Cheryl

Kb

Re: Cheryl.......

Post by Kb » 4 years ago

I like cheryl. I think she has a bubbly personality. But just to loud for this type of job she holds. I turn it down so low, because I cant handle her screaming. Shop lc need to have her tone it down. Any time I'm not shown the jewelry no matter who the host is, I switch channels.
3 x

Dazzler1

Post by Dazzler1 » 4 years ago

I love Cheryl, but my husband makes me turn it off when she comes on because she is so effusive and loud. Although I love her passion, it’s like being yelled at. Same with Tenner yelling “go” all the time.
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I like Cheryl, but none of your comments bother me at all. We all have different personalities and likes vs. dislikes. I can even understand what you mean about the things regarding Cheryl that you don't care for.

I would not tell you to change the channel because you might like what's being sold when she's on. You might like the other host.

It is not a requirement when you join SLC that you MUST like Cheryl as a host. It is also not illegal if you do not like Cheryl as a host.

If a "Cheryl Fan Club" is allowed on this forum, then comments from members who dislike the way she hosts the show should also be allowed here.

I watch her and laugh. Maybe I have not seen enough of her shows to hear for myself what you're each saying.

The point is, it doesn't bother me WHO you prefer or do not prefer as hosts on SLC. It doesn't matter to me. Nor does it bother me when members comment about how they feel SLC needs to have her tone it down, or not to do this, or that.

They're your opinions; they're your feelings. If you don't like the way she acts as a host, I can't place any blame on you. It's not "wrong" for you to feel the way you do.

I watched her the other night and was waiting for the shouting and things people like about her (or dislike about her) and she wasn't doing anything much except talking about a necklace. Then it was time for another set of hosts.

To each their own. Arguing about who likes her way of hosting a show isn't going to come to anything. It's pointless.

If you feel the need to vent about her, it doesn't upset me or make me angry. And I'm in her "Fan Club"! 😆

If you feel the need to turn the volume down, or you don't feel you should have to because you want to watch but can't, then write what you feel here, or also to SLC. That's your prerogative.

I just wanted you to know that you have nothing to worry about from me as in being outnumbered, etc.

It is MY opinion that YOUR opinion does NOT have to be the same as MY opinion.

Woah...did that make sense?! 😳 🤪 🥳 🥰 😝
3 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

At the other end of the spectrum, you have the Gem Shopping Network where it seems a good 20-30 percent of the time it is just dead air. Seriously, just a turntable spinning without a clue as to what is on it. I don't know how they even sell anything as they must have two telephone lines and then the rep will say they don't know what you're talking about because they don't have a tv monitor to view the merchandise and the nitwit pretending to sell doesn't give item numbers. Out of twenty items on the table the host might deign to show 2 or 3 when a caller asks to see it.

Had to stop watching it because I was going bald from pulling my hair out. :P The network must be someone's hobby because it certainly isn't run as a business.
3 x

Teachergirl

Post by Teachergirl » 4 years ago

I totally agree. I have sent numerous e mails to SLC management to no avail. Cheryl screams like a fish wife. It is grating and unprofessional. I realize I either have to change the channel or turn off the sound. I don't know how any other host Can work with her. There are hosts that are great. She is Not is of them.
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Let me start off by saying I really like Cheryl but what I don't care for is the Alpha domination of the other hosts presenting with her. I think some of the hosts have learned to just stand there and listen because they know that if they start to speak she will just interrupt. It is okay for her to talk and dominate the presentation without showing the item but when the other hosts start to talk about the item she constantly interrupts and that can be irritating. I don't want to hear "this will never be lower" again because it will be lower...just wait a couple of days and it will be on 20, 25, or 30 percent off.

I think that Shop LC should just allow her to present by herself and hopefully we will see her actually try on the jewelry. When I first started watching it was "I always have my hands in dirt" as an excuse why she can't try on the jewelry. That is fine...just let the other host try it on and stop interrupting them when you think they are talking too slow. The other day Shannon stated that a particular mine may be closing and we may not be able to get this gem"...something I have hear all of the other host say including Cheryl. However, this particular day Cheryl interrupts and says "we will be able to buy it just will have to pay more for it" Really.

Don't get me started on Tenner (Ehhh Go will dominate when he is selling items he wants to sell), Nikki (constantly singing), AD (shouts and dominates presentation), Craig ( who also dominates the presentation with his boring analogies), Stacy ( constantly saying "you need to jump on this...Ya'll don't want to miss this...works my last nerve and when she is on YES I will turn the channel), and the new lady Shawn (just plain talks too much). I don't care how Shop LC runs its company but there are other options and why should someone have to turn the channel when jewelry items are being presented. Those items should be presented in a professional manner with enough information about the item that will engage the buyer/shopper. Perhaps there needs to be balance along with the entertainment...more facts and shots of the item and less entertainment...IJS
8 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 4 years ago

Why don't they just tell you the selling price instead of making you wait until your size/color is gone. They say everyone pays the lowest price but I have been charged the higher price and had to call for a credit.
2 x

Catticus

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
At the other end of the spectrum, you have the Gem Shopping Network where it seems a good 20-30 percent of the time it is just dead air. Seriously, just a turntable spinning without a clue as to what is on it. I don't know how they even sell anything as they must have two telephone lines and then the rep will say they don't know what you're talking about because they don't have a tv monitor to view the merchandise and the nitwit pretending to sell doesn't give item numbers. Out of twenty items on the table the host might deign to show 2 or 3 when a caller asks to see it.

Had to stop watching it because I was going bald from pulling my hair out. :P The network must be someone's hobby because it certainly isn't run as a business.
😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆🤣😂

I've seen that turntable! I watched it going around and around and around and there was nobody talking! Just jewelry crammed onto a turntable, and it slowly turning around and around...

Then all of a sudden I heard a voice and I nearly jumped out of my skin! I have no memory of what the man said (which right there tells you something) and I thought "Are they trying to hypnotize us into buying? Well it isn't working because that turntable is putting me to sleep!"

It IS quite dazzling, I do admit! And, now I know what to watch when I can't sleep! 💤 😴 💤 😴 💤 😴 💤
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

hey, i've seen that turntable a time or two also!!! but they were so busy, i mean sooo busy
and i never saw any faces. a guy would pick up a ring for a moment and then a girls hand,
(maybe Thing?) would show up in the shot and the guy would put a ring on it!!!!
Cat......you crack me up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
3 x

Catticus

jojosmom wrote:
4 years ago
Why don't they just tell you the selling price instead of making you wait until your size/color is gone. They say everyone pays the lowest price but I have been charged the higher price and had to call for a credit.
It's actually quite frightening to me that there are people out there who REALLY believe the "act" the hosts put on about lowering the price.

These people actually believe that the one host who is "surprised" really did not know the final price while saying: "WHAT?! No way! Are you KIDDING me?!"

And when they act like they're going to get into trouble for lowering the price??????? 😠 😡 😠

STOP!!! PLEASE!!! JUST STOP!!!

IT IS "INSULTING" YOUR VIEWERS!

Too many of us have seen "The Act"! How could we not, since you do it EVERY TIME!?!

But, there are people who believe it! 😮 There MUST be, or they would not keep doing it!

And THAT thought SERIOUSLY scares me. 🥺 😧 🙀 😧 🥺
5 x