Does anyone else laugh...

Gemaholic

Does anyone else laugh...

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

When every gemstone they present is supposedly mined out or endangered of being mined out? I keep laughing because it seems EVERY stone they present, even garnet which is copious, is going to be totally unavailable since the mine is closed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sometimes I think they are overly dramatic about it and it actually makes me NOT want to buy the item. I still don't like their grandidierite. I don't care how rare it is. The color they are selling of it does not appeal to me! If you see what AAA grandidierite looks like, the color is so different than the kind they are selling!
11 x

Amy

Re: Does anyone else laugh...

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

I thought emeraldine was so special & limited to ShopLC. I googled it, it’s a treated white quartz you can buy at W-mart. 😨
6 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
When every gemstone they present is supposedly mined out or endangered of being mined out? I keep laughing because it seems EVERY stone they present, even garnet which is copious, is going to be totally unavailable since the mine is closed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sometimes I think they are overly dramatic about it and it actually makes me NOT want to buy the item. I still don't like their grandidierite. I don't care how rare it is. The color they are selling of it does not appeal to me! If you see what AAA grandidierite looks like, the color is so different than the kind they are selling!
Gem quality grandidierite is rare not what they are selling. I would never buy something just to say I had it especially when I would never wear it.
8 x

Gemsnob

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
I thought emeraldine was so special & limited to ShopLC. I googled it, it’s a treated white quartz you can buy at W-mart. 😨
They have several colors of treated white quartz. Most networks do. Some colors are really pretty but I prefer crystal quartz.
4 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

It kills me when they show those grandidierite "comps." They look NOTHING like what they are selling. The good stuff (very expensive) really is beautiful. They actually had a smaller stone set in gold on here quite awhile ago. I forget how much it was, but in the thousands. It was a pretty and clear blue and green combination in the stone.......very unusual coloring.
7 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
It kills me when they show those grandidierite "comps." They look NOTHING like what they are selling. The good stuff (very expensive) really is beautiful. They actually had a smaller stone set in gold on here quite awhile ago. I forget how much it was, but in the thousands. It was a pretty and clear blue and green combination in the stone.......very unusual coloring.
Exactly! I was looking at pictures on the internet last night to see what Grandidierite is supposed to look like, and the AAA is stunning! it reminds me of Neon Apatite. After seeing that, I don't care how rare it is, I'm not buying theirs.
5 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

My husband laughs at this. He says what will they sell then? They will have to go out of business if everything is mined out. I'm not too crazy for Grandiderite either, I did buy a few pieces, not really blue-green.I only bought it cause I do love blues green stones. I did send a few back and bought more hoping for a deeper color.I didn't buy anything expensive though. I guess the larger more expensive stones are of course better, but I really can't pay that.
7 x

Gemsnob

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
Its like the Jadeite comps they pull up. A necklace that sold in the millions! Its Imperial Jadeite! Dont pretend to compare your bleached, filled and dyed jade to that. Its not the same. Thats almost criminal.
7 x

Gemsnob

The jade they sell is like the FF rubies and sapphires. Its had so many treatments, its almost manmade.
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
Amy, did you see Stacy & Cheryl presenting an emeraldine bracelet couple nights ago? Stacy started to crack herself up, Cheryl joined in & before you know it, they were both calling EMERALDINE!!! In a hillbillyish way like they were calling a child in from outside. They were having fun w/it but it kinda made it sound ugly (which I know wasn't their intention since it's a pretty green).
6 x