Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Gemaholic

Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

I have been a loyal shopper since 2007-back when you went by another name. When news came out that you were going out of business, I was sad. When the news came out that you were sticking around but going under a new name: Liquidation Channel, I was ecstatic. I grew to love all the different gemstones that TJC and LC offered that I couldn't find at jewelry shops in my area.
Through the years, I have stuck with SLC, even when I didn't like the direction you guys were going. I still stuck with you when you started added tag team hosting which to most viewers, is very distracting and we don't like it. This forum was created for us to communicate with each other. Many of us have voiced our concerns, but nothing changed. What do you expect us to do? We have each other to vent to and nothing else. Your company has made it clear that we are all just a number, not a family member.
Now you have your own hosts calling out your loyal "family" members on live TV? I have never heard of a company or business arrogantly mocking their customers! Cheryl did it last week, Adi and Nikki did it during November 2019, and now Adi and Peter? Wow. You guys disgust me. You think I am going to recommend my friends and family to SLC? I actually love my friends and family so why would I subject them to that kind of abuse? This is how you thank your customers? In the real world, a real and successful business owner and salesperson would rise to the occasion and take the feedback as an opportunity to grow and be better. Instead, several of you have lowered yourself and your standards and embarrassed YOURSELVES on air. Make no mistake about this, you are embarrassing yourselves, not the customers. It is shameful and I am embarrassed FOR YOU.
I leave you with this final note:
I am no longer going to stay silent. I am sure that @Moderator_Danielle or one of the others will quickly delete this, but I have other ways to get my voice heard. I just discovered that several pieces of my jewelry were not real rose spinels. YOU LIED TO US. You think that we are all ignorant and can't figure things out? I am a scientist, so you sent fake jewelry to the wrong person. I also have a legal background, so I am not afraid to take action. I will be contacting the FTC now and the Better Business Bureau about the upsetting discovery I made. I have my own mini lab at home based on my science background, so again, WRONG PERSON TO TRICK. I don't want to hear about you all being gemologists. I would never agree to a scientific claim without checking it myself. Before you sell something as natural or genuine, QUALITY CONTROL IT YOURSELF!
You will be losing many customers. Most people don't like spending money on something only to be mocked on TV. Many of you are dishonest and try to create a false urgency about certain stones. You also play price games. Don't you know what happened to Kohl's and JCPenny's recently? They were sued for this very issue! Shame on you. Shame on the SLC hosts who obviously feel they can get away with even putting down customers. That is disgusting behavior and I am taking my business elsewhere. I will be contacting FTC now. I was going to be nice and understanding and think, "Oh, well maybe they didn't know what they were buying." FORGET THAT. Having Adi joke about this on air was the final straw. I AM DONE. Looks like 2008 will be repeating with your channel as I am sure I am not the only or last customer to find out she has been deceived.
Last edited by Gemaholic 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
17 x

Topic Tags:

Teachergirl

Re: Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Post by Teachergirl » 4 years ago

Wow. I'm just curious. What exactly did they say?
4 x

Theresia

Post by Theresia » 4 years ago

I missed that too. What was said?
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Theresia wrote:
4 years ago
I missed that too. What was said?
I only watched Peter & Adi a short time & also missed whatever they said. Please share...?
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gemholic, Id hate to see you leave this forum. You are a wealth of knowledge and loads of fun. There a several people no longer shopping here but they enjoy the forum and the people enough to stay active on it. Please reconsider. ❤
9 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

@Gemaholic

Please stay! Do what you intend, definitely, and with my blessing and support (and gladness) but stay! We need you on this forum!!!! You're witty, fun and oh so knowledgeable!

