Snake Oil Tactics!!

Wiley1

Snake Oil Tactics!!

Post by Wiley1 » 4 years ago

Between the pricing increase within seconds of a presentation, coupons that apply only to inflated prices and Shungite claims, ShopLC has entered the Bizarro World of Home Shopping!! I have to agree with others, and wonder if the FTC is monitoring this company! All the things that used to entice customers (i.e. low shipping, knowledgeable cs agents etc), no longer exist! They’re now delivering OY, not JOY! Also needing to be addressed is the the way they cancel items already ordered without customer emails advising us! Welcome to Superman’s Bizarro World! And those misleading Shungite presentations! Seriously??
9 x

Catticus

Re: Snake Oil Tactics!!

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Well said! πŸ€—

I agree 100%! Thank you, Wiley1, for always being a voice of truth, common sense and reason!
πŸŒΊπŸ’žπŸŒΊ
7 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

I dont think they understand that if they had done a "real vault clearance " by continually lowering prices and making the incentives better they could've had soooo many sell outs and clearance sale would be over and we would be seeing new products and designs
8 x

Catticus

I know, Gypsy!

It's almost as if they WANT to fail!
6 x

Wiley1

Post by Wiley1 » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Well said! πŸ€—

I agree 100%! Thank you, Wiley1, for always being a voice of truth, common sense and reason!
πŸŒΊπŸ’žπŸŒΊ
Thanks Catticus!! Right back atcha!,πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ
3 x

Catticus

@Wiley1
It's actually gotten so bad, and bad enough, that I cannot help but believe it's all really about something else entirely. There is just NO WAY that those in charge can think things are going well with SLC as a "shopping network." They HAVE TO KNOW what a total mess it is since the change in "management." The only thing that makes any sense to me, is that it's all really about what I've been wondering, but of course won't say!

πŸ’° πŸ’΅ πŸ’° πŸ’΅ πŸ’° πŸ’΅ πŸ’° πŸ’΅ πŸ’° πŸ’΅
🧺 πŸ‘• 🧦 πŸ‘š πŸ‘– 🧦 πŸ‘— 🧦 πŸ§₯ 🧺
πŸ§ΌπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ§ΌπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ§ΌπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ§ΌπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦
6 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago
@Wiley1
It's actually gotten so bad, and bad enough, that I cannot help but believe it's all really about something else entirely. There is just NO WAY that those in charge can think things are going well with SLC as a "shopping network." They HAVE TO KNOW what a total mess it is since the change in "management." The only thing that makes any sense to me, is that it's all really about what I've been wondering, but of course won't say!

πŸ’° πŸ’΅ πŸ’° πŸ’΅ πŸ’° πŸ’΅ πŸ’° πŸ’΅ πŸ’° πŸ’΅
🧺 πŸ‘• 🧦 πŸ‘š πŸ‘– 🧦 πŸ‘— 🧦 πŸ§₯ 🧺
πŸ§ΌπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ§ΌπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ§ΌπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ§ΌπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦

That's what I've been thinking for a while now. That's why I won't be buying from them anymore. Makes me wonder about the food program :? :shock: :o
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

You mean the 10 cents they contribute while claiming that for every item we buy, they give a hungry child a hot meal🀬and to boot, at the end of the year they get to deduct it on their taxes.
It’s nice that Shoplc’s DIME is helping our Government pay for the free school lunches they provide for needy kids. Actually our Govt also subsidizes school lunches for kids from middle to upper class families.
Then there is India. Maybe 10 cents buys a bigger Dessert there??🍧🍰πŸ₯
4 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

People have to start complaint to FTC and Better Business Bureau. A few years ago, Kohl’s and a few other stores were sued for falsely pricing items high so when they put them on sale, they actually were the normal cost they should have been to begin with, so there was no real sale. I’ll try and find the case info and post it. It’s absolutely wrong to do what SLC is doing, but people have to complain in the right places.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Alot of the articles I found were written by shoplc themselves, under different names praising them for feeding hungry kids. One article written by NO KID HUNGRY also praises them but writes that shoplc agreed to give $.010. ( 10 cents) for each item sold from June 2018 to June 2019. In another article these food programs claim it only cost them 50 cents to feed these kids daily ???
1 x