Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Gemaholic

Re: Dear SLC Hosts-Shame on you

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
I understand OTS. I guess I don't have the patience to look for things. I bet it is great when you find something neat. The one time I went to this shop, I felt totally assured in their competence and knowledge, also. They are on the main drag here in my hometown, and they are the only ones who buy silver, as well. The magnets they used to test made the jewelry stick to it immediately, which is not the reaction you are looking for when testing silver. None of the findings on earrings, pendants, bracelets, none of them were silver, and some pieces would stick to the magnet no matter where you tried it. It really opened my eyes, but the whole process was interesting. They didn't even want to pay a dollar for the things because they said they would doubt that the stones were real either. Their words, not mine, and they certainly had nothing to gain by telling me that. IDK, am much more careful now - buyer beware.
YIKES..yeah they should not be sticking to the magnets. This is important. @Moderator_Danielle these are the things we are talking about. SLC is not being honest about its products. The product info we are given doesn't mean anything. Science doesn't lie. A necklace sold as 925 silver SHOULD NOT BE MAGNETIC
2 x

Topic Tags:

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Gemaholic wrote:
4 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
I understand OTS. I guess I don't have the patience to look for things. I bet it is great when you find something neat. The one time I went to this shop, I felt totally assured in their competence and knowledge, also. They are on the main drag here in my hometown, and they are the only ones who buy silver, as well. The magnets they used to test made the jewelry stick to it immediately, which is not the reaction you are looking for when testing silver. None of the findings on earrings, pendants, bracelets, none of them were silver, and some pieces would stick to the magnet no matter where you tried it. It really opened my eyes, but the whole process was interesting. They didn't even want to pay a dollar for the things because they said they would doubt that the stones were real either. Their words, not mine, and they certainly had nothing to gain by telling me that. IDK, am much more careful now - buyer beware.
YIKES..yeah they should not be sticking to the magnets. This is important. @Moderator_Danielle these are the things we are talking about. SLC is not being honest about its products. The product info we are given doesn't mean anything. Science doesn't lie. A necklace sold as 925 silver SHOULD NOT BE MAGNETIC
I understand, and I am glad to address any needed returns. I am also glad to share any item numbers with the quality manager for investigation.
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

According to a gemologist that I saw on a YouTube video, if the sterling silver is attracted by a magnet, it doesn't mean it's fake. It have nickel. And ShopLC claimed that it's jewelry is nickel-free. A customer service agent told me that the pieces bought before 2012 are with nickel and the ones after that year are nickel-free.
4 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
According to a gemologist that I saw on a YouTube video, if the sterling silver is attracted by a magnet, it doesn't mean it's fake. It have nickel. And ShopLC claimed that it's jewelry is nickel-free. A customer service agent told me that the pieces bought before 2012 are with nickel and the ones after that year are nickel-free.

Hello,

I got this feedback from out content editor: "Components that might require higher durability might be fashioned out of steel, such as clasp tongues, earring posts, and so forth. These will be magnetic, of course."

We agree that our team can be better about sharing this information. Especially since this isn't done with all products. However, we do stand behind the authenticity of the products. So if the is anything we need to address we are here to help! :)
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Margui wrote:
4 years ago

Hello,

I got this feedback from out content editor: "Components that might require higher durability might be fashioned out of steel, such as clasp tongues, earring posts, and so forth. These will be magnetic, of course."

We agree that our team can be better about sharing this information. Especially since this isn't done with all products. However, we do stand behind the authenticity of the products. So if the is anything we need to address we are here to help! :)

I'm glad I found this post as I almost didn't click on it.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
Margui wrote:
4 years ago

Hello,

I'm glad I found this post as I almost didn't click on it.

I know what you mean. But I've discovered the posts can drastically change course from the beginning of thread!
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Yep. It's called "hijacking" a thread. Happens all the time! :P
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Hahaha, yeah I get it OTS, because plenty of others have posted on my threads and ranted and raved about their own agenda instead of joining in about what I posted, so much that I refrain from opening threads, but in the case of this thread, who hijacked it? Are you saying Gemaholic hijacked her own thread when SHE turned the conversation onto her gems she found that were not real?
uhmmmm no. IF you were addressing me, then no. @Rolltide I was in no way suggesting ANYONE did anything wrong or anything such a thing, why would I? I was simply calling it for what it's called. hijacking, and I was simply replying to @Blossom about topics changing in a thread and what that is called in ALL forums.

I wish we could better save good posts for reference but we can't.

In fact, I just posted in the wrong thread about starting a thread for jewelry cleaning instrustions and asked @Gemaholic and @Gemsnob and others to post their instructions in a new thread (if they thought it was a good idea or I would if they didn't mind) - but I posted in the wrong thread so "I" musta hijacked THAT thread. ha. gah.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Ummm, yes, othersideofthetracks, I was addressing you, as I was replying to your post, and I wanted to know what you meant when you referred to hijacking, so I asked you directly. I am like that, when I don't understand something I ask questions directly.
Then @Rolltide I hope I cleared it up for you. Did I?
3 x

Gemaholic

Post by Gemaholic » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Yep. It's called "hijacking" a thread. Happens all the time! :P
I hijack my own threads all the time! Hmmm I guess if it's my own thread it would be just taking over the wheel? Hmmm

I'm in a silly mood tonight! :)
4 x