Comparisons: Apples to prunes

Gemsnob

Comparisons: Apples to prunes

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

How do they get away with the comparisons they show? Right now they are showing a 925 rough granditierite bracelet. What comparison do they show? A white gold and diamond granditierite necklace with faceted green stones in the tens of thousands of dollars! Come on! Thats not even close to being a legitimate comparison. Sometimes I wonder how they look at themselves in the mirror.
6 x

RS

Re: Comparisons: Apples to prunes

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
How do they get away with the comparisons they show? Right now they are showing a 925 rough granditierite bracelet. What comparison do they show? A white gold and diamond granditierite necklace with faceted green stones in the tens of thousands of dollars! Come on! Thats not even close to being a legitimate comparison. Sometimes I wonder how they look at themselves in the mirror.
”Mirror, mirror on the wall.... 👑🍎 who’s the largest gem house of them all....????”
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
”Mirror, mirror on the wall.... 👑🍎 who’s the largest gem house of them all....????”
Lol. Yep. You are right and very wise.
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I hate when they do that, we are not stupid!
5 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

Or when they make a comparison of a ring that has, say, 10-12 small round chrome diopside stones (maybe 4mm each) to a ring that has a single LARGE stone of the same total ctw. Well, DUH, of course the large solitaire is going to be much higher in price!! (They actually did that this morning ... or maybe it was last night? This ole brain loses track of time so easily, LOL.)

Do ya think maybe they're all still in kindergarten and haven't yet passed Logic101? A 10-year-old has more logic. Sheesh.
4 x