just announced that we have our first confirmed case of Coronavirus. I knew it was just a matter of time, here we go...........Angelflutter. :cry:
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
So our small county of 42,000 has just announced that we have our first confirmed case of Coronavirus. I knew it was just a matter of time, here we go...........Angelflutter. :cry:
🥺 PLEASE stay safe
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
4 years ago
@Angelflutter

I know. It's awful. 😢

The city I'm in had a population of under 30,000 as of the 2010 census. We've had quite a lot of people moving here since then, so I don't know what the population is now. I'm sure it's past 40,000 or more. But it's still a small city.

We just received notice yesterday that we have a confirmed case of COVID-19 in our city.

Our county has had six deaths from COVID-19 and 31 coronavirus infections, with 24 of them contracted locally.

I believe we have more cases, though. People often don't know they have it.

I just figure that it's "everywhere."
☹️
2 x

Catticus

Well who do ya' believe?

I just looked it up and it says our county has 9 confirmed cases but no deaths yet.

The 6 deaths and 31 infections I mentioned above were a neighboring county.

I believe there are lots of people who have had it and don't even know they did, and lots who have it and aren't sure.
1 x

Catticus

Speaking of, I have a brother-in-law over 55 years of age who in either January or February was feeling tired and out of breath. He also had a cough. He said he felt "winded" just walking. He went to the doctor thinking he had the flu. The doctor checked him out and said he didn't have a temperature, his lungs were clear and he didn't seem to have anything wrong with him. He came home and soon it passed and he's fine, now.

Looking back, I can't help but wonder.
1 x