Cheryl

Blossom

Re: Cheryl

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
It isn’t just Cheryl that yells. Tenner does it, Dan Dennis did it. The more excited they seem the more product they sell. Watch the quantity counter on the screen.
That’s why I prefer to watch Shawn Wilsie and Karen. They know how to present the jewelry. They consistently show inside/outside/side views/measurements and on the hand. They also respect the customers!
More Shawn and Karen screen time!!!
Yes, please!
3 x

jojoschis

Post by jojoschis » 4 years ago

Cheryl has no class and acts in a very unprofessional manner. She reminds me of a used car salesman. The only shop LC hosts that act professionally and don't yell are Sara C., Katie and Craig. But, yelling at me does not make me want to buy the product...it makes me change the channel to JTV!!!
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

It's not necessary for a presenter/ host to be loud. There are billions of people watching them. Cheryl needs to be less louder. I think she is the female version of former host Dan Dennis.
Last edited by Margui 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Blossom

Kinda think Ankur trumps Cheryl! Does he ever pause long enough to take a breath! Geez!!
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

I like Cheryl, is she loud.....absolutely yes,.but I have a little magic box that when I press & hold the button the volume goes down !!!!! Because some people are simply naturally loud....I have an Aunt, a loud woman, and she'll tell you that loud is how she rolls. So I know I cant control how loud some hosts are but I can control the volumn on my tv and I can still enjoy the programming and the presentations so that's what I do
4 x

Mag

Post by Mag » 4 years ago

I used to watch Cheryl on JTV, that's where she used to host. I think (I do NOT know) that she quit JTV b/c she was required to restrain herself from talking loudly and being herself 'on air', I could tell. She was/is VERY knowledgeable about gemstones.... period. I appreciate her knowledge and like her jovial attitude, I always did at JTV and I was thrilled when she started with Shop LC. I agree that she gets a little boisterous, but the only reason, I think, that she asks for the camera to come back is that she wants to talk to everyone sincerely and she wants to make sure that everyone sees her face and her demeanor and knows that she's being sincere, truthful, and excited. She is truly fired up about what she's doing, and wants EVERYONE to feel the same way. I have checked out some of the things she's spoken about and it's ALWAYS truthful, I'll say that for her. And would you rather have a quiet host who isn't near as knowledgeable as she is.... I wouldn't. It's a trade off.... It's worth a little loud talk to have someone who knows her 'stuff'.. that's my opinion.
3 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

I used to watch Cheryl on JTV as well.
Her show Late Night Rocks was the bomb!
I learned a ton from her about gems. She’s
absolutely an encyclopedia of knowledge.
I also enjoy Becky who is a GIA grad as well.
I wish they’d both talk more about the gems
and less about the hard selling. The gems
are what we’re interested in. When they go
into gem geek mode is when it’s exciting
to watch. I also think SLC should showcase
their loose gemstones more but let Cheryl
and Becky do these shows. Tenner comes
off like a used car salesman. Cheryl left JTV
when she found out the company lied to
everyone about red andesine being completely
natural. Her reputation as a grad gemologist was
on the line and who would want to work for
outright liers? When she quit I respected her
even more but I still missed seeing her. The other
night she got to do a show by herself and it
was amazing
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Nice comments Spooky, and I've learned alot about gemstones from her also, shes probably forgotten more about gems then I'll ever know. I've only seen her at Shoplc and she grabbed my attention and made me listen and smile. Like I've stated before she does get loud but I have a remote with volumn control.
3 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Gypsy I do the same!
1 x

Blossom

I still want to see more of the jewelry regardless of who the host happens to be!
4 x