Cheryl

Hollie

Re: Cheryl

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Anya wrote:
4 years ago
Seriously, this topic has been discussed ad-nauseum! I like Cheryl. She’s not going anywhere, so turn down the volume and/or change the channel. It is not going to change!! Complain about real issues...geez!
If ur tired of a topic, just change threads.

I don't watch or buy when she's on.
And how do you know what will or won't change? Are you SLC staff or owner? If you are, I'll submit my complaints to you.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Anya wrote:
4 years ago
Seriously, this topic has been discussed ad-nauseum! I like Cheryl. She’s not going anywhere, so turn down the volume and/or change the channel. It is not going to change!! Complain about real issues...geez!

And how do you know what will or won't change? Are you SLC staff or owner? If you are, I'll submit my complaints to you.
👏applause! I dont understand whats wrong with disgussing? We werent being mean.
5 x

Gemsnob

If its been discussed that much then DO SOMETHING SHOPLC! Isnt there any accountabilty? Or drug testing?
3 x

Hollie

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
And about the comment about to complain about real issues-geez! I think this is a real issue that needs to be addressed. I’m voicing my opinion and I don’t like the antics of yelling and screaming. It’s not normal and I don’t like it personally. Ginger 🌹
She said on-air just this past week that she's quiet off-set.
That means she acts that way on purpose.
If SLC wants to give her a paycheck for running customers off, that's their business.
It won't be with my money tho.
4 x

Hollie

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
Anya wrote:
4 years ago

👏applause! I dont understand whats wrong with disgussing? We werent being mean.
There's nothing wrong with it.
I love when someone tries to scold me. 😂
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Totally agree Gemsnob, I too watched on the other networks she was at. Nothing like what is going on here and being tolerated. I was watching with Katie, I think yesterday or the day before, and they got on the subject of Craig and Josh. Cheryl pipped up and said yeah Josh has lots of blackheads too. I would have been mortified at something like this being told to millions of viewers. On the other networks, she was calm and professional, my problem is that I saw her show where she said she’s loud and proud-if we didn’t like it then turn down the volume because she wasn’t going to change. I found this unprofessional and don’t see other hosts doing this at the major networks. I’m not bashing anyone, merely stating facts. When I am watching, I don’t expect to be screamed or yelled at, I’m a nervous person anyway and that just makes it worse on me. So I understand what you’re saying, happy evening to you and everyone. Ginger 🌹
My like/dislike of Cheryl is like a roller-coaster. In the past, before I found this forum, I always changed the channel when she was on. Then I found this forum and was somewhat relieved to find other people felt the same as I - but then others were pro-Cheryl too - so I thought that maybe "I" was not being fair to her. She did seem to calm down for awhile. Through different presentations - I learned a few things she told about herself that made her soften my heart towards her. I was thinking, okay....she's cool. My rollercoaster started going up hill. I felt she had redeeming qualities as a host and maybe I was too critical.

This past week, I was watching her and my Cheryl rollercoaster reached the peak of the hill - but then it plummeted down. Her jokes are so unprofessional that I got embarrassed in my own home - but especially for Katie who was co-hosting with her. They were hawking house slippers and discussing the soles of the slippers which apparently, had a lot of cushion. In Cheryl fashion, she said something like "the more cushion for the pushin' - and looked straight at the camera with her mouth open and smiling.....there was an awkward silence from Katie and then she nervously began talking about the slippers. Katie was red. I was like, omg. gross. I do not want the image of Cheryl even suggesting the "thing" about pushin' into cushions. :lol: Ummm, no. no. Get Cheryl's cushion out of my mind.

But the next day, I figured "I" was a prude and forget about it. Today, she was on with Katie's husband (I forget his name - the angry man host - he seems kinda controlling to me like he wishes to be the only one on set), well Cheryl nose-dived on him! They were chatting while a product was being bought at the lowest price discussing France/French language etc.... Cheryl then asked him to say in French language, " how do you say "who cut the cheese?" - O.M.G....the male co-host (Katie's husband) said, "what?" Cheryl repeated it!!! He said it in English very awkwardly but looked mortified and looked directly into the camera and did a funny face like "so sorry." Cheryl got the best of him. I was embarrassed for him, for me, for SLC .... so now I have two images of Cheryl - pushing the cushion and cutting the cheese!

Needless to say my Cheryl roller coaster is going down fast. Is it the end of the ride? I don't know. Right now, I don't care for her. She started screaming again - and my life is too stressful already to have a loud voice screaming at me...but yet I want to see what's for sale too. Heck, that's why I watch so much SLC - maybe they have something I can't live without. I also watch a lot of SLC because I don't want to hear loud/silly/commercials all day about new prescription drugs (b/c I have every symptom for every commercial) or listen to depressing/stressing news.

