Messages to hosts??

Gemaholic

Messages to hosts??

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Do they actually get all the messages? This is irritating since several of them give INCORRECT scientific information regarding the stones. This is not me being a troll, so don't bother responding with snarky remarks. I am a passionate lover of science as I am a Physics Major. We are required to take classes in all areas including geology. It is PAINFUL to hear Nikki and Becky and others keep making up things like "We don't know how magnetism works." and what Nikki just said about Lapis Lazuli being the oldest gemstone known to man. That angered me as ZIRCON is the oldest and most important stone since it determined how old our planet and solar system is. I guess they don't think us science geeks care about beautiful gemstones and won't be watching but we are! Stop lying to everyone and stop making up crap you know nothing about! I have politely written messages to hosts and no response. I don't even know if the messages get to them. Most people probably don't think this is worth being upset about, but to the scientists in the world, we despise people lying about things pertaining to science. I love gemstones because I understand what it took to make them. I just wish these hosts would stop talking out of their you know whats and just sell the products without making up crap.
14 x

jojoschis

Re: Messages to hosts??

Post by jojoschis » 4 years ago

I've repeatedly sent emails because Lolo was making incorrect statements about stones. No one seems to care!
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Do they actually get all the messages? This is irritating since several of them give INCORRECT scientific information regarding the stones. This is not me being a troll, so don't bother responding with snarky remarks. I am a passionate lover of science as I am a Physics Major. We are required to take classes in all areas including geology. It is PAINFUL to hear Nikki and Becky and others keep making up things like "We don't know how magnetism works." and what Nikki just said about Lapis Lazuli being the oldest gemstone known to man. That angered me as ZIRCON is the oldest and most important stone since it determined how old our planet and solar system is. I guess they don't think us science geeks care about beautiful gemstones and won't be watching but we are! Stop lying to everyone and stop making up crap you know nothing about! I have politely written messages to hosts and no response. I don't even know if the messages get to them. Most people probably don't think this is worth being upset about, but to the scientists in the world, we despise people lying about things pertaining to science. I love gemstones because I understand what it took to make them. I just wish these hosts would stop talking out of their you know whats and just sell the products without making up crap.
Gemaholic, I would love to have a "mind-merge" with you and gain all your knowledge! You just taught me about zircon being the oldest gemstone and I'm grateful. I would love it if you posted these facts to us as it's IMPORTANT to know! Post on and I see several "likes" on your post so others enjoy this and want FACTS as well. I hope you post more. Thanks again!
6 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

I don’t think the hosts deliberately lie. I think this is a simple case of ignorance. Jmo :|
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I think what LoLo meant to say was that some of the oldest jewelry pieces found had Lapiz in them. In my opinion she was not intentionally lying.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I think what LoLo meant to say was that some of the oldest jewelry pieces found had Lapiz in them. In my opinion she was not intentionally lying.
Thats how I take it. Its old to man because its was used in jewelry not that it the oldest gemstone known to mankind.
2 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic, I would love to have a "mind-merge" with you and gain all your knowledge! You just taught me about zircon being the oldest gemstone and I'm grateful. I would love it if you posted these facts to us as it's IMPORTANT to know! Post on and I see several "likes" on your post so others enjoy this and want FACTS as well. I hope you post more. Thanks again!

Oh bless you for being so sweet! I would love to share facts pertaining to science and geology! I can talk about it all day long! Your comment cheered me up as another here put me down for stating my scientific background. I was shocked by her response since I thought people would appreciate someone that can explain things scientifically! The reason I love gemstones so much is because rocks are so important! They tell us so much about not only our planet but the universe! Rocks even show us that our magnetic poles have changed several times since we have been a planet! Let me know what kinds of things you would like to know about! Happy to share! What’s your favorite gemstone?
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago

Oh bless you for being so sweet! I would love to share facts pertaining to science and geology! I can talk about it all day long! Your comment cheered me up as another here put me down for stating my scientific background. I was shocked by her response since I thought people would appreciate someone that can explain things scientifically! The reason I love gemstones so much is because rocks are so important! They tell us so much about not only our planet but the universe! Rocks even show us that our magnetic poles have changed several times since we have been a planet! Let me know what kinds of things you would like to know about! Happy to share! What’s your favorite gemstone?
Maybe the poles are changing BECAUSE we are mining all the "rocks" and minerals. If they really exude energy, maybe the earth needs it more than we do. Ever think of that?
0 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’ve sent messages to the hosts repeatedly asking where to send furry friend friday pictures and of course no reply!! There’s something wrong with this site, I couldn’t post a reply and it showed I logged out when I didn’t. I have no community forum on the ShopLC app, but have to go through the website or through an email from them. I didn’t log out and it showed my last forum post was 9 hours ago
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I’ve sent messages to the hosts repeatedly asking where to send furry friend friday pictures and of course no reply!! There’s something wrong with this site, I couldn’t post a reply and it showed I logged out when I didn’t. I have no community forum on the ShopLC app, but have to go through the website or through an email from them. I didn’t log out and it showed my last forum post was 9 hours ago
Yeah I've had some wierd issues with logging onto forum
1 x