Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

RS

Re: Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemaholic,

While I understand and can certainly sympathize with you wanting to leave (or feeling you must if you no longer spend money at SLC) doing so would only serve to quiet a voice that should not be quieted.

Plus we would miss you🥺
10 x

Topic Tags:

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic,

While I understand and can certainly sympathize with you wanting to leave (or feeling you must if you no longer spend money at SLC) doing so would only serve to quiet a voice that should not be quieted.

Plus we would miss you🥺
Thank you, sweetie. I just don't know what else to do. Nothing seems to get their attention. I hate giving up but I just can't believe all this stuff that has happened with the channel recently. I'm so upset about my discovery with the gems. Even if they are lab created, it's still the fact they mislead us. You were right a while ago when you mentioned this issue. I was skeptical thinking how could they get away with it if it was true? Now, I am seeing how easy it is actually :cry:
8 x

Gemaholic

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
I have been a loyal shopper since 2007-back when you went by another name. When news came out that you were going out of business, I was sad. When the news came out that you were sticking around but going under a new name: Liquidation Channel, I was ecstatic. I grew to love all the different gemstones that TJC and LC offered that I couldn't find at jewelry shops in my area.
Through the years, I have stuck with SLC, even when I didn't like the direction you guys were going. I still stuck with you when you started added tag team hosting which to most viewers, is very distracting and we don't like it. This forum was created for us to communicate with each other. Many of us have voiced our concerns, but nothing changed. What do you expect us to do? We have each other to vent to and nothing else. Your company has made it clear that we are all just a number, not a family member.
Now you have your own hosts calling out your loyal "family" members on live TV? I have never heard of a company or business arrogantly mocking their customers! Cheryl did it last week, Adi and Nikki did it during November 2019, and now Adi and Peter? Wow. You guys disgust me. You think I am going to recommend my friends and family to SLC? I actually love my friends and family so why would I subject them to that kind of abuse? This is how you thank your customers? In the real world, a real and successful business owner and salesperson would rise to the occasion and take the feedback as an opportunity to grow and be better. Instead, several of you have lowered yourself and your standards and embarrassed YOURSELVES on air. Make no mistake about this, you are embarrassing yourselves, not the customers. It is shameful and I am embarrassed FOR YOU.
I leave you with this final note:
I am no longer going to stay silent. I am sure that @Moderator_Danielle or one of the others will quickly delete this, but I have other ways to get my voice heard. I just discovered that several pieces of my jewelry were not real rose spinels. YOU LIED TO US. You think that we are all ignorant and can't figure things out? I am a scientist, so you sent fake jewelry to the wrong person. I also have a legal background, so I am not afraid to take action. I will be contacting the FTC now and the Better Business Bureau about the upsetting discovery I made. I have my own mini lab at home based on my science background, so again, WRONG PERSON TO TRICK. I don't want to hear about you all being gemologists. I would never agree to a scientific claim without checking it myself. Before you sell something as natural or genuine, QUALITY CONTROL IT YOURSELF!
You will be losing many customers. Most people don't like spending money on something only to be mocked on TV. Many of you are dishonest and try to create a false urgency about certain stones. You also play price games. Don't you know what happened to Kohl's and JCPenny's recently? They were sued for this very issue! Shame on you. Shame on the SLC hosts who obviously feel they can get away with even putting down customers. That is disgusting behavior and I am taking my business elsewhere. I will be contacting FTC now. I was going to be nice and understanding and think, "Oh, well maybe they didn't know what they were buying." FORGET THAT. Having Adi joke about this on air was the final straw. I AM DONE. Looks like 2008 will be repeating with your channel as I am sure I am not the only or last customer to find out she has been deceived.
Hello,

