Deja vu

Blossom

Deja vu

Post by Blossom » 2 years ago

Well, I have watched SLC off & on Christmas day & now the early hours of the day after. Each time I tuned in there was only one host like the old days. For the most part each host, by themselves, focused on every item instead of entertaining the other co-host. It was a pleasant trip down memory lane.
6 x

LisaC2019

Re: Deja vu

Post by LisaC2019 » 2 years ago

Blossom wrote:
2 years ago
Well, I have watched SLC off & on Christmas day & now the early hours of the day after. Each time I tuned in there was only one host like the old days. For the most part each host, by themselves, focused on every item instead of entertaining the other co-host. It was a pleasant trip down memory lane.
I have to agree...there was only one or two that attempted to pressure sell those tanzanite items but for the most part the presentations were okay!
5 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 2 years ago

Yes, it was really nice to see single-host presentations at long last!!! Calm voices (for the most part, LOL), no idiotic chit-chat, concentration on the jewelry itself, speedy presentation and moving on quickly to the next item ... yes, a return to the old days.

But, the Mega / Warehouse / Christmas clearances were, IMO, a total sham. Most items were offered at what they would normally do during their so-called 'falling auction' hype. I saw only a few items that were really and truly marked way, way down. And online, a load of items were back up to full regular prices, in some cases even higher than previous.

The biggest disappointment was for them to have everything be final sale with NO returns accepted ... well, no way in hello would I buy a piece discounted to, say, $600 only to find upon arrival that the stone was poorly set, didn't have the right color or look anything like the show item, didn't fit well, yada yada. With the way SLC currently operates, the only time I'll buy a final-sale item these days is if it's under $10.

So ... sadly ... their much-appreciated new look yesterday fell on deaf ears. I spent all my browsing/buying hours with the other channel ... which was allowing returns until Jan 31 and was also offering free shipping on all items for the entire day.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 2 years ago

Whoever set these “ CLEARANCE” prices, didn’t bother to check previous prices that were eligible for coupons. Many clearance items are higher then previous, plus to boot, no returns😳Well, other competitors cleaned up with disappointed Shoplc customers. I agree that buying final sale items is high risk since it was proven that defective items that were returned are put back for sale. I am proof, that happened. Of course we can return these defective items, but for the next few weeks it’s TORTURE waiting for hours in long lines at the post office, to return a defective item that never should have been resold. This is the longest I have gone in many years with Shoplc, without buying something. My family didn’t shrink- All the items I am interested in, are excluded from coupons🤯.
I have given up on these coupons. The GENIUS who is in charge of setting the value of the coupons, saw that the 30% off coupons left ALOT unsold, figured if 30% didn’t work, let’s go to 20% today😂🤣😄😁😅😂🤣
8 x