Shipping & Handling Charges Keep Creeping Up!!

Wiley1

Shipping & Handling Charges Keep Creeping Up!!

Post by Wiley1 » 4 years ago

I’m not happy with the way shipping keeps increasing! When I started shipping with ShopLC, EVERYTHING was 2.99, no matter how heavy the item! Now everything is 3.99 & higher? Jessica just presented a skimpy scarf & watch set! Price 5.99: S&H 3.99! And that roller tote is nine ninety nine S&H!! No thank you. ShopLC is approaching ShopHQ & QVC absurd territory! Do they really think their customers are that stupid? I’m still shopping with them, but am going to be very vigilant of this trend going into 2020! I live in Chicago and have my choice of stores with doors! Not to mention Amazon Prime! I’m sure I’m not the only one who is unhappy with this policy as of late! TAXES being charged are also way higher than other venues! Delivering Joy?? Not even close!! 🤔🤔🤔
7 x

Ginger

Re: Shipping & Handling Charges Keep Creeping Up!!

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’ve noticed my tax is calculated at the regular price and not at the price after a coupon or discount code. This is unethical and I am not purchasing anything. The other companies charge tax after the discount, not what their everyday price is. Check your cart before you check out, to make sure it’s not happening to you. And more shungite in just minutes, these prices aren’t clearance price and I’ve noticed how the shipping fluctuates. I remember the shipping at $1.99
8 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I’ve noticed my tax is calculated at the regular price and not at the price after a coupon or discount code. This is unethical and I am not purchasing anything. The other companies charge tax after the discount, not what their everyday price is. Check your cart before you check out, to make sure it’s not happening to you. And more shungite in just minutes, these prices aren’t clearance price and I’ve noticed how the shipping fluctuates. I remember the shipping at $1.99
They can’t do that. They just CANT!

SLC...what say you to THIS?
How are you going to go back through thousands of orders to make us whole again? Because if we’ve been charged tax on the regular amount and not what we’ve actually paid...that’s illegal!
In a word...TAX FRAUD (ok...two words)
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I just checked the last item I purchased using a coupon code. My tax is correct. However, I am in CA and I know that we are strict on businesses charging the correct amount.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
They can’t do that. They just CANT!

SLC...what say you to THIS?
How are you going to go back through thousands of orders to make us whole again? Because if we’ve been charged tax on the regular amount and not what we’ve actually paid...that’s illegal!
In a word...TAX FRAUD (ok...two words)
Three words: Federal Trade Commission. File reports. Complaining here wont make a difference but the federal government breathing down their back just might.
4 x

Ginger

The jewelry box on now was on before with Jessica and one of the male higher ups not long ago. The shipping was $2.99 and now it’s $4.99, but when I tried listening to the presentation, they cut off how much their final price was that day. But I enlarged the video and shipping was $2.99. It has a negative review and it looks cheaply made to me, not very sturdy.
2 x

Ginger

I just checked trying to make a order, but didn’t place it. Just checking to see about the tax and it’s correct now. But I have seen someone else mention this here also, but the taxes are correct now.
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Shoplc charges taxes on the full price, plus shipping. They get away with it by the way they set it up:

Price
Shipping
Tax
Discount

Notice how first the tax is calculated, then the discount is subtracted. Its a tricky way of overcharging us. We are supposed to pay taxes on the price that it cost us, plus on shipping fees. I bet, that thats all the IRS gets from shoplc. The amount we PAY. When I buy from others, Amaz.. etc. i get charged tax on how much I pay, not what the item is worth, or what it was a day ago.
4 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

My taxes were calculated correctly but I was a little irritated that when you use the bundle shipping that amount is also taxed. There is one other network that taxes shipping and I don't buy from them anymore. They also did not collect taxes but started last year due to the new internet tax rules.
3 x

Ginger

That’s what I was trying to say Vicky, I just checked again and I am being charged taxes on the shipping, even though I am paying for shipping! This isn’t right and we shouldn’t be charged taxes on our shipping plus paying the shipping charge. I’m shocked and I thought you were saying this same thing before. This is not right ShopLC :oops:
4 x