Host matchups-Marva and Michelle

Gemaholic

Host matchups-Marva and Michelle

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Please stop putting Marva and Michelle together. It’s a very awkward combination and Marva is extremely rude to Michelle. It’s uncomfortable to watch. If you aren’t watching the tv, you would never believe they are hosting together because they don’t even talk to each other. When you see them speak, they don’t even look at each other or enjoy each other. The tension is obvious. Michelle seems to get along with the other hosts and Marva has always been cold. Please fix this since it’s taking the joy of watching away especially when you have lively combinations like Blake and Nikki. Stop putting these two together!
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Host matchups-Marva and Michelle

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I also noticed how Marva only makes necessary conversation, hardly any eye contact with Michelle. Many silent gestures which are not friendly ones. Michelle is new and trying hard to fit in. I remember when Marva was new. The other hosts were very friendly. Maybe Marva doesn't realize her inner feelings are obvious to others. I’m hoping their on air relationship will improve. Good for business 👍
5 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Glad someone else noticed. After I posted this, they both started being more lively and Marva suddenly Tate’s talking to Michelle. So, looks like someone is monitoring these threads. Yesterday’s show was painful to watch. I was disgusted how Marva was treating Michelle. Michelle seemed off and it was obvious she doesn’t feel comfortable with Marva. I’ve never liked Marva as she is cold, icy, uptight and judgmental. She was even correcting Michelle in the most passive aggressive ways that made me so angry that I had to turn the tv off. I was watching Michelle and she looked affected by how Marva was treating her. I was white shocked to see them again together tonight. I prefer Michelle with Annika as she is kind and accepting of Michelle
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

I noticed overnight. I dont know what is going nor do I care. Shoplc hosts are the front line between the rest of the company and customers. If they cannot be adults and professional then they are in the wrong line of work. Definitely not the first time a host behaved inappropriately. Wont be the last. Shoplc-shop la circus
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

The first time Marva turned her head away from looking straight ahead was when ADI came on the stage. Her whole demeanor changed, as she INTERACTED with Adi. Something she refused to do with Michelle. I applaud Michelle. She dealt professionally with this attitude from Marva. If Marva looked back on the video, she should be embarrassed. If you have a beef, or just dont like the other host, take it off air. Marva made me and others very uncomfortable with her better then thou attitude. Although Michelle doesn’t flaunt it, she must be very knowledgable in the Gem world. She worked for GSN, who sells jewelry for up to a half million dollars. They only hire very experienced and licensed people. I hope Marva sees these posts and tries to improve her attitude towards certain others, on Air
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
The first time Marva turned her head away from looking straight ahead was when ADI came on the stage. Her whole demeanor changed, as she INTERACTED with Adi. Something she refused to do with Michelle. I applaud Michelle. She dealt professionally with this attitude from Marva. If Marva looked back on the video, she should be embarrassed. If you have a beef, or just dont like the other host, take it off air. Marva made me and others very uncomfortable with her better then thou attitude. Although Michelle doesn’t flaunt it, she must be very knowledgable in the Gem world. She worked for GSN, who sells jewelry for up to a half million dollars. They only hire very experienced and licensed people. I hope Marva sees these posts and tries to improve her attitude towards certain others, on Air
Im not sure whats going on with Marva but I do think it has Michelle flustered. She was tongue tied and mis spoke several times last night. I almost think they had words or something. The suits at Shoplc need to spell out appropriate behavior for hosts and employees because customers should not be noticing this unprofessional behavior on a weekly basis.
5 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

I think Marva just doesn't like this new co-hosting that's been thrust upon her.
Some host just do better on their own.
Notice how Nikki is almost exclusively paired with guys.
5 x

kaylee3

Post by kaylee3 » 4 years ago

I really like Michelle. I think she is doing a good job and yes she's very knowledgeable about the gemstones. I never was a fan of Marva. I don't dislike her but there's just something about her. I did notice they've been pairing Nicky with males but what really is starting to bother me is when Blake is talking she constantly interrupts him. It's like her voice has to be heard. And please Nicky, stop overreacting over the price cuts. It looks really unprofessional and we know you already know the price.
5 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’ve seen the way Marva reacts to Michelle but didn’t voice a concern until I saw all these comments. I think Michelle is doing fine, she gets nervous but is very knowledgeable about items. I’ve seen the icy air Marva gives her, the way Marva doesn’t really look at her and actually condescending her. If I were Michelle, I would be in tears being treated this way, especially for millions of people to see from their TV set. I don’t think this is professional or appropriate and ShopLC needs to do something about this host. It’s not the first time I have seen this very unprofessional side of her and I am appalled that she is not given a pink slip for her behavior. I’m sorry to bash any hosts, but when they’re unprofessional and down right nasty to the others, then management needs to do something. That’s just 1 of the problems with the declining ShopLC, but one of many problems. I think they need to start cleaning out the unprofessional ones with real hosts. As for Nikki, I have noticed she loves flirting with the men and has to have the attention on her. Another one that’s very unprofessional in my opinion and should be replaced. I’ve seen her in a new light since making fun of us shoppers that night with Adi. I’ve kept silent about many things, but ShopLC should take the 1St step in getting rid of the unprofessional “hosts” and replacing them with people who are truly knowledgeable & relate to the shoppers. This could be a big step that could lead to bigger issues being resolved. But 1st ShopLC has to take the first step if they want to save this company. Ginger
8 x

luvmygirls

Post by luvmygirls » 4 years ago

Hollie wrote:
4 years ago
I think Marva just doesn't like this new co-hosting that's been thrust upon her.
Some host just do better on their own.
Notice how Nikki is almost exclusively paired with guys.
I personally rather see one host. I can't stand when one host is constantly talking/interrupting the other co-host. It's rude and distracting!
10 x