ring sizing -- and Adi

scoobydoo

ring sizing -- and Adi

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

Did anyone hear what Adi said about ring sizing last night? I can't remember what he was hawking, I meant to post then, but I was too comfortable on the couch with my dogs and didn't feel like getting up and going to the computer room.

Anyway, whatever it was, there were only two sizes available. And Adi said ...THREE times...
"if you go to a good jeweler, you can size this up or down by 5 sizes."

WHAAAT?? No jeweler I know would ever do that... and I know some very good ones. I sure hope no one fell for that idiocy.
7 x

Gemsnob

Re: ring sizing -- and Adi

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
Did anyone hear what Adi said about ring sizing last night? I can't remember what he was hawking, I meant to post then, but I was too comfortable on the couch with my dogs and didn't feel like getting up and going to the computer room.

Anyway, whatever it was, there were only two sizes available. And Adi said ...THREE times...
"if you go to a good jeweler, you can size this up or down by 5 sizes."

WHAAAT?? No jeweler I know would ever do that... and I know some very good ones. I sure hope no one fell for that idiocy.
Adi is showing that everything he says and does is only for the sake of the sale. Kind of like a sleazy used car salesman. His humor and ads dont make up for it.
4 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

oh, @Gemsnob, don't get me started on his ads!!! Those things are a complete embarassment and SOOOOO unprofessional. Whose brilliant idea was is to create them in the first place, much less actually air them???
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I heard it too. I just shook my head, because he has alot to learn. Last year when they were in Vegas at the gem show, ankur couldn’t make it to buy Golden south sea pearls. Unfortunately, Adi went instead. For hours he talked of nothing but of the great buy of pearls he will present in a few hours. He claimed that it was a guy who bought it from a new guy that went out of business. A NEW FIND. Anyway, he claims he looked at ALL the pearls. All were beautiful. .
Well the only ones that were BEAUTIFUL were the ones that were displayed on Air. It was supposed to be 9-15mm. None of my friends, nor I received any 15mm. ( I guess nobody showed Adi how to measure pearls). Other then the pearls on air, ours wasnt a GOLDEN color. More yellowish. Not all round, not high lustre. Plus- the item number was the same as the ones shoplc sold 1 year before. So it wasnt a new vendor. I was livid that shoplc allowed someone inexperienced in judging and measuring Pearls was allowed to deal with the seller.
I really couldn’t blame him. It’s like sending a child 🤬
7 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

His comment about sizing 5 sizes is just as bad as when Cheryl says you can use those plastic ring sizers to make a size 10 ring fit a size 5 finger! I've heard her say this many times, and I can't believe it. I have a size 5 finger, and if I put a size 10 ring on it (with the sizers attached), I wouldn't be able to close my hand! I sure hope no one falls for that cr--p.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
I heard it too. I just shook my head, because he has alot to learn. Last year when they were in Vegas at the gem show, ankur couldn’t make it to buy Golden south sea pearls. Unfortunately, Adi went instead. For hours he talked of nothing but of the great buy of pearls he will present in a few hours. He claimed that it was a guy who bought it from a new guy that went out of business. A NEW FIND. Anyway, he claims he looked at ALL the pearls. All were beautiful. .
Well the only ones that were BEAUTIFUL were the ones that were displayed on Air. It was supposed to be 9-15mm. None of my friends, nor I received any 15mm. ( I guess nobody showed Adi how to measure pearls). Other then the pearls on air, ours wasnt a GOLDEN color. More yellowish. Not all round, not high lustre. Plus- the item number was the same as the ones shoplc sold 1 year before. So it wasnt a new vendor. I was livid that shoplc allowed someone inexperienced in judging and measuring Pearls was allowed to deal with the seller.
I really couldn’t blame him. It’s like sending a child 🤬
Adi has it wrong. Everyone likes Petier. Ive read that many times. Its Adis screaming antics that are an issue. They can say whatever on air. That makes them feel powerful Im sure.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
I just received a south sea pearl pendant set in gold that I ordered to go with a ring I already had. The ring was a lighter colored of yellow south sea pearl, set with champagne and white diamonds, and little emerald accents. The pearl pendant will do for what I wanted (just to have to wear with the ring), but it is very plain, the bale is barely big enough to fit a chain, and it is not the size that the description gave, it is smaller. It is noticeably smaller than my ring.
Do you like the pendant ?
1 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
No, but he and Peter were talking about the forums on air today. I have went through many of MY posts since then and deleted them, even though people quoted me and is still there. They made a comment that people on the forum didn't like them and wanted them off air? Peter also said someone said that they were a trainwreck? Then he said that people were on the forum praying for new hosts? Maybe I am missing something, but I don't recall reading any of what was said online, but left a bad taste in my mouth. Going to just use the forum for my purposes when it suits me from now on. I don't think they are interested in very much that is on the forum, regardless, is a joke to them, so I am not going to take any of this seriously anymore.
This is getting disgusting. So much for @Moderator_Danielle passing our complaints along to the appropriate people. I have never heard of a company or business shaming their people on air. I am still mad about Tenner last week, Cheryl did this last week as well, and now Adi and Peter? We are the customers and we have the power. People will catch on and take their business elsewhere...which is already happening. I keep reading in the forum people starting to change the channel and go to JTV or other places. I like SLC's unique designs but I like myself more. If this is how they treat customers, then they don't deserve my money
7 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
No, but he and Peter were talking about the forums on air today. I have went through many of MY posts since then and deleted them, even though people quoted me and is still there. They made a comment that people on the forum didn't like them and wanted them off air? Peter also said someone said that they were a trainwreck? Then he said that people were on the forum praying for new hosts? Maybe I am missing something, but I don't recall reading any of what was said online, but left a bad taste in my mouth. Going to just use the forum for my purposes when it suits me from now on. I don't think they are interested in very much that is on the forum, regardless, is a joke to them, so I am not going to take any of this seriously anymore.
This is getting disgusting. So much for @Moderator_Danielle passing our complaints along to the appropriate people. I have never heard of a company or business shaming their people on air. I am still mad about Tenner last week, Cheryl did this last week as well, and now Adi and Peter? We are the customers and we have the power. People will catch on and take their business elsewhere...which is already happening. I keep reading in the forum people starting to change the channel and go to JTV or other places. I like SLC's unique designs but I like myself more. If this is how they treat customers, then they don't deserve my money
It proves one thing.

It bothers them, more than they'll ever admit, when comments are made about them that aren't necessarily in "glowing" terms.

They wouldn't even bother to bring it up, or discuss in a conversation things others "said" about them...

Unless it hit a nerve.

Oh you better believe it bothers them. But instead of being adults about many of the comments and taking them into consideration, they instead choose to make fun of the comments (and suggestions) because they believe it "spares" their egos.

They're definitely embarrassed by a lot of the comments.

But they'll hide it. At least, they'll try to.
Last edited by Catticus 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
In regards to sizing silver with a finish over it, there is no one where I live that will do such a thing. So, if I were to buy a different size in silver, would just be stuck with it.
Any jeweler should be able to size silver ring, if it has platinum finish you really aren't going to notice but the yellow & rosegold would be problem and need recovered (if that's the correct term)
1 x