Prasiolite

Kittycat

Prasiolite

Post by Kittycat » 4 years ago

Cheryl just said these rings are worth $400. I don't think so. The color is a bit light, too washed out, that's how they are looking on my screen. I've seen nicer. I have a few but they are a bit light. I'd love to get one with a darker color, which I have seen and should have bought as I love green. Still no job yet, waiting to hear back from 2 and have an interview tomorrow. I am trying hard not to buy anything until I get a job. I did buy a cross earlier but it was only $14.99. It hasn't been hard to refrain lately as I have a lot, I am being very picky.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Re: Prasiolite

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

You are right about the color on the prasiolite. The color can vary wildly. The first piece I bought for a customer was a very nice mint green. The second (different item) was extremely washed out and closely resembled white topaz. Had to "eat" that one.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

It is a pretty gemstone but it just doesn't excite me when I see it on TV. maybe if I saw in person I would like more
2 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 4 years ago

Gems en Vogue pieces have the best looking prasiolite I have seen in a long time. The color is deep and a pretty shade of celadon green.
Last edited by silleemee 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

silleemee wrote:
4 years ago
Chuck Clemency's, Gems en Vogue, pieces have the best looking prasiolite I have seen in a long time. The color is deep and a pretty shade of celadon green.
Thats Michael Valatutti. Sorry if I spelled his name wrong. I agree though. His line has the best saturation of color.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

silleemee wrote:
4 years ago
Chuck Clemency's, Gems en Vogue, pieces have the best looking prasiolite I have seen in a long time. The color is deep and a pretty shade of celadon green.
I had to look that color up. It looks very bright , reminds me of a Spring color
2 x

silleemee

Thank you! My mistake. I edited my post.
2 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

I bought a gems en vogue prasiolite 3 or 4 years ago, large pear shaped. It is absolutely beautiful. It takes my breath away every time I wear it. You might check and see if Michael V. has any. I’ve never seen anything better! You can also call his business; used to be able to. If shophq doesn’t have any in stock.
3 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

I just looked on shophq. Gorgeous prasiolite rings , large stones! Surpasses anything I’ve seen on LC.
3 x

silleemee

It's been my experience with prasiolite where you almost have to get a large stone to see any substantial color. I mean stones that are at least 4 or more carats. Otherwise most of them have very little color and appear grayish, not green at all. Looks like that upcoming TLV round-cut ring is over 5 carats and it looks fairly nice.
2 x