Do you have a general timeframe that the comments occurred? I wanted to pull the show so I can share with the VP of sales. Secondly, I have no intention of deleting this post, rather I would like some information. You indicated a fake product was sent to you, may I have the item number? If the product is still available in house we can send a sample to an independent lab we work with and provide the results to you personally. The report they give us gives the composition of the product.
Hi Danielle,
The items are from a LONG time ago but I am still searching through my papers to find it. I think it would be on a card since back then TJC sent cards with the jewelry info (man I miss those days). I did find one of the product numbers for a sapphire piece that was not labeled as lab created or fissure filled and it may be a fake as well. Once I get all the product numbers together, I will send them over to you. I appreciate you taking this seriously.
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic,

Plus we would miss you🥺
Thank you, sweetie. I just don't know what else to do. Nothing seems to get their attention. I hate giving up but I just can't believe all this stuff that has happened with the channel recently. I'm so upset about my discovery with the gems. Even if they are lab created, it's still the fact they mislead us. You were right a while ago when you mentioned this issue. I was skeptical thinking how could they get away with it if it was true? Now, I am seeing how easy it is actually :cry:
I read reviews online somewhere where a customer said they took some Shoplc jewelry to their jeweler only to find out what they thought (and was marked 925SS) was mystery metal and what they thought were genuine gems were glass. Now, I have no way of knowing if they were telling the truth or how much they paid for the jewelry but I find it interesting and worth looking into. I cant remember what website it was.
4 x

Gemaholic

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic,

Plus we would miss you🥺
I read reviews online somewhere where a customer said they took some Shoplc jewelry to their jeweler only to find out what they thought (and was marked 925SS) was mystery metal and what they thought were genuine gems were glass. Now, I have no way of knowing if they were telling the truth or how much they paid for the jewelry but I find it interesting and worth looking into. I cant remember what website it was.
I think it may have been on the p*ssedcustomer page they have? That sounds vaguely familiar. Glass is easier to detect if you have some basic tools. I think we all should pull out our jewelry boxes and start inspecting.
4 x

Gemsnob

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago

I think it may have been on the p*ssedcustomer page they have? That sounds vaguely familiar. Glass is easier to detect if you have some basic tools. I think we all should pull out our jewelry boxes and start inspecting.
All I have is a basic diamond tester. Im not prepared to pay a jeweler to inspect the thousands of pieces Ive purchased over the years. I take that back...I can test for silver but Ive never done it. I can reorder the stuff I need if I cant find it.
5 x

Gemsnob

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Last year I took a lot of clearance pieces that I had bought and just didn't wear to a local pawn shop. I needed to clean out my jewelry box and thought to get what I could out of it. The jeweler wouldn't take most of the pieces because he said some appeared not to be silver, and some had pieces and parts that were not silver. All of the items were portrayed as "sterling silver" when I bought them. They used some stuff they put on the pieces to test it. They said they would question whether or not the stones were real, as well. I just figured they were afraid to take a chance with some of it because of their test results. Now I don't know what to think. I donated the items to charity and told them what I could about them.
Thats concerning. Ive often thought the issue is that they are from India. Who knows what laws or lack of laws are in place there and then they come here and have a business. Plus, they do everything ie are vertically integrated which means less of a chance that someone will notice or inspect what they are selling.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I wish we could do a live group chat or the very least private message each other. ugh.
10 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

Me too OtherSideoftheTracks 🌹 this worries me now since I’ve bought so so many loose gemstones over the years with ShopLC. I too have Spinel, big blue zircons, tourmalines, a big rubellite and so many others and have no way of telling if they’re real. Huge London Blue Topaz (18 carats) and so much Russian Diopside. Is there a tester that can be bought?
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I also wish we could do one on ones!

On the silver issue--Back in my gravy days I used to go to Mexico for 2 weeks every May. You can well imagine I bought a LOT of silver. Admittedly some of that silver had nickle in it (I can tell as I react to nickle) but if a vendor said something was silver it was silver. Know why? If someone sold an item and represented that it was silver and it was not, and they were caught, it was a life sentence in prison. Hmmmmm... Even the desperate street vendors would not say alpaca (mystery metal) was silver.
5 x