Ahhhh! Don't leave us! 😱
7 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
I have been a loyal shopper since 2007-back when you went by another name. When news came out that you were going out of business, I was sad. When the news came out that you were sticking around but going under a new name: Liquidation Channel, I was ecstatic. I grew to love all the different gemstones that TJC and LC offered that I couldn't find at jewelry shops in my area.
Through the years, I have stuck with SLC, even when I didn't like the direction you guys were going. I still stuck with you when you started added tag team hosting which to most viewers, is very distracting and we don't like it. This forum was created for us to communicate with each other. Many of us have voiced our concerns, but nothing changed. What do you expect us to do? We have each other to vent to and nothing else. Your company has made it clear that we are all just a number, not a family member.
Now you have your own hosts calling out your loyal "family" members on live TV? I have never heard of a company or business arrogantly mocking their customers! Cheryl did it last week, Adi and Nikki did it during November 2019, and now Adi and Peter? Wow. You guys disgust me. You think I am going to recommend my friends and family to SLC? I actually love my friends and family so why would I subject them to that kind of abuse? This is how you thank your customers? In the real world, a real and successful business owner and salesperson would rise to the occasion and take the feedback as an opportunity to grow and be better. Instead, several of you have lowered yourself and your standards and embarrassed YOURSELVES on air. Make no mistake about this, you are embarrassing yourselves, not the customers. It is shameful and I am embarrassed FOR YOU.
I am no longer going to stay silent. I am sure that @Moderator_Danielle or one of the others will quickly delete this, but I have other ways to get my voice heard. I just discovered that several pieces of my jewelry were not real rose spinels. YOU LIED TO US. You think that we are all ignorant and can't figure things out? I am a scientist, so you sent fake jewelry to the wrong person. I also have a legal background, so I am not afraid to take action. I will be contacting the FTC now and the Better Business Bureau about the upsetting discovery I made. I have my own mini lab at home based on my science background, so again, WRONG PERSON TO TRICK. I don't want to hear about you all being gemologists. I would never agree to a scientific claim without checking it myself. Before you sell something as natural or genuine, QUALITY CONTROL IT YOURSELF!
You will be losing many customers. Most people don't like spending money on something only to be mocked on TV. Many of you are dishonest and try to create a false urgency about certain stones. You also play price games. Don't you know what happened to Kohl's and JCPenny's recently? They were sued for this very issue! Shame on you. Shame on the SLC hosts who obviously feel they can get away with even putting down customers. That is disgusting behavior and I am taking my business elsewhere. I will be contacting FTC now. I was going to be nice and understanding and think, "Oh, well maybe they didn't know what they were buying." FORGET THAT. Having Adi joke about this on air was the final straw. I AM DONE. Looks like 2008 will be repeating with your channel as I am sure I am not the only or last customer to find out she has been deceived.
Hello,

Do you have a general timeframe that the comments occurred? I wanted to pull the show so I can share with the VP of sales. Secondly, I have no intention of deleting this post, rather I would like some information. You indicated a fake product was sent to you, may I have the item number? If the product is still available in house we can send a sample to an independent lab we work with and provide the results to you personally. The report they give us gives the composition of the product.
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Hello,

Do you have a general timeframe that the comments occurred? I wanted to pull the show so I can share with the VP of sales. Secondly, I have no intention of deleting this post, rather I would like some information. You indicated a fake product was sent to you, may I have the item number? If the product is still available in house we can send a sample to an independent lab we work with and provide the results to you personally. The report they give us gives the composition of the product.
Danielle, you always go above & beyond to help everyone on the forum (& probably everywhere you go!). I appreciate you & hope YOU never call it quits!
11 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Hello,

Danielle, you always go above & beyond to help everyone on the forum (& probably everywhere you go!). I appreciate you & hope YOU never call it quits!
Hello, Thank you always happy to help. I won't be calling it quits anytime soon. Got plenty of people that need help :).
14 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Gemoholic please do not leave because of what they said, if you leave over their childish comments then they have won, we would all miss you, you will hurt us not them by leaving. What I think the host should be doing instead of mocking us and comments made on the forum is be brave enough to come on here and talk to us, ask us why we feel the way we do or why we are upset, instead they act like cowards hiding behind the camera making childish rude remarks about the post in the forums. Do they not realize that if they came here and chatted with us about the issues we would think more highly of them and maybe issues could be worked out, maybe by doing this they would get more respect instead of losing our respect because of their mocking. I have no problem with them joking around, I laugh at some of the things they say in fun but what is not funny is when they mock what is bothering the members of the forum, the same people that pay they salary because without good customers a business goes under. If we are really family like shop lc claims then the host should talk to us like a any family member would do if their was a problem. Yes I do believe they have put anyone that made comments about the host on a do not answer them list when we try to ask a question or make a comment, again this is childish, I have worked in retail my whole life and yes I was also management and no matter what a customer said or did I still treated them with respect and tried to make things right to make the customer happy I would never have mocked a customer.
11 x