Cheryl

Gem Lover

Cheryl

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I have something that is driving me crazy. I am not sure if Cheryl heard this comment someplace else or from some other host recently but she is constantly saying and I quote " Can we come and talk to you for a minute?" She says it so often that I counted her saying it 5 times on one item alone and she does it with every single item that is presented. Tonight she was on with Stacy and she again said the same thing over and over, at one point Stacy left and Cheryl still kept saying " can we come and talk to you for a minute?", then she caught herself saying we when she was alone and said I but then she did it three more times and at that point she said Stacy had left to go work on something for tomorrow's show. I have been listening to this for 2 weeks now and I can no longer take it, I ended up changing the station just so I would not have to hear her say it one more time. Why even keep asking that? Why not just say what you have to say, if we are watching we have to listen so why ask us if you can come talk to us, you already are talking to us about the product. I hope someone at the network sees this and brings it to her attention or I will watch another network while she is on, don't get me wrong I like Cheryl, I have nothing against her but it is driving me nuts, it is like listening to someone who has had to much to drink repeating the same thing over and over. Sorry, I am done vening now.
17 x

RS

Re: Cheryl

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover...she says that when the camera is off her and on the item she is presenting. She says it to direct the camera back TO her so she can address the t.v. audience.
6 x

Kb

Post by Kb » 4 years ago

I understand that. But too much time is on the host and not enough on the jewelry. I get tired of the video replays of the item. I want to see the real thing up close, like Karen does
17 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

KB I do agree with that completely. There’s far too much banter with the camera on that rather than the item.
14 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Darn tootin we want to see the ring on a real finger hand.... half the time live presentation is a host talking and no shots of ring at all!!!!
15 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 4 years ago

I also totally agree we want more close ups and show the rings on your “ring” finger first, then show it on other fingers if the host wishes to. Even on their replay videos lots of times they don’t even show the item they are talking about. I like to watch the video replays before I purchase a item.
15 x

bluez

Post by bluez » 4 years ago

If someone gets loud & aggressive in my home, I kick them out. Same goes for the TV, loud & aggressive makes me change the channel.
Bluez
15 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

I agree with everyone but we have to remember that she works in a male dominated workplace. Most of the camera people are guys who are set in their ways. I don’t see the big deal with changing from still picture to the host to the live shot of the jewelry. Very elementary camera work. She asks politely if she can come talk to the audience and she’s basically asking the camera guys to change the shot. She’s also trying to avoid a hostile work environment
7 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

I love Cheryl leave her alone u should have to talk for as long as she does i wish I had her energy ! Boston irish
11 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

bluez wrote:
4 years ago
If someone gets loud & aggressive in my home, I kick them out. Same goes for the TV, loud & aggressive makes me change the channel.
Bluez
When Cheryl first started, I had to write in. She kept SHOUTING! I'd get the baby down and suddenly this woman was screeching. Scared the baby to pieces! :| i wish she'd tone it down.
16 x