Anyway, maybe the rollercoaster will start rising again....but today, no to the Cheryl.
8 x

Gemsnob

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Totally agree Gemsnob, I too watched on the other networks she was at. Nothing like what is going on here and being tolerated. I was watching with Katie, I think yesterday or the day before, and they got on the subject of Craig and Josh. Cheryl pipped up and said yeah Josh has lots of blackheads too. I would have been mortified at something like this being told to millions of viewers. On the other networks, she was calm and professional, my problem is that I saw her show where she said she’s loud and proud-if we didn’t like it then turn down the volume because she wasn’t going to change. I found this unprofessional and don’t see other hosts doing this at the major networks. I’m not bashing anyone, merely stating facts. When I am watching, I don’t expect to be screamed or yelled at, I’m a nervous person anyway and that just makes it worse on me. So I understand what you’re saying, happy evening to you and everyone. Ginger 🌹
My like/dislike of Cheryl is like a roller-coaster. In the past, before I found this forum, I always changed the channel when she was on. Then I found this forum and was somewhat relieved to find other people felt the same as I - but then others were pro-Cheryl too - so I thought that maybe "I" was not being fair to her. She did seem to calm down for awhile. Through different presentations - I learned a few things she told about herself that made her soften my heart towards her. I was thinking, okay....she's cool. My rollercoaster started going up hill. I felt she had redeeming qualities as a host and maybe I was too critical.

This past week, I was watching her and my Cheryl rollercoaster reached the peak of the hill - but then it plummeted down. Her jokes are so unprofessional that I got embarrassed in my own home - but especially for Katie who was co-hosting with her. They were hawking house slippers and discussing the soles of the slippers which apparently, had a lot of cushion. In Cheryl fashion, she said something like "the more cushion for the pushin' - and looked straight at the camera with her mouth open and smiling.....there was an awkward silence from Katie and then she nervously began talking about the slippers. Katie was red. I was like, omg. gross. I do not want the image of Cheryl even suggesting the "thing" about pushin' into cushions. :lol: Ummm, no. no. Get Cheryl's cushion out of my mind.

But the next day, I figured "I" was a prude and forget about it. Today, she was on with Katie's husband (I forget his name - the angry man host - he seems kinda controlling to me like he wishes to be the only one on set), well Cheryl nose-dived on him! They were chatting while a product was being bought at the lowest price discussing France/French language etc.... Cheryl then asked him to say in French language, " how do you say "who cut the cheese?" - O.M.G....the male co-host (Katie's husband) said, "what?" Cheryl repeated it!!! He said it in English very awkwardly but looked mortified and looked directly into the camera and did a funny face like "so sorry." Cheryl got the best of him. I was embarrassed for him, for me, for SLC .... so now I have two images of Cheryl - pushing the cushion and cutting the cheese!

Needless to say my Cheryl roller coaster is going down fast. Is it the end of the ride? I don't know. Right now, I don't care for her. She started screaming again - and my life is too stressful already to have a loud voice screaming at me...but yet I want to see what's for sale too. Heck, that's why I watch so much SLC - maybe they have something I can't live without. I also watch a lot of SLC because I don't want to hear loud/silly/commercials all day about new prescription drugs (b/c I have every symptom for every commercial) or listen to depressing/stressing news.

Anyway, maybe the rollercoaster will start rising again....but today, no to the Cheryl.
I heard her during the slippers presentation too. How in the world can she be so inappropriate and no one cares? I watched Craigs face tonight and I thought he looked like he didnt want to be there. She is the most ridiculous person since Dan Dennis. At least she doesnt call her co workers "idiots" on live TV. I guess thats a plus. I wonder if she even knows what "more cushion for the pushin' " means? Its like she has social ineptness.
7 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

OtherSideoftheTracks, his name is Craig and I saw everything you are talking about on both occasions. I was mortified about the cushion reply. I don’t think management has saw this and that’s why we need to talk about what we find to be unprofessional. I saw her comment yesterday to Katie that she was going to get the better of Craig today and knew it wasn’t going to be good. I found that comment about the cheese very distasteful and vulgar honestly. I will put myself out there and admit I suffer from depression and anxiety, so when I hear someone screaming and yelling like she does, it makes my anxiety worse. This is a condition I’ve been suffering from for years, so that’s only one reason I want it to stop, plus it’s downright unprofessional and ridiculous to subject viewers to these kinds of things. I’m here to learn new information and maybe purchase the item but not for comments like that. And I learned something new last night from Tenner about Russian Chrome Diopside. He said there’s another place that has it and it’s very dark, that’s why all the diopside isn’t labeled Russian. Russia has the beautiful green hues whereas the other country has the very dark green. Now I will make sure I am ordering Russian Diopside. Ginger 🌹
2 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Hi Gemsnob, I’ve watched Dan for years throughout the various networks but his display at ShopLC was horrendous. I saw him belittle Ankur and several others so much. He would even throw that booklet in the trash constantly and laughing about it, saying that’s what he thought about Ankur’s book. I forgot what they called it but he was constantly throwing it off the desk or in the trash. I’ve watched him belittle female hosts and I finally had to stop watching him because it was so bad. I can’t say I am sorry he’s no longer there. I just wish something would be done about these other hosts who are really getting worse as the day goes by. Ginger 🌹
4 x

Gemsnob

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Hi Gemsnob, I’ve watched Dan for years throughout the various networks but his display at ShopLC was horrendous. I saw him belittle Ankur and several others so much. He would even throw that booklet in the trash constantly and laughing about it, saying that’s what he thought about Ankur’s book. I forgot what they called it but he was constantly throwing it off the desk or in the trash. I’ve watched him belittle female hosts and I finally had to stop watching him because it was so bad. I can’t say I am sorry he’s no longer there. I just wish something would be done about these other hosts who are really getting worse as the day goes by. Ginger 🌹
I agree. He was so off the rails I thought maybe he had an undiagnosed health problem. I didnt mind that he left.
4 x